Butterfly Kisses

Chapter V

Derek pulled out his phone and called someone, putting it on speaker, as Hotch came and sat beside me.

“Hey, chocolate thunder! What can I do for you?” a woman on the other line said.

I giggled loudly.

“Awe, and who does this cute giggle belong to?” she asked.

“That would be my niece, Garcia. Kenna Leighton.” Hotch squeezed my arm slightly.

“Hotch, you have a niece!? Well, this is some news! How are you, sweetie?”

“I'm fine, thank you,” I smiled.

“Baby girl, I need you to find me any information on a Kylie Morris,” Derek stated.

“No problem! Goodbye for now, my friends!”

Derek hung up the phone as I said, “She seems a little...”

“Insane?” Spencer laughed.

“That's pushing it,” I smiled at him. He returned it.

A few minutes later, Garcia called back.

“I found a good bit on Mrs. Jackson,” she stated.

“Who?” I asked.

“Kylie Morris married Christopher Jackson nine months before your kidnappings first started. It says here that Kylie reported domestic violence charges three times since their marriage began,” Garcia said. “I'm emailing you all I found now.”

“Thanks, Garcia,” Hotch said as he hung up the phone.

Spencer went over to his laptop and brought up the email. “Her address is 539 Johnson Road.”

“Let's bring her in for interrogation,” Hotch demanded. “Kenna, stay here with Spencer.”

I did as I was told. I stayed in my seat as I watched the team climb into the SUVs and drive off.

“Let's go somewhere less gruesome, Kenna,” Spencer suggested, standing up and holding out a hand for me to take.

We walked to what looked to be the break room of the police station.

“It must be creepy, knowing that someone who defended you in the past might be out to get you,” Spencer said, breaking our silence.

I huffed. “I can't say that I'm surprised. I heard she stalked Jennifer Aniston after high school.”

Spencer choked on his coffee. “You're kidding, right!?”

I shook my head. “Nope. Jennifer put a restraining order against her apparently. What a psycho bitch, huh?”

“Jennifer or Kylie?” Spencer laughed.

“Kylie, you wackjob!” I laughed.

“Is there a room we could use for interrogation?” I heard Derek ask.

“Yeah, sure. Right down this hallway,” an officer said.

I saw everyone pass by through the windows of the break room. I saw Kylie's perfect blonde hair and blue eyes walk by. A serious grimace was plastered upon her perfect skin.

“I hope she isn't the kidnapper,” I solemnly said.

“Why's that?” Spencer asked. “You said she stalked you even.”

“I know, but she helped me through such a tough moment in my life.”