Status: ONGOING ( but have writers block)

Change

sex

Sidney was drunk. He was wayyyyy in over his head drunk. But surprisingly, he wasn’t taking a girl home tonight. He just wanted to go home and sleep: forget his fear. Forget his pain, forget the girl he hurt so badly. He wanted all of that to go away. He wanted to sleep it off. Stumbling to his car, he blindly threw open the door and stumbled inside. Dizziness overwhelming him, he found his keys and started the car. He covered his head, wincing, but shook it so it was clear enough to where he could drive. He moved his car forward and turned out of the restaurant, completely unware of the car that was turning in. CRASH! Sidney’s car slammed into the other car head first, throwing him backwards into the seat. Cursing under his breath, he felt his ribs hurting but not too much other damage. When he was clear enough, he leaned forward to see who was in the other car. He gasped and shook his head when he saw Elizabeth, slumped in the seat, eyes closed, head bleeding, and lots and lots of damage to her body.

Elizabeth couldn’t help the smile as she headed to her car. Never in a million years would she think she’d have someone like Goose as her boyfriend. It was clear how much he loved and cared about her. Never pushed her into doing things, never hurt her, held her when she cried, didn’t ask questions until she was calm, didn’t get mad when she woke him up in the middle of the night screaming from her nightmares. She called Goose the perfect boyfriend, even though he got embarrassed when she said it. She laughed a bit as she started her car. She remembered when Goose has asked her to move in with her, she had told him she wasn’t ready. Goose had smiled and told her it was completely fine; they would move in when she was ready. Elizabeth drove out of the parking lot still laughing at her boyfriend. She loved that Niklas approved of him despite being his teammate. “He knows you the best Izzy. He’s perfect for you”, she remembered him telling her. Smiling, she flipped on her turn signal and turned into the parking lot of the pizza place she was going to. Unfortionaly, she didn’t see the driver in front of her until it was too late. His car slammed into hers and everything when black.

Goose was pacing his living room floor when his cell phone rang. He frowned worried when he saw it was Niklas. “Kronner? What’s going on?”

“Izzy’s in the hospital badly hurt. She was in a car accident. She’s like really really badly hurt. Come now,” Niklas said, his voice shaking. World spinning around him, Goose hung up the phone. He felt sick to his stomach and raced into the bathroom, throwing up in the toilet. He felt dizzy and held his head as memories of Izzy came flooding back to him. Her smile. Her big blue eyes. The way she laughed. Her hugs, her kisses, her smell, the way she teased him. He didn’t know if he was ever going to see that again and that made him sad. Swallowing back the tears, he got into his car and drove to the hospital, his heart sinking with every mile he got closer.

Niklas was sitting in one of those hard back blue chairs in the waiting room, chewing on his lower lip nervously and wiping the tears from his eyes. The anger, pain, and sadness that rushed over him left him overwhelmed and falling to the floor. She couldn’t die-he needed her here. He needed her-the depressed, scared, alone, happy go lucky girl that she was. Why did it have to be her? The anger towards Crosby was growing-first he had taken the girl that he had once known away and now he was possibly making her leave him? He felt a hand on his back and looked up. Hank had been there with him when they had taken her and Crosby to the hospital so he knew how bad she looked. The pain in his eyes was what scared Niklas the most-not that he was scared of hank, but because he had the same pain showing in his eyes.

Goose was sitting in his seat, shocked and unable to move. His upset stomach hadn’t left him, but at least he wasn’t throwing up anymore. Sighing, he glanced up at Niklas as the Swedish defenseman moved beside him. “What happened Nicky,” he asked, using Elizabeth’s nickname for her older brother to calm him down a bit. Niklas shook his head.

“Crosby hit her car. He was drunk,” he said, but Goose had blocked him out. Crosby had done this to her. Of course he had. He had hurt her once, why the hell couldn’t he hurt her again? Goose stood up, drew back his fists and hit the wall hard with his hand, head swirling as he let out a long string of Swedish curses.

*“Jag hatar dig Sidney Crosby! Jag önskar att jag kunde döda dig just nu,” he yelled, tears streaming down his cheeks. Soft arms went around him and he heard the familiar calming voice of his sister, Angie.

“Gus, calm down please. You’re scaring me,” she whispered. Goose softened and turned into her hug and for the first time he noticed the tears pouring down her cheeks. His sickness returned, but he willed himself not to throw up. Not here. Not now.

“I’m sorry Angie. I’m just…..” He trailed off, not sure if he could make his sister understand. But Angie simply smiled and reached up to touch his cheek.

“I know how you feel big brother. But she’s a fighter, you know that. She’ll be okay,” she said, more reassuring herself than Goose. Her brother nodded and hugged her, trying not to collapse in her arms.

“All I want is her back. I don’t care what she is, how she feels, I just want my Izzy back,” he sobbed. Angie tightened her arms around her brother as he let loose a strangled sob. It killed her to see him so upset; but she hated the man who had caused this. He had taken that happy girl away, and now she could die because of him. The fact that he was injured in the hospital and could be going to jail was payment enough for now…….but it would never be enough for what he had turned Elizabeth into.
♠ ♠ ♠
* "Jag hatar dig Sidney Crosby! Jag önskar att jag kunde döda dig just nu." = i hate you sidney crosby! I wish I could kill you right now.