Butterfly Kisses

Chapter II

Kenna's Outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/outfits_ii/set?id=187974347

Out of all the seminars he has taught, Spencer never remembered faces and names together. This one was different. He remembered her sitting behind a desk next to two males in a black pencil skirt and bright peach top. Now, she was walking his way. Her hips swayed as her black athletic shorts hung above them. Her old high school T-shirt was stained with mud. She was beautiful from her fiery red hair, right down to the tips of her Muck boots.

“Look at this cow, Reid!” Emily giggled as the creature nuzzled her face.

“Sorry, but that's not a cow. He's a bull,” the girl spoke again. “I'm sorry, I have a big pet peeve when it comes to my animals.”

“Animals? There's more!?” JJ gasped.

The girl nodded her head, promising to introduce her to them at some point.

“Kenna, why don't you bring our guest inside?” a voice shouted from the cozy home's front wooden porch.

“Kenna? As in Kenna Leighton?” Rossi questioned.

“That would be me,” the young girl smiled. “Didn't Hotch tell you about me?”

“I did!” Hotch exclaimed, appearing from the back of one of the SUVs.

“Actually, we just found out today,” Spencer replied.

“Well, come on. Mom has lunch in the oven,” the girl stated, spinning around toward the house. “By the time y'all get settled in, it'll be ready.”

“You've really been holding out on us, huh, Hotch?” Derek asked.

“Do not tell me you are planning on hitting on my niece, Morgan,” Hotch begged, pinching the bridge of his nose and closing his eyes as he followed the group.

“Of course not! But our genius is single,” he winked.

“Uncle Hotch!” Kenna exclaimed as she stopped him before entering the house. “Are you ashamed of me? Is that why you never told your team about me?”

“Of course not, sweetheart,” Hotch stated, kissing her forehead. “I hardly talk about my personal life at work. It's been hard, though, since your aunt's death.”

“I know, I'm sorry.” Kenna looked down, ashamed with herself.
“Don't be sorry, honey. I understand how you feel. However, I would never be ashamed of you.” Hotch smiled at the young girl, causing her to giggle. “Your brother on the other hand, well, he is another story.” The two laughed.

They filed into the house where the rest of the team was. Kenna's mother Patty was assigning everyone to their rooms.

“JJ and Emily, you will be in my son's room while he is at training,” she happily explained. “Derek, Rossi, and Aaron, you will be in the basement. Oh, and Dr. Reid! You will be sleeping in my daughter's room!”

“What!?” Hotch and Derek exclaimed.

“Kenna is staying in the living room, on the couch. She offered to give up her bed for someone who holds her life in their hands,” Kenna's father Greg explained. “How crazy do you think I am, Aaron?”

“You're crazy, Greg, but not stupid,” Hotch laughed.

“Well, I am going to get lunch ready while you all settle in,” Patty said.

“I'll show you to your rooms,” Kenna said.

She walked back a small hallway, stopping at a door that led to the basement. “Hotch will show you what's what down there, Derek and Rossi.” They dispersed from the group as Kenna pointed to a room. “This is Garrett's room, for JJ and Emily.” She walked into another room, which Spencer followed in hot pursuit. “And this is my room!” she giggled, falling on the bed.

Spencer laughed nervously, but then approached his question with as much confidence as he could build. “So, you, me, seminar. Um, uh,” he stumbled. This was not good.

Kenna laughed. “Yes, I was at one of your seminars in 2012. I was the smart ass. Now, relax and sit before you pass out. I'm going to help my mom.” She stood and patted Spencer on the shoulder before leaving the room.

Spencer silently cursed himself for his stage freight.