‹ Prequel: You Never Know
Status: Word in Progress - Will try to update once to twice a week

Flying High

15. MSG

15. MSG

(Breeze’s POV)

We have to fly to New York on the 28th for the Rangers and Islanders. The guys were excited to be spending New Years’ in the Big Apple; most of the wives and girlfriends will be traveling up for the two games.

Cass and I spent the previous afternoon shopping after practice ended; we needed those perfect outfits for the night.

We found our dresses at a little boutique in down town Philly – Cassidy’s dress was an emerald green wrap that hugged every curve and accented her stunning eyes; Claude was going to lose his mind.

I found a navy bluer chiffon dress that was a single shoulder and long sleeved. It wasn’t nearly as form fitting as Cassidy’s but when I tried the dress on, I knew it was the one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Early the next morning, Max and I drove to the airport to meet the team. Max and I were one of the first to arrive; Max grabbed both bags, sending me into the warmth of the plane. I grabbed my normal seat and set up for the short flight. Jakub sank down next to me and gave me a conspiracy look.

“Max will sit with Steve today,” Jakub stated.
I raise my eyebrow at Czech, “Why is that?”
Jake gives me a lopsided grin, “He hogs you too much. He needs to learn to share.”
I giggle, “Steve will miss you though.”
“He will understand,” Jakub says with a shrug, “And if we win both games; we will have to make this a permanent thing.”

I can see Max making his way to the back but Claude is in front of him, effectively blocking his view. Claude sees the two of us sitting together and silently laughs. Max reaches us and Claude sits three sections in front of me.

Max looks us, slightly perplexed, “What is this?”
Jakub smiles, “I want to sit with Breeze. We haven’t seen her since before your trip.”

Max gives the Czech an amused look, “Okay, but I want her back when we get to New York,” he goes to move back next to Claude before turning back, “And she better be in the same exact condition – Same Exact.”

Jake and I watch Max sit down before bursting into a fit of laughter.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

(Max’s POV)

When the plane lands we are shuffled onto the waiting bus. Breeze and Jake are the last two to board and grab seats near the front – the guys are chirping me about her choosing to sit next to the red head but I laugh it off.

We aren’t allowed much time once we get to the hotel before we are moved back onto the bus for a short practice at MSG. Breeze goes with us of course and I can see her snapping pictures. After practice we all wash up and head out.

The bus drops us off and I look around for my girlfriend. I spot Jakub and Wayne and walk over to the pair.

“Jake! Where is Breeze?” I ask the redheaded man.
He pauses before answering, “Umm….I thought she was here?” his statement comes out more as a question.

“She sat with you, yes?” I question; worry starts to creep into the pit of my stomach.
“No. I thought she had moved to sit next to you,” Jakub says.

Steve walks over and joins the conversation, “What’s going on?”
“Jake lost Max’s girlfriend,” Wayne answers.

Steve looks alarmed, “Was she not on the bus?”
“She did not sit with me,” Jakub answered.

By now I’m pissed, “Dude you had One job!” I yell at the Czech as I pulled out my phone to call Breeze. I tried three of four times but it kept going to voice mail.

“She isn’t answering!” I exclaim as I try to dial again; I’m closing in on panic.

Wayne steps next to me, “Calm down dude. Breeze is a big girl. You know she can take care of herself.”

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

(Breeze’s POV)

I had decided to take a look around MSG while the guys got cleaned up. I figured I had plenty of time and wanted to see one of the most iconic arena’s in sports history. What I didn’t expect, was getting lost.

I rounded a corner and walked by the same beam for the fifth time. My phone had died during practice; not that I would be getting service down here anyway.

I was about to try a different corridor when laughter reaches my ears. I set off at a fast pace; hoping to find the owners.

I was nearly sprinting when I ran into a solid body. Strong hands fly out to steady me as I bounce off.

“Are you okay?” a deep voice asks.
I look up, way up, to meet the hazel eyes of the voice’s owner, “Yeah,” I say and step back, “But I’m a bit lost.”

The dark haired friend let out a chuckled, “I’ll say. The general public isn’t allowed in this part of the complex.”

I look at the two men, “I work for the Flyer’s; they had practice this morning.”
Hazel eyes glanced at his friend, “The Flyer’s left about ten minutes ago.”
I groan, “Great.”

Tall, dark, and handsome spoke, “I’m Henrik and this is Marc. How about we show you the way out and hail a cab for you?”

“That would be amazing,” I say, “I’m Breeze by the way.”

The three of us turn to leave when a trainer runs up and pulls Henrik away. He apologizes before disappearing; leaving Marc to show me the door.

“So what do you do for the Flyer’s?” Marc asks as we walk down a hall.
“I’m a photographer and I run the Instagram and the online interviews for the website,” I say, listing off my responsibilities, “What do you do?”

