Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

Dragon Age Rebellion

Chapter Eight Beyond The Ordinary

Chapter Eight
Beyond The Ordinary

We had taken down a group of thugs that had heard we were asking about Brother Genitivi it seemed like someone didn’t want us to find him. My guess was the chantry. Since the ashes of Andraste went missing, Brother Genitivi disappeared with them. I held the Silver Star pendent Krissi had given me for luck in the air watching as it glinted in the fire light. it was strange for me, feeling so close to someone I’d only met, and yet what made it feel all the more strange was the fact that I was ok with feeling close to her.

Lifting my gaze I saw Cullen making his way towards me, he sat down on the other side of me and held his hands out towards the fire warming himself. I closed my fist around the pendent hopefully concealing it from him. But I could tell by the sly grin on his lips that he’d already seen the pendent.

“A little early for her to be giving you trinkets isn’t it?”
Cullen smirked. I rolled my eyes getting to my feet. Turning back to him I crossed my arms thinking I should remind him of my authority as king but instead I simply told him what the object really was.
“It’s a good luck charm. Krissi gave it to me for luck, I assume it’s her way of making sure I don’t end up hurt in need of her aid again and she is nowhere to give it”.
I explained hoping that Cullen would get the hint. He laughed shaking his head.
“The way she looks at you tells another story my lord.”
Cullen said with a grin, I turned away from him smirking to myself as I crossed my arms.
“Good, you remember I am your king and make life very bad for you, if you cross me”.
I teased grinning at him.

Cullen shook his head.
“Well then, I won’t bring up the affections you’ve won from one of our newest residence my lord”.
Cullen said. I smirked to myself.
“And what of the affections you won? You seem quite close with her sister”.
Cullen shook his head turning back to me.
“We are good friends. And she didn’t give me a good luck charm”.
Cullen reminded me. I looked down at the pendant.
“There is only one thing I ask, my lord on behalf of my friend”.
Cullen said stepping forwards speaking in a serious tone. I nodded to him.
“Alright”.
I said feeling my hand instinctively close around the pendant. Like I was scared he would take it from me. Cullen crossed his arms standing across from me.

“Don’t hurt her, she is a mage my lord and you and the King of Ferelden. It is an impossible situation. My lord”.
Cullen said, I diverted my gaze not sure why his words cut me so deep. Without response I turned going back to my tent. I laid back holding the pendent up over my face watching it sway thinking of her smile. Why did I feel as if I knew her? As if we’d been together before? I sighed to myself closing my eyes and letting sleep take over.

Images passed through my mind, of a Templar and a Mage holding each other, surrounded by other Templar’s and a Knight Commander. The images got more intense and I felt panic rush through me as the Templar removed his helmet and I was looking at myself. The mage removing the Cowell and revealing herself to be Krissi. Our eyes locked and we learned in for one last kiss before the order for death was given. The next thing I knew Krissi and I lay lifeless bleeding out but still holding each other. Our eyes remaining locked speaking telepathic “I love yous” before taking our last breaths.
I jolted awake gasping for air as I looked towards the woman that stood at the entrance of my tent. I gaped at her not understanding why she was there or who she was. Though I had a feeling who she might be, I couldn’t allow myself to believe that.

“King of Ferelden, Your soul is intertwined with the soul of my beloved child. The Templar trained king, falling in love with the mage daughter of one of the old Mage lords I cast down myself. Is truly a forbidden love. It is because your souls touched in the fade, when your souls embraced there was much happiness, however your souls were cast from the fade when it was learned that you had become spirits of Divine love, Divine love is only the makers to give. That the two of you came to create it for yourselves. Was forbidden, my daughter was cast out before you in hopes of braking that divine love between your souls. However it did not happen that way. Your divine love lives on within her and makes her magic more powerful than any other”.

I stood looking at Andraste feeling confused.
“So, our souls came together in the fade and created divine love, something that is only the Maker’s to give?”

Andraste nodded to me.
“Yes, divine love is a rare gift, for two souls to create it is impossible, however your souls did the impossible when you were together in the fade before entering the world. I knew what was coming for my daughter, the evil she’d face and how much she’d need you. That is why I have come, because the bond you share with my daughter must not be broken, if it is. She will fall and so will all of Thedas”.
Andraste said. I moved forwards.
“What about your other daughter? Risa?”
I asked,

Andraste smiled at the mention of her oldest.
“She is a warrior, and my daughters guardian, I fear the burden of truly saving Thedas from Reckoning rests on my youngest child’s shoulders. My oldest is meant to guard and protect her with her life. And while the bond they share is strong and a key piece of her survival, one could not live without the other. Your bond with my daughter is of a different make. And possibly most important to her survival. Just as Risa needs Cullen. Krissi needs you”.

Andraste explained. I looked away from her feeling my head starting to pound with information. That was when I felt a pang in my chest. Something that ignited fear and panic within me. Andraste frowned at me looking towards Skyhold’s direction.
“I fear it is too late. Hades has risen, he attacks the fortress as we speak”.

I raced forwards and Andraste vanished as I ran towards the ledge seeing the brilliant glow in the distance that looked like fire. Fear coursed through me as I heard someone running up behind me. Cullen reaching my side.
“It’s Hades! The evil god”.
I informed him. Cullen and I wasted no time finding a way down the cliff and running as fast as we could towards Skyhold.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3