Second Heartbeat

The Question Asked

Zacky's POV

"Well I was wondering if you could be my girlfriend…" Zacky muttered as his eyes averted to the floor.

He's been dying to ask Izzy the exact question for days now. But it never seemed to be the right moment. He's even rehearsed the question a few times in his head, but he was always too scared to say it out loud. And now he had actually said it.

"Uh Zacky…"

Zacky looked up and came face to face with Jimmy and not Izzy.

Where did she go?

"Dude, I'd love to be your girlfriend and all," Jimmy started. "but I'm a guy."

Zacky rolled his eyes and then his eyes searched around the room looking for Izzy. He found her next to Jamie, who was flipping out over some weird machine. Jamie obviously pulled her away from him.

Will he ever get his chance to ask Izzy again?

Izzy's POV

"And look at the weird beeping noise it makes! It sounds like a dinosaur!" Jamie exclaimed.

I rolled my eyes and drowned out the rest of her babble nonsense. I loved her and everything, but sometimes she just didn't make any sense. Plus, I was to modest to leave her and go find Zacky. I felt guilty about just abandoning him (even if it wasn't my choice) whatever he had to ask was obviously important.

"Come here, babe." Matt called out to Jamie.

"Hm?" She said as she walked over to him. And before she couldn't even register what he was doing they were both induced into a kiss. I looked away and mentally rolling my eyes but I was also silently thanking Matt. I looked over the room to find Zacky, which really wasn't hard. He was at the same spot I left him. I walked over to him and mumbled my apology which he accepted.

"So what did you want to ask me?" I asked.

"Uh…it wasn't that important. Don't worry about," He said grinning while raking his mop-like hair with his fingers.

"Um, okay," I said not completely convinced.

I decided that if it really was that important he'd tell me sooner or later right?

After a few more minutes the doctor came back with the picture and we all gazed at the picture for another ten minutes before we actually left. The ride home was more quiet and subtle then the ride to the hospital. Mostly because Jamie and Matt were making out in the back seat and Jimmy and Zacky were playing rock, paper, scissors. I sat there comfortably in my seat, dozing off from time to time.

When we finally got back home we were instantly ambushed by Megan.

"Izzy!" she yelled as she hugged me. "How's the baby?"

"It's a girl," I said, smiling.

"Yay!" She squealed as she tightened the hug which made me laugh.

"We definitely need a baby shower now," Jamie said, giggling.

"What?" I exclaimed.

"Dude, what a great idea!" Megan said as she released me from the hug.

"Wait, what?" I repeated myself.

"Oh yeah, that’s sounds like an excellent idea, girls," Mom began. "we can even buy some clothes for the baby girl!"

"Please, tell me you guys aren't going really going to do this." I groaned.

"Dude, I'll set up the decorations."

"And I'll send out the invitations!" Megan and Jamie hollered both ignoring my statement.

"It's okay, Izzy," Johnny said wrapping an arm around my shoulders. "it will all be over in a few months."

"Obviously you have no idea what the hell it's like to be pregnant," I muttered.

He just laughed and walked towards the house along with everyone else. Except for Mom, Megan, and Jamie who were to busy discussing the plans for the baby shower. I obviously wasn't paying attention, but I was definitely dreading what they had in mind. And knowing those three, it will be over the top.

Uugh…

I was going to dread such a day.

I shook my head and went inside the house and sat on the couch next to Zacky. I couldn't help but realize that he was acting nervous like he was in the hospital again. Was I making him nervous? But why?

Unless….

And then it struck me.

Did he want me to get an abortion for the baby? Is that what he wanted to ask me? Maybe he decided he didn't want the baby anymore. I tried telling myself that it was a ridiculous idea but…what else could it be?
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay I know this isn't my best work buuut....I really wanted to update. So...I'll try to make the next chapter REALLY good :]