Status: ONGOING ( but have writers block)

Change

femton

It was only two weeks later-with Viggo at home with April-Alana, Elizabeth, and Emma were at Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals against the Flyers. Elizabeth was nervous- not only for her team, but for her city. Detroit had seen a terrorist attack in Detroit-there was a bombing- and she was hoping more than anything that her boys winning the Cup would heal this city. Sighing, she picked up her young daughter, who wanted to see her daddy. “Look, momma, it’s daddy,” Alana squealed, pointing at Goose, who smiled from ear to ear at hearing his daughter’s voice.

“Hi, baby girl,” he said, waving at her. Alana squealed and Elizabeth laughed, loving her daughter’s happiness. She loved seeing Alana happy, for that meant that she herself was happy. She was glad also glad to see so many people here-at least for a moment-forgetting the trouble of the past week. Sighing, she shook her head, trying to clear it before she turned her attention to her loving boyfriend, who was laughing at her expression. “You look nervous,” he scolded, narrowing his eyes at her. She narrowed her eyes back at him, mocking his glare.

“It’s game seven. Of course I’m nervous,” she shot back. Goose stuck his tongue out at her and skated off, leaving Elizabeth and Alana in peals of laughter.

“Daddy silly, isn’t he mommy,” Alana asked.

“Yes, baby girl, he is silly.” It was only a few moments later that Elizabeth begged Emma to take Alana to get some food and go to the bathroom. “I don’t want her seeing this,” she explained in a whisper. Emma understood-Alana had been through enough as it is-so she took the little girl’s hand and led her away. Elizabeth was sobbing as Niklas-her big brother and the strongest person she knew-came up to the microphone.

“Detroit! I know this last week has been tough for us-ALL of us. We have lost lives, we have been shattered. But no matter what happens tonight, THIS IS OUR TIME! THIS IS OUR CITY! Whatever rebuilding needs to be done, whatever healing still hasn’t happened, no matter what happens in this game tonight, we WILL be champions. We will be united. We are DETROIT STRONG!” Everyone was cheering, screaming, chanting, or crying after his speech. Elizabeth was full out sobbing. This was why she loved her brother, this is why she loved her boys. Whenever something like this happened, the game took a backseat to making their fans feel better and heal. She was so proud of her boys and Niklas was right: no matter what, they would be champions.

Elizabeth chewed nervously on her nails as the third period began. Her team was down by two goals and she was nervous. Not that they hadn’t come back before to win games, but with their highest scorer, Pavel, out of the game, could they win? She shook her head and told herself to relax. Alana was asleep in Emma’s arms, her headphones covering her ears so the noises of the crowd couldn’t distract her. Elizabeth herself was glad Alana was asleep-she hadn’t been sleeping well the last few days due to the fact that she had been sick. She hated seeing Alana so sick, but she knew it was human nature. Sighing, she turned her attention back to the ice, where Niklas was staring up at her.

“You think we can do it, sis,” he yelled, grinning. Elizabeth laughed at him.

“Of course, big brother. You always can.” Niklas smiled at her before turning his attention back to the game. He felt nervous at this point-he felt like he couldn’t control it. But he had to. Sighing, he shook his head and hopped over the boards, hoping to at least get another goal for his team and his family. He caught Hank’s eyes.

“Get me the puck, Hank,” he whispered to his captain. Hank looked surprised, but he nodded.

“I’ve gotcha, Kronner,” he said, smacking his younger teammate’s butt before heading towards the face off dot. Niklas just smirked at his captain and lowered his stick onto his knees. This was a battle they were well prepared for. It was one he and his teammates had fought many times before. It was a fight he enjoyed, but he knew not until the battle was over would he relax. Not only did he want to win for his family, he wanted to win for his city. After those terrible crimes committed against them, they needed this victory. He shook his head to clear it and watched Hank intently as he faced off against his younger Penguin rival. Hank won it and passed it back to Niklas. Niklas noticed a wide opening right in the top corner of the goal and hoped he didn’t miss. He didn’t and let out a scream of joy as he lifted up his leg and skated in a circle before hugging Goose tightly.

