Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

Dragon Age Rebellion

Chapter Four Magic

Chapter Four
Magic

I frowned as Risa was carried from the room. I felt badly for her. This had to be so intense for her to deal with. All logic and reason the things she clung most to were out the window now. I turned back to Lyna and Aedan and smiled at them. While I was of course grateful to finally have some of the story, I wanted more answers.
“Has this Evil God been seen yet?”
I asked sitting down now. Lyna shook her head lightly.
“No, not yet. But proof of its rising is the fact that you and Risa are here”.
Lyna said as she sat across form me. I folded my hands in my lap thinking for a moment. This was a lot to take in, and yet it made perfect sense to me. I lifted my gaze to find Lyna again.

“So, one of us is a mage? And the other a warrior?”
I questioned. Aedan nodded to me as he approached placing his hands on Lyna’s shoulders. I could see how much the two of them loved each other and it made me wish I had something like that. Maybe with someone like Alistair. I blushed at the thought, gosh I just met the guy and I couldn’t get him out of my head.
“That is what Andraste said, it is clear to us that Risa seems more athletic then you are”.
Aedan said. I nodded agreeing with him.
“Oh yeah, she was in Ballet and Jazz dancing, Gymnastics, basketball. You name it. All sports where we come from. She was even on the girls Hockey team for two years”.
I explained. Lyna smiled at me.

“Well, I guess that makes you our mage. We’ll start training after the two of you have had some time to get use to things here.”
Lyna said. A woman who wore hooded chainmail armor entered the room. Lyna stood seeing the woman enter.
“Liliana. Is something wrong?”
Liliana shook her head lightly.
“Nothing too serious, The Head of the Chantry is here. Asking questions”.
Lyna sighed shaking her head.
“I knew this would happen. Alistair would you mind coming with me to speak with them?”
Lyna asked. Alistair stood from his place giving a nod.
“I’ll be whatever help I can. The Chantry isn’t too happy with me either right now”.
He flashed a boyish grin.

“Should be fun”.
Alistair said in a sarcastic witty tone. Lyna laughed lightly as the two left the room together, Lilliana followed behind them. Aedan stood facing me.
“Would you like to see the rest of the fortress?”
Aedan asked. I stood not seeing a problem with that. I followed Aedan through the fortress looking around taking everything in. He explained the rooms and what they were used for as we went through. Once we reached the wall again I looked out over everything seeing Alistair in the courtyard with his guards it looked like they were making ready to leave.
“You’re fond of him”.
Aedan smirked crossing his arms as he stood on the other side of me. I blushed to myself as I leaned on the wall looking down at him. Was I really that obvious? I sighed closing my eyes.

“It’s weird right? Some crazy stalker girl obsessed with a king”.
Aedan laughed leaning next to me looking towards Lyna as she stood talking with Alistair. He smiled at me as he fixed his eyes on me.
“Hey, I was captivated the instant I set eyes on Lyna, she’s an Elvan woman. For a long time humans and elves haven’t seen eye to eye. Most of all with Delish but she saw beyond the fact I was a human. And I saw beyond her Delish roots. She is the most beautiful person outside and in that I’ve ever known. She’s opened my eyes and I’ve opened hers. There is nothing wrong with love at first sight.”
Aedan said smiling at me. I kept my eyes fixed on Alistair watching him.

That feeling of being meant to find him here washed over me again. But I dismissed it quickly. There was just no way someone like him could ever see me as anything but a mage I suppose. From what I gathered about this world, Mages weren’t fondly looked upon. They were feared. Alistair’s eyes met mine and he smiled, I blushed smiling back at him feeling my heart all a flutter.

Liliana approached Aedan and I as she did she looked apologetic for interrupting. But Aedan seemed to understand. He stood upright.
“The Wardens?”
He asked, Liliana nodded to him making her way inside with Aedan who patted me on the shoulder before following her.

I watched as Alistair and his men left the courtyard. As I wondered back towards the room I had woken in with Risa I saw her with Cullen laughing and talking with him. It appeared to me they were playing some kind of card game. I hadn’t seen her so happy before. I didn’t want to interrupt them, it was nice to see Risa finding some form of happiness here.

I wondered towards the courtyard looking towards the tavern, I thought about going in when a gust of energy wrapped around me. And I saw flashes of images in my mind. Alistair and his guards were in grave danger. They were being attacked and whoever was attacking meant to kill them. I turned fast and started running hard and as fast as I could.

The images becoming stronger and stronger in my mind. Tears building in my eyes at the thought of harm coming to Alistair. It made my heart hurt. I could hear the distant screams of his men and feel the malice in the air as I grew closer and closer to the scene. A massive beast was standing over Alistair ready to kill him.

It looked like the monster that attacked my sister and I someone was controlling these things. It was the only explanation I had to it. As I charged forwards I threw out my head screaming for the beast to stop. That was when I felt it. A blinding white light shot out of my palm consuming the monster and reducing it to ashes. Alistair looked back at me just as shocked as I was. I looked down at my hands tears in my eyes.

My knees buckled as I realized that I had just used magic. I smiled to myself, the one thing I’d always wanted now coursed through me.
“How did you do that?”
Alistair asked looking at me still shocked. I lifted my eyes to find his shaking my head lightly. In all honesty I didn’t know how it was possible for me to do something like that.

“I don’t know”.
I breathed before getting up and going over to him helping him stand. He looked at me as I kept his arm around my shoulders supporting him. Alistair smiled at me.
“You saved my life. I suppose I owe you a kiss”.
He teased. I smiled to myself shaking my head lightly, while I liked the idea, he didn’t owe me anything. As I returned to Skyhold with Alistair everyone was rushing towards us.
“Your Majesty are you alright?”
A woman I think was called Cassandra asked as she helped me to support him.

“Yes, I am, thanks to the new mage. She used magic I’ve never seen before on the beast that attacked my men and I.”
Alistair explained. I smiled as Aedan rushed over taking over for me as far as supporting Alistair went. As they brought him inside, I was surrounded by a few people asking questions. I noticed a few others looking on like they were scared of me or something. I smiled at my admirers not sure what to say.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3