Second Heartbeat

The Alien Baby

"Hey Izzy, we're all waiting downstairs for you lets go!" Matt said as he walked into my room.

I gave him a halfhearted smile and gave him a quick nod.

"Yeah okay, I'll be there in there in a minute," I muttered.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He said as he walked over to me.

I guess he saw my dishearten face.

"Nothing," I sighed. "come on lets just go."

I began to make my way out the door but Matt stopped me.

"Come on, Izzy, tell me what's wrong."

"Nothing." I shook my head.

He arched an eyebrow and his facial expression told me he obviously wasn't buying what I was telling him.

"I think I've known you longer then that to know your lying, Izzy. Just tell me what's wrong," He sighed in frustration.

"I don't know, I guess I'm just nervous," I muttered biting my lip slightly.

"Of what?" he asked.

"Well, what if they find out during the ultrasound that something is wrong with the baby?"

I looked up at Matt and saw his face break out into a small grin. It loosely hung at the edge of his lips, somehow it calmed me down to know that Matt didn't think it was a big deal but it also frustrated me.

"Is that all?" He said crossing his arms.

I nodded in response and he just rolled his eyes and walked closer to me.

"Izzy, nothing will be wrong with the baby, okay? It's going to be strong and healthy and it's going to be beautiful. Now stop worrying and lets go."

I looked up at him and smiled. He smiled in return and pulled me in a hug.

"I promise everything is going to be fine today in the ultrasound, the only thing you need to worry about is making sure you actually go the hospital on time."

"Thanks Matt," I said as I tightened the hug and that’s when we heard a loud gasp.

We quickly separated and saw Jamie in the doorway her eyes widened.

"Matt," she gasped. "I turn my back for one second and you just go and steal my woman!"

I began to laugh, not only because of what Jamie said but also because Matt was beginning to think he actually did something horrible.

"Hey Jamie," I said as I hugged her.

"Come on guys, everyone is waiting." Jamie said as she pulled away. I nodded and followed her and Matt downstairs to the front door where everyone was waiting.

"Okay guys lets get this show on the road," Phil said as we began to head outside to his car.

I jumped a little as I felt someone grip on my hand. I turned and saw it was Zacky which made my face glow with a smile. Me and Zacky weren't together but we are friends now, and I think we've actually been closer then we've ever been. Which I wasn't complaining and I don't think he was either.

"Nervous?" He asked. I just nodded and he gave a reassuring smile in return.

"Yeah me too," He admitted. "but I'll be fine."

He gave me a reassuring smile and tightened the grip on my hand and then released it as he entered Phil's van. As we all piled into the car I noticed a few people missing…

"Hey where's Megan, Brian, and Johnny?" I asked.

"Megan and Brian off having sex," Jamie giggled.

"So what about Johnny?" Matt asked.

"He's filming it!" Jimmy exclaimed.

We all laughed but I could see through the rearview mirror that both my parents were giving us disapproving looks. I could really careless, besides I love our little group of misfits, we didn't really belong anywhere else but with who we were already with.

After a few more minutes of mindless babble and sometimes Jimmy's silly outbursts, we finally made it to the hospital. All the while I could see Zacky acting nervously, I didn't think the ultrasound would get him this anxious.

"Wow, I guess this ultrasound is really getting to Zacky, huh?" I whispered over to Jamie.

"Oh it's not because the ultrasound," She answered mindlessly.

"What?"

"oops," she muttered.

Before I could say anything else she got out of the car. Once we got in the hospital they instantly put us in the waiting room waiting for I don't know how long. Zacky was sitting next to me and his anxiety didn't seem to fade , it only got worse. I could tell a few time he'd open his mouth to say something but it would quickly close with second thoughts. And Jamie wouldn't say much of what was bothering him either.

"Miss Kile, we'll see you now." The nurse said.

I stood up and braced myself to see the little being that has cause me so much trouble for the past few months.

"Dude, is that what it looks like?" I gasped as I looked up at the black and white monitor.

"Yes, and here you can see the head and the hands," the doctor replied.

"Dude, that's so rad. It's like an alien forming inside of Izzy. You know like the human host, pretty sick," Jimmy said as he gawked at the screen.

"I think it's beautiful," Mom sniffled as she dabbed at the corner of each eye with Phil comforting her with a supporting arm wrapped around her shoulders.

"Mom, your not actually crying are you," I said as I arched an eyebrow.

"You can't blame her!" Jamie sniffled as she blew on a tissue. "It's so beautiful."

I giggled at both of their behavior and returned my eyes to the monitor.

"Congratulations Miss Kile, your now a proud parent of a healthy baby girl," The doctor informed with a smile.

"A girl?" I murmured astonished.

I was having a girl? There' was a baby girl in my stomach? An actual living breathing girl?

No matter how many times I said it, it still amazed me. On the look on Zacky's face told me he thought the same thing. It made me giggle.

"What?" He muttered.

"Your face," I said.

He arched an eyebrow as though he couldn't comprehend what I just said.

"What about my face?" he asked.

"It's cute," I said softly while grinning.

He turned away but I could tell he was blushing.

Once we were done staring at the baby and exchanging a few comments about it we were left in the waiting room, waiting for the picture of the "alien baby" as Jimmy puts it.

And that's when Zacky looked like he was going to pass out. I walked over to him and placed a supporting hand on his shoulder. It didn't seem to work because he just ended up jumping up in the air and practically yelling from surprise.

"Calm down, Zacky," I chuckled. "what's wrong with you?"

"N-nothing," He stuttered. "Just you know….hungry."

"Hungry? Zacky, I'm a three month pregnant lady, trust me I know what hungry looks like."

"Okay fine, there's something I've been needing to ask you…" He muttered.

"What?" I asked arching my eyebrows and thinking of all the possible things he needed to ask me that could possibly make him this nervous.

"Well I was wondering if you could-"

And before I could even finish hearing what he had to say Jamie pulled me away from him to show me some weird device she found.

What did he want to ask me?
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this is kinda crappy.

I promise the next chapter will be better :]