“Listen to them, Kronner,” Goose whispered, referring to the large crowd. Niklas closed his eyes for a minute. The chants of “Kron-ner Kron-ner” rang in his ears and his eyes suddenly filled with tears. He knew that they loved him for his hits-the ones he had been doing for ages-but he had never remembered them chanting his name like this. And he hadn’t even scored the game winning goal or the game tying goal. They were still down by a goal. It was then, when he opened his eyes up, that most of the crowd wasn’t wearing Hank’s jersey or Pavel’s jersey-they were wearing HIS jersey. He frowned, wondering why, when Hank elbowed him in the side and reminded him of the “video of sympathy” he had made right after the bombings. Niklas took a shuddering breath and lifted his stick to the crowd who was still chanting his name. They screamed louder and it was then that Niklas finally smiled. He never wanted to leave this city, ever. Smiling, he skated back to the bench and fist bumped his teammates before looking into the stands at his sister. Her eyes were filled with tears too but when she saw him, she smiled.

“I’m proud of you, Nicky,” she said. Niklas could barely hear her over the noise of the crowd, but that didn’t bother him. He knew she was saying something to him and besides, she made a heart out of her hands and held it up for him. He knew it was something good.

Elizabeth bounced nervously on the heels of her feet. There was a minute left in the game and it was tied 3-3. She knew they had to win this game-and the cup-for this city. Sighing, she picked up Alana and placed her on her hip, half-smiling as she fixed her hair. “Are you getting me ready for daddy,” she asked with a grin. Alana giggled.

“Yes, I am,” she replied. Elizabeth smiled and turned her attention back to the ice. She bit down nervously on her lip as Goose got the puck.

“Go baby, go baby,” she screamed, setting Alana down next to her. Goose made a move around a defenseman and shot the puck. IT WAS IN THE BACK OF THE NET! Elizabeth screamed and tears flew down her cheeks as she watched her boyfriend get mobbed by his teammates. Her heart seemed to grow bigger, but she didn’t seem to care. All she could do was scream Goose’s name at the top of her lungs as he skated back to the bench. She noticed how happy he looked and smiled. This was her boy-her very own Goose-and he had done it. She didn’t think there was anyway Pittsburgh was going to come back and win this game. How could they? Elizabeth knew that Pittsburgh had ruined hopes and dreams before (along with her life) but she knew that for this city, her boys were going to lock down on them. The countdown finally began. 30 seconds……..20…….10….9….8…..7…..6…..5….4….3….2….1 THE DETROIT RED WINGS ARE THE STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS! Elizabeth screamed happily and hugged Emma tightly before picking up Alana. “WE DID IT! WE DID IT,” she said, tears streaming down her cheeks. She was so happy, she felt that her heart would burst. She felt Alana snuggle into her and smiled. After all she had been through, Alana, although she was so young, was finally getting the piece of happiness she deserved. She smiled when she felt a nudge in her side and looked at Emma.

“It’s a text from April. She said she nearly dropped Viggo when the clock ran out but remembered just in time,” she explained. Elizabeth gave a loud laugh.

“I’m sure she did, silly woman. I love her.”

It was a few minutes later that Elizabeth was throwing herself in Goose’s arms. “GOOSIE! GOOSIE, YOU DID IT YOU DID IT YOU DID IT,” she screamed, kissing him hard on the lips. Goose gasped in surprise and kissed her back even harder, the joy in his eyes growing.

“I know, baby. I’m so happy,” he whispered. Elizabeth looked up at him.

“You should be more than happy, Goosie. You should be proud of yourself. You finally achived your dream of being on top of the world,” she replied, wrapping an arm around his neck and the other brushing the sweaty hair back from his face. Goose grinned and then turned his attention back to his daughter, Alana, who was tugging his hand. Elizabeth, meanwhile, raced towards her brother and buried her face in his chest.

