Status: ONGOING ( but have writers block)

Change

sju

Sidney was wincing a bit as his former best friend Evengi turned into the room where he was. He looked pissed, a look Sidney was becoming all too familiar with. Evengi went next to his bedside and glared down at him, his jaw clenched and his eyes narrowed.

“How could you Sid?! How could you get so drunk that you don’t notice the car in front of you and don’t try and turn huh? How could you hurt her again and have her boyfriend punching the wall out of anger because of you? I’m surprised at you Sid,” he snarled, using all his willpower not to punch his teammate in the face. Sidney was taken aback at his friend’s words, but he swallowed and tried to defend himself.

“It’s not like she didn’t see me coming either,” he whined, giving his friend a pout. Only a few short days ago would this have caused Evengi to laugh and tease him, but now all his friend did was shake his head.

“That’s not the point here Sid. I don’t care what she did or didn’t do, the mistake was on you! You were drunk driving, which is against the law first of all, and secondly, you caused an accident which could cause her to die. I hope you go to jail you jerk,” he snapped. Sidney’s eyes finally filled with tears and he whimpered a bit at his best friend’s tone. Why couldn’t he understand how he was feeling? He was hurt too.

“I’m hurt too Geno! And yet all you care about is that girl next store,” he said, raising his eyebrows. Evengi lost it at this point. It didn’t matter if it was pride or stupidity, Sidney wasn’t getting it. He didn’t understand that this girl was suffering all the time because of his actions.

“YOU ARE SO STUPID SIDNEY CROSBY! Swallow your damn pride for a minute and think about someone other than yourself. Twice now, your actions have caused her family and friends pain Sid! I heard from Pavel that she could spend all day locked up in her room not talking or eating, has nightmares, someone can’t mention your damn name without her sobbing or running from the room, and sometimes she tells her brother or her boyfriend that she isn’t good enough for them because she’s scared all the time. Guess who caused that Sid? You caused her to be like that. You RUINED her Sid! I’m glad you’re in the damn hospital suffering. I’d be surprised if you weren’t put in jail at this point. Goodbye Sidney, we are finished!” With that, Evengi stormed from the room, leaving a stunned, heartbroken Sidney Crosby behind him. He wasn’t sure what his family was going to think of him now. His little sister Taylor was already refusing to talk to him and called him a “rapist” every chance he could get. What would she say now that he tried killing an innocent girl? When Taylor came into the room, he could see how red her eyes were. If it was from crying or from anger, Sidney didn’t know. Taylor glared at her older brother, upset and angry.

“Big brother, if you go to jail, I will never visit you again! How could you destroy Izzy’s family for the second time huh? She is in a coma right now thanks to you! A COMA Sid! I shouldn’t even be calling you my big brother at this point. I should call you my former brother, because you are not the person I look up to anymore! No more Sid,” she said. Taylor wiped at her eyes, remembering all the phone calls between her and Elizabeth after her rape. She had become friends with her, despite being her rapist’s younger sister. Elizabeth had told her she held no grudges to Taylor or her parents, she just hated the man who had raped her. Taylor flashed back to the statement she and her parent had made on TV after the rape, telling their audience, “We are very angry, surprised, and upset at what Sidney has done.” Taylor didn’t think she could be angrier than she was right now. Her friend could be dead the next day, not that Sidney would care. “And”, she continued, “you’re lucky I said sorry to them.”

*a few minutes earlier*
Taylor walked into the hallway of the hospital, her stomach dropping when she saw Goose collapsing in his sister’s arms crying. Taylor wanted to collapse right now too, but she had to talk to Elizabeth’s brother. Swallowing, she found Niklas sitting not fifteen feet away from her, crying. She slowly walked towards him and when she was near enough, whispered in a fearful tone, “Nicky?” The defenseman’s head shot up, but he relaxed a bit when he saw who it was.

“Hey Tay. You alright,” he asked. Taylor shook her head, fear and pain showing in her eyes. Niklas knew why she was scared, but she didn’t have to be. The only one he wanted to scare was Sidney which he had already done. He reached for her hand and looked up at her. “Taylor, you don’t need to be scared around us. We don’t blame you or your parents for what happened to Izzy okay?” Taylor relaxed a bit and caught Niklas’s hand with a tight squeeze.

“I’m sorry for my brother. I…used to look up to him as a role model. But not anymore. I can’t look up to someone who’s going to treat people like that. I no longer consider him a brother,” she whispered. Niklas was shocked at the girl’s words, but he understood where they were coming from.

With a half smile on his face, he stood up and hugged Taylor, trying not to cry.
“You remind me of her,” he said. Taylor didn’t need to question the “her” Niklas was referring to. She knew he meant Elizabeth. With a slight laugh, Taylor pulled away.

“When I come back, we will have to figure out the ways that I remind you of her,” she said in a teasing tone. Niklas let out a short little laugh and Taylor turned from him, walking down the wall to her brother’s room. She sighed. This conservation wasn’t going to be fun.