Status: How love kills cancer.

24 Days

Chapter Three - Do I Wanna Know

After a while, Dice had to leave he said that he would come back tomorrow to see her again and it was getting pretty late too so I started packing my stuff to leave.
Alexa was reading when she spoke.
"You know Mallory"
"What?" I was gathering my stuff.
"I think Dice likes you" She put down the book on her lap.
"Really?" I turned to her. "I mean, So?" I shook my head and turned around.
"It's just the way that he was looking at you, I noticed him staring at you, And he did say you're beautiful" She smiled.
"I don't know. I don't think he likes me, I mean I'm not pretty, No one would stare at me unless there was something on my face" I rolled my eyes.
"Gosh! You're beautiful, You just don't understand"
"Okay. Can we change the subject now? I'm about to leave, Do you need anything for tomorrow?" I looked at her.
"No. And tomorrow you'll see, He does likes you" She nodded.
"Okay sweetie. Goodnight" I chuckled and kissed her.

I went home that night and went straight to bed, I was really tired and I didn't feel like having dinner.
I lay in bed trying to sleep but I couldn't I just couldn't, A million thought was bouncing in my head, I couldn't focus on relaxing, I've realised my mind had started collapsing which means that you're thinking about too many stuff that you drive yourself insane and you can't sleep or function anymore.
I got out my headphones and plugged them into my phone to listen to some music.
Music is a great pain killer when it comes to mind collapsing, It can really help sorting out your ideas and seperating you from your shitty reality.
I listened to the Arctic Monkeys Do I Wanna Know, See the thing is with music that is whenever you listen to this one song, This one person, Problem or memory sparkle in your mind.
For me the only person I thought of during the song was Dice and how perfect he seemed.
I fell asleep.

Day(2):

I walked to the hospital next morning, My mum had took her car earlier so I wasn't able to drive. I wanted to be there before Alexa wakes up.
I walked in to her room and I didn't see her there, Her mother wasn't there either, Her bed was empty, I quickly started freaking out, She couldn't have died, It's impossible.
I ran out of the room quickly with tears starting to fall on my cheeks, I ran to the administration desk trying not to start sobbing.
I saw the nurse who'd sometimes come to Alexa's room and stopped her.
"Alexa Lester" I breathed out "Where is she?!" I demanded.
"Somebody took her to the hospital's park, It was like half an hour ago" She looked at her hand watch.
"Okay" I sighed heavily.
She didn't die, Maybe It's just Dice, he took her out, I felt a huge relief and I walked out to the hospital's park.
I saw them from a distance and ran to them, Although I was sure she's still alive I just wanted to hold her in my arms.
"Hey!" I breathed, I was tired from all the running.
"Mallory!" Alexa hugged me.
"Hey" Dice smiled showing his adorable dimples.
"I was so worried about you!" I gashed.
"Why? What's wrong?"
"I just.." I sighed " I got in and I didn't see you there" I sat down next to Alexa's wheel chair.
"I'm sorry. Dice came and I was really bored, I'm so sorry"
"I'm sorry I had no idea it was going to freak you out like that" Dice pushed back his fringe.
"It's fine" I sighed.
"How are you today Alex?" I smiled at her.
"I'm good" She nodded.
We were silent for the next 10 minutes.
"Well" Dice stood up.
"What's the matter?" Alexa asked.
"You know" He placed his hands on his hips.
"What?" I glared at him.
"This hospital park is fucking depressing" He chuckled.
"Tell me about it" Alexa sighed.
"And I have an idea!" He grinned. "You're going to help me Mallory" He took my hand and lift me up.
"What? What are we going to do?" Alexa asked feeling excited.
"We are going to leave this place and go to a real park!" He exclaimed.
"Um, I'm not sure it's a good idea, Alexa is not allowed to leave" I hesitated.
"Killjoy" Dice laughed "It's not gonna harm her, She has her oxygen tank and everything" He smiled.
"Yeah! That's a great idea!" Alexa cheered.
"I don't think so. We can't risk anything" I folded my arms.
"Oh come on please!" Alexa pleaded.
"Take a risk Mallory" Dice winked at me.
I thought about it, I was pretty down for it but I was afraid that Alexa would get hurt, I knew I didn't have another choice but to say yes.
"Okay" I chuckled, They cheered
"For one hour only" I warned.
"It'll be fun, trust me" Dice squeezed my shoulder. Again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please subscribe if you liked it!