Status: How love kills cancer.

24 Days

Chapter Eight - What's Your Name?

"Hey can I ask you something?" I looked at him.
"Sure" He replied.
"What's your name?" I chuckled.
"Dice" He replied.
"No, Your real name"
"I'll tell you when the time is right" He smiled.
"What do you mean when the time is right? I need to know who I'm dealing with" I demanded.
"What do you mean by 'I need to know who I'm dealing with' ? Do you want to check for my criminal record or something?" He exclaimed.
"No" I laughed "Really, What's your name?" I asked sounding serious this time.
"My name is Dice, Dice Clifton" He replied.
"Clifton?" I repeated.
"Clifton" He nodded.
"Your real name is Mallory?" He asked.
"Yeah. But on my birth certificate I'm Mia"
"Mallory is perfect" He smiled.
"I really like this name, That's why I asked my mum to call me Mallory"
"How?" He asked.
"I'm adopted" I sighed.
"You are?" He calmly said.
"Yeah, But my mum is so nice"
"That's good. What happened to your biological parents?" He asked.
"They just didn't want me, My dad abused me and my mum died when I was born"
"That's sad" He rested his head on the sofa.
"Yeah" I looked down.
"I'm sorry I didn't know you went through all this and I just speculated that you're depressed" He faintly said.
"Oh I am depressed" I shrugged "But it's not because of the past, It's because of
.." He cut me off "Now and the future" He said.
"Exactly" I nodded.
"When was the last time you self harmed?" He asked.
"Last week, And you?" I replied.
"Been clean for almost a year now" He grinned.
"How did you manage to do that?"
"You just have to make an oath to yourself to not cut ever again, It has to matter, I mean If I cut again I'd be so ashamed of myself, If I can't keep a promise to myself then how can I keep a promise to anybody" He made a faint smile.
"That makes sense"
"Maybe one day, You'll try" He spoke.
"Maybe" I sighed.

After an hour or so, I left and Dice drove me home.
I decided to spend my time on the internet since it's summer and you can do whatever you want.
I logged in to Youtube and saw that Danisnotonfire and AmazingPhil have uploaded three new videos, I didn't have the time to watch anything lately since I'm spending the whole day at the hospital with Alexa.
I watched their videos, It was only a matter of time until the video ended and I had to go back to reality.
I remembered how Alexa and I used to fangirl over Dan and Phil everytime they uploaded a new video, I used to call her Mrs. Lester and she used to laugh and says that she doesn't know which one to marry because they're both hot.
Out of the blue, I got an idea to write to Dan and Phil, It would be my last gift to Alexa if they ever replied to me.
I looked at the computer screen and thought about what I should write, I placed my fingers on the keyboard and my fingers started typing.
'Hi Dan and Phil!
My name is Mallory Gold, I am 17 and I'm a big fan of you, I don't know if you'll ever read this email but if you are right now please keep on reading.
I've been friends with Alexa Lester (Who is my best friend, And yes that's her real last name) For almost 6 years, A year ago she was diagnosed with lung cancer and now she's struggling to see daylight every day, The doctors say she doesn't have much time, I'm only trying to gain time for her.
The reason that I'm writing this is because of Alexa and I are huge fans of you as I previously mentioned and It would be a great way to say goodbye to her if you recorded something for her, Or even came to the hospital she's staying at, Since we both live in London I suppose that won't be so hard for you.
I would really appreciate it if you did anything for Alexa, Anything to make her feel like she has more time than she think.
Thank you for reading.
Sincerely, Mallory Gold.'
I wasn't really sure that they would even see the email since they got so many fans and it will probably get lost in the crowd but it never hurts to try so I clicked Send.
I turned off my computer and went to bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
please subscribe if you liked it !!