Status: Active. Updated as much as possible

The American Spirit

Give Me Back My Oxygen Mask

Image


April 7th, 2015

Ryanne was actually enjoying herself, getting to know all the other bands that were going to be on tour. She had gotten to meet Andy Biersack and Ashley Purdy of Black Veil Brides, some of her biggest influences in her music. And of course, there was Braden Barrie of SayWeCanFly who was the first person to come up to her and start a conversation. He seemed sweet enough, albeit a tad bit shy. It was odd to talk to someone who was as shy as Ashleigh.

"So, are you excited for your first tour?" Ben Barlow of Neck Deep asked, sipping on his beer.

Ryanne nearly fell out, not only from his accent, but for the simple fact that one of her favorite artists was speaking to her. If you were to be watching from an outsider's perspective, you would feel embarrassed for the small girl as she gaped and stuttered, unsure how to answer.

Ben laughed, clapping his hand on her shoulder. "It's fine, love. I'm human just like you."

She giggled nervously, nodding in agreement. "I-I'm sorry. This whole thing has been such a crazy fucking experience. I'm pretty fucking stoked to be going on tour, especially with some of my best friends and some of our biggest influences."

He nodded, laughing softly at her use of curse words. She was such a tiny little thing and seemed so awkward, which made it odd to hear profanities come from her. But, it was refreshing.

"Holy shit, Ry!" Chelsea squealed, running up to her sister. Her five seven frame was slightly comical, seeing as though she were the younger sister. "Holy fucking shit!"

Ryanne began laughing hysterically, watching the look on the older man's face as her sister cursed ferociously. It was pretty hilarious seeing a girl who was pretty much Barbie in the way that she dressed, and acted most of the time, cursing like a sailor. She looked over at her sister, who had the goofiest grin on her face.

"Dude, this is the best fucking day of my life." Chelsea gushed. She then noticed the man that Ryanne had been talking to. "Holy shit. You're from Neck Deep. Holy shit."

Ryanne's laughter grew louder, attracting the attention of some of the other band members in the room. She just couldn't contain the joy she felt watching her sister fawn over the man before her, all while continuously repeating 'holy shit' with a giant grin on her face.

Slowly but surely, the rest of her band made their way over to them to see what had their lead singer laughing so hard. Of course, when they realized that it was because of their Barbie look alike drummer was gaping pretty hard at the lead singer of one of their favorite bands. Ashleigh and Faye soon began giggling along with their singer, until all three of them were laughing like maniacs unable to control themselves.

"Oh-oh gods." Ryanne choked, trying desperately to regain her composure. She was realizing that they were making slight fools of themselves. "Okay, Let-let's try and calm down you guys. We're scaring the locals."

Ashleigh immediately sobered up, uncomfortably shifting closer to Faye. She realized that a lot of focus was on her and her band as they acted like fools. All of the attention began making her a tad uncomfortable, shifting slightly more behind Faye. Faye grinned back at her, absolutely loving the attention.

Braden watched as the four girls, all completely different personalities, laughed and joked with the rest of the cast of this entertaining tour. They all seemed to exude this aura of personality that drew people to them. Ashleigh, though she seemed as shy as him, had a smile and a laugh that seemed to just reek of joy. Faye, who seemed to have the same amount of hyperactivity as a cheetah on speed, seemed very motherly towards the girls, Ashleigh in particular. Ryanne and Chelsea, both seemed very opposite from the other, but you could see just how close they actually were.

"Alright! Alright, you guys. Nothing to see here. Just go on about your business." Ryanne giggled, pulling Ashleigh towards her. "Just a couple of normal girls here."

Ash Costello of New Year's Day grinned, sidling up next to the girls. "This is going to be such a fun tour."

"Oh, most definitely! Twelve girls against all these dudes? We have to rally together!" Juliet cried, grinning wildly around the room. She giggled when Andy pouted at her. "Yes, that means you too."

The rest of the party was spent with all of the girls cackling and pointing out the guys, making them think they were talking shit about them. Any time one of the guys would wander over to their little corner of the ballroom, they'd grow quiet, giggling ever so slightly. At the end of the night, all four girls of The American Spirit had numbers from the girls on tour, and even a few of the guys.

"I'm so excited for tour now!" Ashleigh whispered as they made their way to the hotel room they would be staying in another night before going home.

The other three nodded, exhaustion taking over their bodies as they drug themselves into the room. As excited as they were, all of the overwhelming things that had happened today had them falling into bed as soon as they could.

This summer was sure to be even more exhausting.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is really shitty and I apologize. I'm in a really fucked up situation right now.

Thanks MyVenusDoom for making such a badass banner.