Status: ONGOING ( but have writers block)

Change

nio

April smiled at her future son-in-law as he wrapped her in a tight hug. “Hi Goose honey. How are you,” she asked, running a hand through his thick redbrown hair. Goose blushed a bit at the touch, but smiled at her. She reminded him so much of his own mother. He remembered how much Niklas loved talking about her. He was a momma’s boy for sure.

“I’m fine Mrs. Kronwall. How about you,” he asked back. April laughed a bit: Goose was so polite to her. He must’ve learned that from Niklas; he was a very polite young man.

“I’m very tired and anxious to find out what happened to my daughter.” Goose understood the feeling: he wanted to know what was wrong with her as well. He was waiting very impatiently for the day they would find out if she was going to be okay.

Elizabeth gasped in surprise as her mom came in. She was not expecting that, but when she saw Goose behind her, she knew it was his idea.

“Gustav Nyquist you little sneaky bastard,” she said, giving him a playful glare as she hugged her mom tightly. Goose only laughed at her a bit and stuck his tongue out at her. This was the first time in a long time that his girlfriend had been this happy and he wasn’t about to ruin it for her. He did whatever he could to make her happy: she was the love of his life after all. He couldn’t help but think of the little box he had stuffed in the back of his closet at home. He was waiting so impatiently to propose to her. He was planning on doing it right when he got the ring, but he decided to wait. After all, they had only been dating a year and besides, he wasn’t about to rush her into anything.

“What are your injuries love,” April asked, raising her eyebrows. Elizabeth shook her head.

“I don’t know yet momma. I begged them to wait until you got here to tell me. I wanted you here with me when I found out.” April let out a sigh. Her daughter was a smart little thing that was for sure.

“Hey Izzy, I was wondering…” Niklas’s question was cut off when he saw April sitting on the edge of the bed. He had no idea that his mom was coming in this early. She had told him the night before she might be a few weeks later than she wanted, so how had she gotten here? “Momma, how did you get here?”

“By plane of course,” April teased, causing Niklas to whine.

“Momma! That’s not what I meant,” he complained, but he smiled just the same. He loved having his mom back no matter how badly she teased him.

“I knew what you meant honey. Goose brought me here.” Niklas’s jaw dropped in shock and he shot a glance over at his friend, who was standing in the doorway looking innocent.

“Goose you little sneak! Why didn’t you tell me?” Goose snickered and rolled his eyes.
“What, and ruin the surprise? No way,” he replied. Niklas reached over to give his younger teammate a smack in the head, but Goose was too quick for him. A soft whine escaped the older swede’s lips as Goose burst out laughing. “Oh come on Kronner! I….”

“Boys! Settle down over there. The doctor is coming in,” April whispered, causing the two to turn serious in an instant. Doctor Howard, Elizabeth’s regular doctor, came into the room with a bunch of papers in his hand. Niklas’s stomach turned sick, but he managed to hold it in as the young doctor walked up to his sister’s bedside.

“How are you feeling today Elizabeth,” he asked. The young girl shivered and bit his lip to keep the tears from falling.

“I’m just sore today. Nothing really bad hurting right now doctor. I just want to know what it wrong with me,” she replied, her voice trembling a bit. April gave her hand a tight squeeze and the two boys exchanged uneasy glances. Niklas was on the verge of throwing up, but he wasn’t leaving his sister’s side. Doctor Howard nodded and pulled out some papers from his pile.

“Elizabeth, I’m afraid I have some very bad news. Your vagina was so badly damaged, during the rape and your accident, that you will never be able to have children of your own.” Elizabeth’s world flipped upside down and she started to cry.

“No! no no no! You’re lying! You’re lying,” she screamed, fighting to get out of bed. April gently pinned her down to the bed, tears rolling down her cheeks. “That’s not true! I don’t need another dream of mine shattered! No you’re lying!”

Goose had never felt worse than this in his entire life. Her dream-THEIR dream-to have children of their own was gone? Would they never be able to hold their own baby in their arms? He felt sick and stumbled backwards. He would’ve fallen if Niklas hadn’t been there to catch him. The tears were rolling down his cheeks and he raced from the room, not knowing where he was going nor at this point did he care. He knew he was being selfish, but he needed a break. He was too overwhelmed to be much of a comfort to her at this point.

Niklas was frozen in shock. The last thing anyone wanted to hear was that Elizabeth could not have children. Besides playing hockey, her biggest dream was having children. “A child is precious, innocent and pure. There is nothing in world that I love more than children,” he remembered her saying. Now she couldn’t have any of her own? Why did this world have to be so cruel to her? Sucking in his breath, he knelt down beside her and took her hand.

“Izzy. Izzy shhhh sweetheart calm down okay? Everything is going to be okay,” he said as she gave his hand a squeeze. He knew deep down in his heart neither of them could believe it, but he was saying for his comfort and hers. “You’ve always wanted to adopt didn’t you?”

“Yes big brother I did. I can save children from abusive homes. But there is nothing worse than hearing someone say you cannot have your own children,” Elizabeth whispered.