Status: Active. Updated as much as possible

The American Spirit

She's the Tear in My Heart, I'm on Fire

June 21st, 2015

This was the day that Ryanne and Ashleigh were the most excited about. They had shows today and then tomorrow was a day off. And they were going to be on amazing fairgrounds. Which meant roller coasters and thrill rides. Just the thought of it made Ryanne grin like an idiot. And it was that exact look on her face that made Chelsea and Faye groan in horror at the thought of being forced upon more rides.

"Oh, my gods." Ashleigh breathed, staring up at some of the amazing rides on the fairgrounds. "I know I told CC I'd be at his show, but do you think he'd understand if I skipped it for this?"

Nick laughed, shaking his head and steering the two of them away from it. "Nope. You all have an interview for RockSound and then a meet and greet at two, before your set, then your set and then another interview for Ryanne and Chelsea."

All four girls groaned in unison. The meet and greet and of course their set didn't bother them, but the two interviews were murder. Especially for Ashleigh. Thankfully, most of the people that ask for interviews always want to talk to either Ryanne, Chelsea, or Faye. But, there were the occasions that they wanted to talk to all of the band. And those were the days that Ashleigh dreaded the most.

"So, that means I'm gonna miss his show anyways!" Ashleigh whined.

**

"Alright you guys! This is Melody from RockSound and we're here with new up and coming band The American Spirit. If you'll state your name and what you do in the band we can start up!" The chippy blonde reporter began, nodding at the camera.

Ashleigh smiled softly, as Faye waved in her face. "I'm Ashleigh, I play bass and mother to the girls sometimes."

Faye guffawed. "You and Ryanne both. I'm Faye and I play guitar."

Ryanne and Chelsea were barely focused, both bickering softly before Nick nudged Ryanne. She jumped nearly out of her skin and with a sheepish grin introduced herself as the singer. Chelsea giggled, but it soon turned into a yelp when Nick nudged her as well. She glared at her friend and manager, but conceded in telling the girl her name and that she played the drums for the band. He knows that the sisters hate interviews, probably more than Ashleigh and Faye. Because most of the focus is usually on the sister's relationship and things of that nature.

"So, this is your first year on Warped. How are you taking to everything?"

Chelsea grinned. "Everybody has been so awesome and welcoming. I'm a big fan of Ash Costello from New Year's Day and of course, the boys of Set It Off are such an amazing group. Ryanne and I were big fans of them since before Cody had even started the band. We had a subscription to his YouTube channel and every time he updated, she and I fought to see his new video."

Ryanne laughed. "Oh, my gods, yes. And I feel so awful because I haven't really stopped to talk with them. I've hung out with Faye and Ben Barlow of Neck Deep and the boys of BVB and even Braden of SayWeCanFly. But, those boys I have yet had a chance to hang out with them."

Melody grinned. "Speaking of! You and Faye had a very funny conversation apparently yesterday about those boys. Ben, Andy, and Braden? Is there something going on there? Faye?"

Faye's face lit up as bright as her hair. "Uh, we're all just becoming really good friends and it's been such a great experience these past three days. And I'm very excited for the rest of tour."

Chelsea brightened, looking past the interviewer at a new face. "Cody! Austin!" She jumped up and raced towards the two SIO boys they had just recently been talking about. "What are you guys doing here?"

Cody grinned mischievously. "We heard you had an interview and we decided to come crash it."

Ryanne rolled her eyes. Nick was definitely not going to like this. He had specifically said that this interview had to go smoothly. When he found out about this, he was going to be livid at all of them. And Ryanne did not have the patience to deal with that right now. She stood and moved over to Chelsea and the boys, very aware of the interviewers wide eyes on her.

"Guys, can we do this later?" She whispered, her brow furrowed in irritation. "Chelsea can come out and play later, but we're gonna finish all of this first."

Cody and Austin pouted, as did Chelsea, but when Ryanne shot them a look, they all conceded and hugged and went their separate ways. Ryanne smiled at Chelsea, rolling her eyes when her sister frowned goofily at her.

"Sorry."

**

"Oh, my gods." Ryanne shouted into her mike. "Look at this fucking beautiful crowd, you guys!"

Faye played a riff before coming in on her mike. "I know, dude! This crowd is probably more beautiful than the five singing guys in a car."

Chelsea banged a beat out on her drum, before bringing her microphone to her lips. "I can't see! But those men are pretty damn attractive. You know they're a band, right? I want to meet them."

Ryanne laughed and rolled her eyes. "You're a dork. Alright, let's get down!"

"To business!" Faye cried, grinning at her front woman. "Sorry. You knew it was coming though."

Ryanne shook her head and as soon as Chelsea built the beat up for their first song, she threw herself into it. She completely cleared her mind of everything but the lyrics she needed for each song. Music was the perfect outlet for all of her frustrations and stresses, but it was also her entire being. She had no idea what she would be doing if she weren't jumping around on a stage. And she was pretty sure her friends and sister had the same exact thought process.

She grinned brightly at the crowd as their set wound down. "Alright guys. One last song. And as always, it's a cover. Since we don't have a lot of songs out right now. But, that's gonna change after this tour. We're gonna be going into the studio in the fall. Y'all excited!"

The crowd roared and it made her grin brighter. Looking around, she felt her heart beat wildly in her chest. In the side stage, she spotted Andy looking at her with a wild grin on his face. It made her heart soar seeing him watching her set. And not even because he was her inspiration, but because he was her friend now. And getting to know him the past couple of days, she had an even bigger crush than when he was just some guy in a band that she thought was cute.

"Alright, and the cover song choice of the day is Set It Off's 'I Think It's Arrogance.' Sing along if you know the words!"

**

After all of breakdown and everyone was situated in their hotel rooms, the party started. Drinks flowed like rivers and the music was loud. Once all four girls were finished getting ready and they made it to where the party was, they all split ways. Immediately, Ryanne was searched out by Andy and she could feel her heart beat rise.

"You did awesome today." He complimented, tucking a strand of curled hair behind her ear. Her eyes stared up at him, wide with excitement. She looked gorgeous standing there, her hair a curly halo around her face. "You look great tonight, too."

She grinned and his heart nearly stopped. It reached her eyes and it made her more beautiful than any make up could ever match. She just had this personality that drew you in. Like a moth to a flame. She was the brightest flame, drawing him in to scorch him. And he would gladly take it. She seemed to be worth it.

"Hey, Andy?"

"Do you wanna go somewhere? Somewhere quieter?"

She smiled again. "I was just about to ask you the same thing."

He grabbed her hand and pulled her to the door, neither one realizing the two pairs of eyes following. One filled with hurt, the other with jealousy.

Who else was going to get burned?
♠ ♠ ♠
The shows

Party time

Hey guys! I know it's been a while. Things have been crazy on my end and I'm finally trying to settle down and get my head back in order. I just got a new job at a salon, which is my field, and I'm pretty stoked. So updates will come when I get the chance.

Thank you MyVenusDoom for all your awesome support, you've been amazing. Check out her Savior story. She's fantastic.

Thank you MyVenusDoom and Desert RockandRoller for recommending my story. You guys are awesome.