Marc looks at me like I’ve hit my head, “I play for the Rangers; Defense. And Henrik is our goalie.”
I feel myself blush, “Sorry; I don’t know much about hockey; but I’m learning.”

Marc lets out a chuckle, “It’s okay, really. As long as the guys on your team are teaching you now; just keep an open mind about teams if you decide to become a fan.”

“And who should I cheer for?” I question.

A mischievous look enters Marc’s eyes, “Well, the Carolina is having a good year; and Pittsburgh is a tough team to beat; your Flyer’s are hard to play in Philly; but the Ranger’s are the obvious choice – since you’re asking.”

I let out a laugh, “And that’s completely unbiased right?”
Marc smiled, “Of course.”

By now we had reached the sidewalk outside. Marc raised his arm, stopping a cab, and gave the driver the hotel name and money for the ride. He then opened the door and stepped aside.

“Well, it was nice to meet you Breeze; Maybe we’ll run into each other again,” Marc’s eyes were dancing in the afternoon light.

“Thank you for showing me the way out of the Maze; and if history proves anything, I’m sure to get lost again,” I say with a smile.

“Then I look forward to assisting you, again,” Marc says. He kisses my hand before closing the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Cab dropped me at the front of the hotel and I stepped out; not expecting the reception waiting inside for me.

Cass reaches me first, “Where have you been? We’ve been so worried! No one could reach you!”
I give the distraught girl a hug, “I was at Madison Square Garden; I got lost and my phone was dead.”

Max pulls me from the redhead, “Are you okay, mon belle?”

I melt into the comforting touch, “I’m fine I promise. I met two Ranger’s and they helped me out.”
Max’s deep voice meet my ears, “Who were they?”

“Henrik and Marc; I didn’t get last names but one was a goalie and one a defenseman,” I say with a shrug.

“Henrik Lundqvist and Marc Staal?” Steve offers giving me a one sided hug; Max hadn’t let go of me yet.

“One looked like a model and the other was redheaded; kind of had a farm boy air,” I state.
“Oh that was Lundqvist and Staal for sure,” Cassidy pipes up.

The Claude made a rude noise and pulled Cass to his side as the guys laughed; Wayne lets out a yawn.

“You guys need to go nap; you have a game tonight,” I say; trying to shoo them away.
Max pulls me along beside him, “Nap with me?”
I look up into Max’s dark blue irises, “Lead the way.”
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

(Max’s POV)

The game was over and we had lost. I hadn’t been able to thank Hank or Marc for helping Breeze and now I wasn’t interested.

I was heading to the bus when I heard a distinct laugh; rounding a corner I could see Breeze standing with Marc. Jealousy reared its head as I walked toward the pair. They both looked up when I approached.

“Hell of a game, man,” Marc offered his hand.

I returned the gesture before wrapping my arm around Breeze’s middle, Marc watched the move and smirked, “We’ll get the next one.”

“I’m sure,” Marc said; he turned to Breeze, “Hank said he would like to see some of your work; he just bought a print from Nicole and would love to see your portfolio when we come to Philadelphia.”

Breeze smiles at the taller man, “That you be great,” she digs out a card from her camera bag, “Here’s my card. That’s my work number and cell; just call me when you guys are in town.”

Marc takes the card and pockets it, “We certainly will; it was good seeing you again,” Marc steps forward, offering a hug that Breeze steps into.

Rage floods through me and all I want to do is hit that smirk off of the Ranger’s face.

“See you two later,” Marc calls before walking away.

I stalk off in the opposite direction, Breeze rushing to keep up.

“Max…..Max slow down,” Breeze calls.

I turn down a deserted hall and turn abruptly; Breeze collides with my chest, I steady her but back away when she has her footing.

“Max what’s wrong?” Breeze is clearly perplexed by my sudden iciness.
“Are you serious right now?” I ask, anger seethes into my voice.

Breeze looks at me, “Yeah, I mean, I know you guys just lost, but it was a good game and….”
I cut her off, “This isn’t about the game!”

“Then what?”
“Do you like him?” I question.
“Who?”

“Don’t play stupid, Breeze. Do you like Marc?”
“What? No! I just met the guy,” Breeze defends.

“Could have surprised me; you seemed awfully chummy for two complete strangers,” I know I’m not being fair; but I’m too angry to care at the moment.

“He’s a nice guy that helped me out, Max. Remember? I got lost after your practice this morning.”
“So that’s my fault?”

“No Max….”

“Save it Nic!” Time stops.

Tears prick Breeze’s eyes, “My name is Breeze.”

She pushes past me before I can apologize. I don’t know what or how that happened but I know I’ve just made a huge mistake.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh No!!!!! Max has messed up again! Can he fix this?

All Star Chapter is still coming guys! I'm writing as often as i can but classes have started back so i apologize for the delays.

I hope you guys are still enjoying the Story!

As always all comments and suggestions are welcomed!

Let me know what you guys think!