Status: On Going

Zak and the Fan Fiction Writer

Chapter 11

Later, after getting some more facts from Emily, Billy & Aaron left, leaving Zak and his guest alone. Emily couldn't stand it that Zak didn't seem to recognize her from their past. She'd was about to break and tell him.

"I was thinking we'd stay in for dinner" Zak said.

"Sounds good" Emily answered.

Zak grinned and moved in closer to her; he slipped an arm around her and kissed her on the neck. Emily began moaning, and began to feel weak in the knees. Then just as suddenly as he began, he stopped. "I'll start dinner" Zak said, standing up, and then walking towards the kitchen.

"Well damn" Emily mumbled under her breath.

While Zak fixed them dinner, Emily used his tablet and read some Ghost Adventures Fan Fiction stories. When Zak called out that dinner was almost ready, she set the tablet down and went into the bathroom to wash up.

Zak walked out, to tell her dinner was served and saw his tablet was turned on. He picked it up to turn it off and saw it was on a fan fiction story about him....but this one wasn't wrote by Emily. He began reading and couldn't help but groan a little as he felt himself grow hard, and felt his heart tugging at the emotions contained in the story.

"Oh" Emily said slightly embarrassed. "Sorry, I should have asked if I could borrow your tablet."

"Its okay" Zak responded. "Who is this?" he wondered, gesturing to the story displayed on the tablet.

"Well, actually, the gal whose family is involved in the Plainfield case wrote that."

Zak's eyes widened. "She did?"

Emily nodded.

After eating, she and Zak were sitting on his sofa, together when Emily felt Zak slide his hand under her shirt. Zak moved in and began kissing her neck. Emily felt tears build up in her eyes. But she didn't know why, this was her fantasy, had been since High School, so why was she getting so upset....."Because he doesn't even recognize you" she said to herself.

"Zak, stop" Emily said. Zak ignored her and kept going. Emily gently pushed herself away from him.

"What's wrong?" Zak asked.

"You don't know me do you?" Emily asked.

"Course I do" Zak said.

Emily shook her head. "No you don't. You know me from when we met at the hotel. But you don't recognize me from anywhere else?"

Zak shook his head. "Should I?"

"Do the words mercy date mean anything to you?" Again, Zak shook his head. "Think back to High School."

Zak stared at her, eyes wide, trying to figure out what on earth she was talking about. Then suddenly a memory, one he'd tried hard to forget about came rushing back. A memory of the day some people in high school, who he thought were his friends, talked him into going out on a date with the one girl in school, that no boy wanted to date.

"Em?" Zak said, questioningly. Emily nodded her head. "Oh my God, Em, I can't believe I didn't recognize you." It was then Zak noticed she had tears in her eyes.

"You didn't recognize me, because you didn't bother to pay attention. Because you were thinking with your other head." Emily said.

Zak reached out to hold her, but she pulled away. "Em, I'm sorry I didn't recognize you. I really am. But High School was a long long time ago." He brushed a tear that had rolled down her cheek away with his thumb. "If it makes a difference, I never forgot our time together in High School, or at the hotel."

Emily smiled slightly. Zak took hold of her chin, and tilted her head up to look at him. "I've often thought about how different my life would be now if that test had been positive." Emily stared into Zak's eyes, remembering.....