Status: Up and being written! Also on wattpad

The Inconsistencies of Life as We Know It

"There certainly is something funny about being apart of something that's called a family. You expect acceptance, you expect to be wanted, you expect to gain a group of friends with whom you have something in common. You expect to be included. That's all you really wanted, to be included and accepted. Then it starts to dawn on you. You notice the "family" aspect doesn't apply to you. It's as if everyone else is the family and you're the creep standing outside the window watching them sit down to dinner. It kills you inside and you start to wonder. Wonder what you did, wonder why you're hated so much and where you went wrong. You start to feel inadequate, flawed even. The feelings start to invade your thoughts at the worst possible time. You begin to lose the passion for the common ground that initiated you into the so-called family in the first place. Your hopes of finally fitting in and having acceptance start to dissipate into nothingness. But then on a day you weren't even expecting, at a place you used as your last attempt of touching that bliss you once felt so long ago, he appears."

Life for Arcadia is a struggle to say the least. She's always excluded. She has a passion for singing and for music and one day, auditioned and made it into her school's elusive Chamber Choir. The choir was one made out to be a close knit family, especially due to the extra they spend practicing and performing together. Though she quickly learns she is not apart of that family. She is greeted by the rest of the choir by dirty looks. She awaits the start of class with her eyes downcast, not daring to attempt to associate with anyone for fear of further exclusion. The life of exclusion pushes her back into depression. She notices that the exclusion was always consistent in her life. But when she meets a fedora wearing boy music festival she attends on a whim, they surprisingly hit it of. Will she let him in and allow him to teach her the inconsistencies of life as she knows it?