“I’m so proud of you, Nicky. You won your second cup….as an assistant captain. I know daddy would be proud of you,” she said, hugging her brother tightly. At the mention of their father’s name, Niklas started to cry. Hasse Kronwall had died on Niklas’s eleventh birthday. He had been in the room to wake up his father when he realized he was dead. “Shhhh, Nicky. Don’t cry because you’re sad. Daddy is watching over you, I know he is,” she said, resting her forehead on his. Niklas smiled and hugged her tightly, kissing the top of her head.

“I love you,” he whispered, tears running down his cheeks. Elizabeth smiled back.

“I love you too, big brother.” A tap on her shoulder made her turn. It was Goose with a half-asleep Alana in his arms.

“Can you sing for us…….and the crowd,” he asked. Elizabeth grinned.

“I never thought you’d ask,” she said, teasing him as she grabbed her guitar and headed to center ice. Someone-she wasn’t sure who-had placed a microphone at the center ice circle. She grinned and walked up to it, eyes scanning the crowd. She noticed there was not one dry eye in the stands and that made her teary eyed. But, she shook it off and spoke into the mic. “People of Detroit, this has been a rough week for us! We have seen death, destruction, disbelief, denial, and despair. But tonight, we have seen life, hope, happiness, and rebirth. These boys-these MEN-you see in front of you worked their butts off tonight to make you happy. To make you forget, at least for tonight, the tradgey. Tonight, we will LONG LIVE!” With that, Elizabeth picked up her guitar, strummed it, and began to sing.

I said remember this moment in the BACK of my mind
The time we stood with our shaking hands
The crowds in stands went wild
We were the Kings and the Queens
And they read off our names
The night you danced like you knew our lives
Would never be the same
You held YOUR head like a hero
On a HISTORY book page
It was the end of a decade
But the start of an age
Long live the walls we crashed through
How the kingdom lights shined just for me and you
I was screaming long live all the magic we made
And bring on all the pretenders
One day, we will be remembered
I said remember this feeling
I pass the pictures around
Of all the years that we stood there
On the side-lines wishing for right now
We are the Kings and the Queens
You traded your baseball cap for a crown
When they gave us our trophies
And we held them up for our town
And the cynics were outraged
Screaming, "This is absurd!"
Cause for a moment a band of thieves
In ripped up jeans got to rule the world
Long live the walls we crashed through
How the kingdom lights shined just for me and you
I was screaming long live all the magic we made
And bring on all the pretenders
I'm not afraid
Long live all the mountains we moved
I had the time of my life fighting dragons with you
I was screaming long live that look on your face
And bring on all the pretenders
One day, we will be remembered
Hold on to SPINNING around
Confetti falls to the ground
May these memories break our fall
Will you take a moment, promise me this
That you'll stand by me forever
But if God forbid fate should STEP in
And force us into a goodbye
If you have children some day
When they point to the pictures
PLEASE tell them my name
Tell them how the crowds went wild
Tell them how I hope they shine
Long live the walls we crashed through
I had the time of my life, with you
Long, long live the walls we crashed through
How the kingdom lights shined just for me and you
And I was screaming long live all the magic we made
And bring on all the pretenders
I'm not afraid
Singing, long live all the mountains we moved
I had the time of my life fighting dragons with you
And long, long live the look on your face
And bring on all the pretenders
One day, we will be remembered


“LONG LIVE,” the crowd screamed when the song ended. Elizabeth was sobbing with happiness at this point and it didn’t seem to surprise or bother her that her friends and family were crying right along with it. This was something that she was never going to forget. When she noticed Goose grinning at her in the way that she had never seen him do before, she titled her head at him.

“What’s wrong, love,” she asked. Goose shook his head.

“Nothing is wrong, my sweet. I only wanted to ask you a question.” Heart pounding, she looked at him.

“Y-yes,” she asked. Imagine her surprise and shock when her boyfriend knelt in front of her and pulled out a ring.

“Izzy, I love you. I love you more than words can say. I want you in my life forever…I want my kids in my life forever. I could never live without you. I would die without you her. So, Elizabeth Kronwall, will you marry me,” he asked. Overwhelmed with emotion, Elizabeth only nodded. As Goose slipped the ring on her finger and kissed her, Elizabeth realized this was the best day of her life.
♠ ♠ ♠
PLEASE COMMENT!!