‹ Prequel: You Never Know
Status: Word in Progress - Will try to update once to twice a week

Flying High

14. The Falls

14. The Falls

(Max’s POV)

The rest of our trip went without a hitch. Breeze showed me around Nashville, highlighting some of her favorite spots. We even spent some time with her friends and slowly all three women warm up to me. I try to be understanding; these girls were like sisters growing up and that was something I could relate too.

I had been talking with Tommy when Breeze came and stole me away. She had her coat on and handed mine to me’ I took the hint and put it on then pulled my shoes on and followed her outside.

She pulled me in for a quick kiss, “So it’s our last day and I have one more place I want to show you.”
“And where is that?” I question.

Her eyes dance in the soft light, “You’ll see.”

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

(Breeze’s POV)

I pull Max down the familiar path. It was over grown from the summers of neglect, but I had traveled the trail so often that I could find my way in my sleep.

The trail was on a downward slope that twisted and turned often. We climbed up the ravine to where the path evened out. I came to a stop near a shear sided cliff; Max gave me a quizzical look before I stepped around a large boulder and into a small crevice.

“Breeze?” Max called out as he looked into the darkened space; I could still see him standing in light.
I poked my head out of the dark space, “Are you coming?”

Max shook his head, takes my offered hand, and followed. I lead him through the dark, the only sound is our feet on the hardened stone. Soon I see daylight again and I hear Max release a breath he had been holding. Stepping out, he quickly inhales.

We emerged on a private beach at the base of a large water fall. Snow and slush cover the sand as the flowing water breaks against the smooth surface. Four, shear walls surround us; leaving us in our own world.

“Welcome to the Falls,” I say quietly.
Max looks down at me, “This is your second favorite place in the world, right?”

“Yeah, it is.”

Max leans down and captures my lips in a sweet kiss. My hands tangle in his hair. I feel him laugh before I hear it and he pulls away, causing me to pout.

“Thank you for bringing me. It’s a beautiful place.”
I give Max a smile, “You should see it in the summer.”

Max smirks, “I hope too.”
My smile grows as my cheeks heat up, “Let’s get back.”

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

(Breeze’s POV Dec 27)

All too soon, Max and I have to say goodbye to my family and head back to Philly. The city is still dressed from Christmas but the hustle of everyday life has taken the charm from the trimmings.
Max had a practice to attend and I have to take photos for the website. I set up behind the glass but close to the bench. I can see Steve being warmed up by Jakub; Wayne and Max are goofing at the opposite end of the rink.

A puck hit the glass, jarring me from my daze. I looked up and saw Claude cackling with laughter. I give him a glare and turn my attention back to my camera.

“Bonjour jolie; did I startle you?” Claude’s voice called passed the glass.
I give him a warm smile despite myself, “Hello Claude. How was your break?”

I move to the bench so the two of us could chat without needing to yell.

“Great, Cass and I stayed here with most of the guys. How was your trip?” Claude gives me a knowing look.

“It was good; mom and dad both seem to really like Max,” I blush; Claude gives me his signature missing tooth smile.

“Well that is good, no?”

Coach blows the whistle so I don’t get to answer him. I focus on taking photos – the guys work hard, running through drills and plays. A few of the guys give me funny faces that I capture but they are quick moments – no one wants to get caught slacking by coach.

The practice run a little over an hour but I retreat to my office to download the new files. I do a light edit of some of the quirkier shots and upload them to the Flyer website.
I hear a knock on the door and look up. Max and Steve grin back at me.

“Hey guys. Good practice,” I say, leaning back in my chair.
Steve sits on the small couch I had moved in, “Thanks Breeze. Glad you stuck around long enough to see my amazing moves.”

Max scoffs, “The only amazing move you have, is to move from the couch to the fridge.”
“And yet you still didn’t make it past me,” Steve chirps.

“So who lost the shootout?” I question.
Steve laughs, “Your boy here.”

I look at Max and see that he’s turned a shade of pink, “And what do you have to do?”
Steve laughs harder, “Oh, you’ll see.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm still looking for suggestions for the All Star Chapter if Anyone would like to offer a suggestion.

Here's What I'm Looking for:
1. Place (Arena) for Contest
2. Captain's of teams
3. Player's for teams - Forwards, D-Men, Goalies

if you would like a specific pairing please let me know: Such as Crosby/Toews vs. Malkin/Kane

As always all comments and suggestions are welcomed!
I love hearing from you guys so let me know what you think!