Second Heartbeat

Fault

And like every good moment it has an ending right? It's been a week since the kiss but lets recap shall we?

Later Jamie walked in and interrupted our kiss. After that I just realized that that kiss didn't mean as much to Zacky as I thought it would. I guess you could say I was rebound, but I couldn't really blame Zacky for that. He was crushed and I guess he needed comfort?

It was just a fluke. And it hurt me so much, but I didn't show it. I was suppose to be there for him and not only that but I also had to make the best for the rest of our birthday. But after that day, Zacky avoided me more then he did when he was dating Joanne. I couldn’t help but wonder, was this all my fault?

"Hey Izzy, can you not zone out on me for like a minute? This project will not do itself," Megan muttered as she threw a pencil at me.

"Sorry," I sighed playing with the thrown pencil between my fingers.

"So uh, how about them cowboys?" Megan muttered.

"I don't watch football." I wasn't even paying attention to what I was even saying. All I could think of was…Zacky. Damn that stupid boy!

"And I lost her…" Megan sighed as she got up from the kitchen table. Which I might add, was covered in markers, paper, and pencils for our school project.

"I'm getting something to drink." I watched her as she walked over to the fridge and picked up a carton of orange juice.

"Hey Izzy!" Mom called as she entered the kitchen. "phone for you."

She handed me the phone and then left the room.

"Hello?" I muttered into the phone.

"Hey Izzy, um is Megan there?"

It was Brian and I already knew what he was up to. And I was happy he finally had the courage to go up and ask Megan to the dance…even if it did take him all this time to finally realize that she liked him.

"Yeah, here you go," I said as I passed the phone to Megan.

As I gave her the phone she gave me a questioning look about who it was and I mouthed "Brian." She gave a silent oh, and began talking on the phone. I took this moment to leave the kitchen, it probably be better if I wasn't there.

I walked over to the living room and sat my self unto the couch next to Phil who was watching the history channel. They were talking about some war…I don't know. I think it was War World two. It took all my power not to zone out….but oops, there it went.

My mind quickly went to everything in my life. The baby, the fact that maybe now my two best friends will be dating, and of course Zacky. I tried my best to realize that in Zacky's eyes, I will be nothing more then a best friend. Who happens to be carrying his baby.

Why must life be so cruel?

"Isabella Kile!" Johnny yelled as he and Jimmy busted into the door. I could see that Jimmy was texting something in his phone.

"Don't your friends ever knock?' Phil muttered obviously irritated.

"That’s like asking this baby to come out tomorrow," I muttered.

"Whatever I'm watching TV in my room," Phil muttered as he turned off the TV and walked off.

"What do you want?" I asked as my eyes darted to the two boys.

"Why the hell didn't you tell us that Zacky was actually the father?" Johnny practically yelled.

"Zacky's the father?" My mom said as she walked into the room.

"Yes! Now who told you, Johnny?" I asked.

"Matt."

"How the hell did he find out?"

"Isabella language!" Mom exclaimed. I muttered a sorry and she just nodded her head and walked out of the room. Obviously going to tell Phil about the new acclaimed news.

"Jamie told him and Megan told Jamie," Jimmy explained.

"Izzy why would lie to us like that?" Johnny muttered I could hear the disappointment in his voice. I sighed and began explaining. I told them how the only reason that Brian took the beef for being the dad was because Zacky was going out with Joanne and we didn't want to ruin the relationship. And how the only reason we didn't tell anybody else was because they all had big mouths.

"Hey we do not have big mouths," Jimmy exclaimed. "I still haven't told about the time Johnny puked all over your new stiletto boots on your sixteenth birthday…oops."

Johnny looked over at Jimmy with an awful glare, I had the same stare but it was directed at Johnny.

"Well it doesn't matter okay?" Megan said with the biggest smile.

"I'm guessing Haner finally asked her to the dance?" Johnny said. I nodded in response.

"Yeah he did, but I said no." Megan said as she plopped herself next to me on the couch.

"Okay I know I may be slow on some of the stuff girls do but, why did you do that?" Jimmy asked in totally awestruck.

"If he really wants me to go he'll ask me face to face like a real man and not through the phone like we're in middle school." She said as she crossed her arms.

