Status: ONGOING ( but have writers block)

Change

tio

It was a few days later that Goose and Elizabeth were discussing the possibility of adopting a child from Detroit, Michigan. Elizabeth had been on the Michigan adoption website just a day before and had found a young three year old girl who was taken away from her parents because the dad was constantly raping his daughter and the mother never did anything about it.

“Baby, I know how much this means to you. But do you think she’d even trust me? Or Nicky for that matter after what her father did to her,” Goose asked. That was the biggest question mark hanging over their heads. Could that young child ever trust men again after what her own father had done to her?

“Goosie, I think it will work out just fine. That baby needs a home. I’ll be damned if I let anything like that happen to her again. I will die before anyone touches that little girl in any way, shape or form that the father did,” Elizabeth said, the very thought of it making her sick to her stomach. When she had read the story, Goose and April had to hold her back in the hospital bed to keep her from going after the father. Goose knew how passionate she was about children. Any harm that came to any child through abuse was what she called “the greatest sin a human can commit.”

“I know baby. I want to give that girl a home as much as anyone else does. But the main thing we have to worry about here is: will she even trust a male anymore? And most of your friends my love are males,” he reminded her. Elizabeth nodded. She had thought it all day yesterday, but she knew that she had to get the little girl in her care. She would fight every single battle to get that girl in her loving care. She was not going to let anything happen to that child ever again.

“I just don’t understand Goosie. How can anyone hurt an innocent child like that? It just makes me sick Goose. Why would he do that to HIS OWN DAUGHTER?!” Elizabeth was full out crying at this point and Goose pulled her into a hug, letting her head rest against his chest.

“Baby girl, there are some very sick people in this world. People who would do something like that to their own child deserve to be punished,” he whispered, trying to fight back his own tears. Elizabeth, Niklas and himself were like three peas in a pod: they wanted to beat the crap out of anyone who dares to lay a hand on a child in a horrific way. And to think that a father could hurt his own daughter like that was just disgusting beyond all belief. What he thought was worse however was that fact that a mother would let this keep happening to her. A mother should protect their own flesh and blood and to think that this mom was letting someone do horrific acts to her daughter time and time again? Goose couldn’t even wrap his mind around it.

It was a few days later that Goose and Elizabeth met the little girl-Alana-that they had wanted to adopt. They were sitting in the waiting room at the adoption clinic near their house and both of them were nervous. Elizabeth in particular wasn’t sure how the young child was going to react. She wasn’t nervous about herself (okay, maybe she was a little bit) but she was more worried and nervous for Goose. Sighing, she gave Goose’s hand a tight squeeze.

“Are you scared baby,” she asked quietly. Goose shook his head.

“No. What if she hates me,” he replied. Elizabeth shook her head. Alana wasn’t going to hate Goose-distrust him, yes. But hate him? No one could hate Goose. He was too sweet and loving for anyone to hate him.

“She won’t hate you hon. I promise. She might distrust you but she’s not going hate you.” Elizabeth kissed her boyfriend’s cheek just as Alana and Ms. Miller came back in.

“Elizabeth, Gustav? This is Alana,” Ms. Miller said, releasing the little girl’s hand. Alana looked terrified- not that they blamed her after what she went through. Elizabeth smiled gently and slowly moved to kneel in front of her.

“Hi Alana. My name is Elizabeth. I’m not going to hurt you and neither is my friend Gustav,” she said, gently taking the girl’s hand. Alana looked down at the floor before looking back up at her.
“You prowise,” she said, tears running down her cheeks. Elizabeth swallowed hard and Goose quickly coughed, not wanting to make the younger girl upset more than she already was.

“I promise,” Elizabeth finally whispered as she hugged the young girl close to her. It had been way too long since she had held a child in her arms like this, but she knew Alana needed her. She rubbed the young girl’s back and picked her up, placing her on her hip. Alana wrapped her arms around Elizabeth’s neck and buried her face in her shoulder, sobbing hysterically at this point.

“Why did my daddy do this to me? Why,” she asked. Elizabeth shuttered at the pain in Alana’s voice.

The pain and suffering was so familiar to her-she knew the look in Alana’s eyes, the pain and hopelessness in her voice. A pain that no one-let alone a child-should have to live with. Goose wiped at his eyes and slowly walked over to the two girls, not wanting to startle Alana. Alana looked at him scared, but Goose shook his head and reached for her hand.

“Alana, I don’t know why your daddy did what you did. He was a bad man. But I promise you, with everything I’ve got, that you will never be hurt in that way again. No one will ever harm you again,” he said, gently touching the younger girl’s cheek. Alana slowly relaxed and reached up for Goose.

Goose took her and she buried her face in his shoulder, snuggling into him in a way that made Elizabeth’s heart melt. She loved watching her boyfriend with little kids. There was something about it that made Elizabeth know he was going to be a good daddy.

“It seems like she’s pretty attached. Can we take her now,” Elizabeth begged. Ms. Miller thought for a minute. Elizabeth had tried to adopt a child a year earlier but had stopped because of the rape. She knew what the younger girl was like. She had read the young couple’s paperwork over and over again. She knew that they could adopt a child. Sighing, she made her decision.

“She can go home with you today. Alana, go and get your things sweetheart. You’re going home today.” Alana squealed and got down from Goose’s arms, racing back to her room. Elizabeth started to cry.

“My dream of adopting a child is real now,” she whispered. Goose pulled her into a tight hug. He was so excited. He was finally going to get to be a father. Smiling, he signed the paperwork and handed it back to Ms. Miller. A few minutes later, Alana came back dragging her suitcase behind her.

“Daddy,” she yelled, running right into Goose’s arms. The young swede picked her up, shocked. Had she really just called him daddy? After what had happened to her, she was already trusting him? He shook the thoughts from his mind and laughed as she buried her face in his chest.

“Hi sweetheart,” he whispered. Tears were rolling down his cheeks and he quickly wiped them away, not wanting his daughter to see him crying. He readjusted her on his hip and looked at his girlfriend.

“Ready to go home baby,” he asked. Elizabeth nodded, Alana’s suitcase swung over her shoulder.

“I sure am babe. Let’s go home with our daughter.” She gave Ms. Miller a hug and then the three of them walked out the door, ready to start their brand new life together.