Butterfly Kisses

Chapter VII

“Kenna, slow down!” Spencer yelled over the radio as he gripped his passenger seat.

“Are you kidding!?” I yelled back. “This is my first case! I have to get there in time to catch the guy!”

I pulled my car behind one of the SUVs. I saw Derek and Hotch rushing inside a building. Acting in the moment, I started to run toward them.

“Kenna, no!” Spencer commanded, stopping me dead in my tracks. It was like Spencer's voice was the King, and I, the peasant, had to listen, or die.

“You need a vest on to even be here.” He handed me a vest, which I slipped over my head as he did his. He swiftly secured his, while I struggled. Spencer noticed and did it for me as he repeated “Your uncle is going to kill me” again and again.

“Relax. He isn't going to kill you, unless you accidentally touch my boob while putting on my vest,” I stated as he did the upper strap. He stared up at me, his mouth hanging agape. I laughed. “I'm kidding. I'm a big girl, bud.”

While Spencer and I were flirting, the team managed to catch our kidnapper, but the victims were no where to be seen. We rushed over quickly.

“Reid, get her out of here!” Hotch yelled.

As Spencer struggled to give an answer, I quickly said, “I know these people. I deserve to help, even though they made my high school life a living hell.”

Hotch rolled his eyes at me, and decided to just let me go. He knew all too well than to fight with me, especially now.

“Let's interrogate him now. There's no point in taking him in before at least trying to get something out of him,” I stated.

“She has a point, Hotch,” JJ said.

“Morgan, I want you to get something out of him. Kenna and Spencer, try to analyze him,” Hotch stated.

Derek handcuffed Christopher to a large picnic table in the yard.

“So, Christopher, we know that you kidnapped the missing people from this district. Care to tell us why?”

Christopher smiled evilly. “Kylie told you, huh? She has such a loud mouth.”

“I'm not here to play games, buddy. I'm here to find the missing people that you took.” Derek started to grow angry. “Tell me why you took them.”

“Why else would I take them?” he asked. “They were trying to hide what they really were. They were fake! They were cruel to my perfection.” His eyes moved to me. “You're so much more beautiful up close, Kenna. How are you?”

I went to say something, but Spencer stepped in front of me. “You do not try to communicate with her.” He turned to me and put this hands on my arms, sweetly saying, “I don't want anything to happen to you, Kenna. You're my responsibility.”

I nodded and smiled. I don't know why, but in that moment, I felt something for the young Doctor.