"In other words you choked and freaked so you hung up the phone," I sighed rolling my eyes.

"Maybe…" Megan muttered as she bit her lips. "But at least I know he does like me."

I didn't say anything but shook my head, I could still see a smile plaster on her face. But I still couldn't feel a pang of jealously. I knew that even if she was nervous and scared those two would still end up together. I think everyone's always known that…

"So Izzy, how's everything with you and Zacky?" Megan asked.

"Awful…." I sighed. "We haven't talked since our birthday.."

"Yeah, Brian's said he's been pretty down. He won't talk to anyone." Johnny sighed.

"Is he really that hurt?" Megan asked and Jimmy nodded in reply.

"You'd think after a week he'd be over it," I murmured.

"Well what are you gonna do?" Jimmy shrugged.

"I'm gonna go find him," I said as I stood up from the couch.

"Sure you want to do that, Izzy?" Megan asked.

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure," I muttered as I got my coat and walked out the door.

I didn't know where I was going or where how in the world I was gonna get there but I figured it didn't really matter. I always had a knack for finding Zacky, it's always been that way. The same way that I've always left my friends at my own house (for all you people wondering).

But it only took me one block for me to realize that I couldn't stand walking any loner. Luckily though there was a Starbucks near by so I decided to go inside. I instantly went to the counter and ordered a brownie and a cappuccino. My favorite treat. Once I was done paying I turned around and looked for a place to sit and I instantly found a boy with dark hair and a Motley Crue shirt.

Zacky.

I quickly went over to the booth he was in and sat myself across from him. He didn't even seem to look up from the magazine he was reading. And from what I could see, he was reading Rolling Stones.

"Hey Zach," I muttered quietly. I don't know why, but it seemed like I had to slowly break him out of the world he already seemed to be stuck in. He looked horrible if you asked me. His hair was not combed, his clothes were wrinkly from obviously being over worn. But I was relieved once he looked up at me.

"Hey Izzy," He whispered.

"What's been up with you for the past few days?" I said as I took a sip of my cappuccino.

"Nothing,"

"Come on Zacky, you know you can tell me anything. We've been friends since kindergarten."

"I said it nothing." This time he said it a little louder.

"Zacky…"

"Look Izzy, I said I don't want to talk about it!" He said in an outburst which totally scared me.

"Well you obviously don't want to but, dude, you obviously need to."

He looked at me obviously aggravated out of his brain. He didn't like the fact that I was being stubborn as much as he was. But if he knew anything, I wouldn't rest until I got an answer.

"You really want to know? Do you really want to know what the hell is wrong with me?" he said his body jerking up a little.

"Yeah it would be nice to know what the hell is going on with you." I said as I felt my voice rise along with his. I don't know but I could tell this was going to end well. Because first of all he was being an ass.

"Well lets see, first of all you are pregnant with my child and it seems like now that everyone knows no fucking girl wants to even be with me."

"What? And that’s my fault?" I yelled at him as I jerked up from the table and I began hovering over him.

"Um excuse me-" It was obviously the manager but I was way to bitchy to pay mind to him. I don't know if it was the hormones or not but I couldn’t control it.

"Hold on for a minute," I said as I placed my index finger in front of the manager's face, but still keeping my eyes placed on Zacky.

"Everything was fine until you came along and decided it would be a fine idea to display your garden for me to plant on!" Zacky yelled as he stood up.

"Yeah and that's totally my fault because I'm the one who laid the first move," I said sarcastically rolling my eyes.

"Well maybe if you didn't make me drink those beers!"

"Well maybe if you weren't such and idiot to actually listen to me!"

"Hey!" the manager finally yelled. "I'm going to have to ask you guys to leave or I can make you."

"Its fine sir, I'm done hear anyways," Zacky whispered as his eyes pierced through mine. He gathered his stuff and began walking out, but not before saying the most horrible thing I've ever heard.

"Izzy, don't talk to me anymore." And with that he left.

I stood there shocked and in awe. It took me a minute to register that my best friend finally didn't want anything to do with me. And all I could think of was…

Its all my fault…
♠ ♠ ♠
yeah...dramatic isn't it?

haha hope you guys like :]

haha this is the longest chapter I've written so far.