Second Heartbeat

Blissful Christmas

"Merry Christmas!" Jimmy hollered as he burst into the room with a Santa outfit that didn't suite his body to well. It came complete with a red coat and pants all kept together with a black belt with a silver buckle. And he even had the cone-like hat with the cotton ball at the tip. All he was missing was a belly and a long snow like beard, which were the major flaws in his costume.

"What's with the outfit, Jimmy?" Jamie said as she eyed him with a questioning eye.

She, Megan, and I were all huddled under the Christmas tree putting together the presents for the guest that would soon be here. I was doing more fidgeting then actually helping out, though. The only reason was because today I was going to face Mr. and Mrs. Baker. I haven't seen the two since last year at their Fourth of July barbeque. And they were now meeting me again, only this time in my pregnant state.

Lovely right?

"Can't a guy bring a little joy into the Kile household?" Jimmy said raising a bag that I assumed was full of presents.

"Don't worry about him," Megan muttered as she grabbed the bag from Jimmy's hand and put under the Christmas tree. "the guys always do this. It just depends on who loses on a bet."

Jamie muttered an "Oh" and continued on with the presents. Once Jimmy made his way inside the house more people started piling in. I got up and walked into the kitchen hoping to ease my anxiety with the comfort of food. But before I could get my hands on the cheese and crackers Mom slapped my hand.

"Bella! Save them for the guest." She said taking the tray out of my reach.

"I was only going to have one…" I muttered. She only answered with a disapproving shake of the her head. I sighed and made my way back to the living room and froze in my steps.

Did I ever mention I have a soft spot for Zacky?

Especially with the way he looks right now. I didn't even know he came in, I guess the rest of the guys did. But I didn't even care to look for the rest of the guys. I didn't want to turn away by the perfection that is Zacky.

His hair was perfectly spiked in the back leaving the front to fall gracefully on his face in a simple fringe. His Misfits t-shirt that hugged his torso tightly to the point it outlined every detail which was covered by a leather jacket. And he was wearing his favorite black tight jeans.

He looked so perfect today that it nearly made me cry. Only because I knew he'd never be with me. I mean, who wants to be with a girl who looks like an oversized watermelon? Even if the baby was his.

It didn't take long before he noticed me and when he smiled, my heart could barely take it because I literally thought it had came to a complete stop. That was until I felt the baby begin kick which made me jump a little. I didn't know why it began kicking, maybe it felt the butterflies that were fluttering around in there…

"Hey Izzy," he said as he walked over to me.

"Hey," I said shocked my voice sounded so smoothly.

"Uh, Mom and Dad would like to-"

"Yeah I know," I sighed interrupting him.

I made my way over to Mr. and Mrs. Baker who, surprisingly, greeted me with sincere smiles.

"Oh hello Bella!" Mrs. Baker said as she embraced me into a death defying hug.

"Hey Mrs. B," I muttered in response against her chest.

"Your mother tells me you have a baby shower on New Years Eve," Mrs. Baker said, releasing me from the embrace.

I looked up at her and smiled.

"Yeah, we'd be glad to have you there. You know since it is your grandchild."

I was so surprised out how the words just flowed out of my lips so smoothly. It was either Mrs. Baker's heartwarming smile, or the fact that Zacky was less then two feet away from me. Either way Mrs. Baker accepted the invitation and went on to chatter off with the rest of the adults.

Mr. Baker didn't say or do much other then a simple "congratulations."

I was kind of shocked out how they reacted towards me. I was half expecting Mrs. B to call me off as a "skank" or a "whore". Even though I knew that wasn't her usual style. I guess I was still nervous about this whole baby thing. It was almost hard to believe I would be a mom in six months. And each day I could feel myself getting more and more terrified. I was only eighteen and not even out of high school yet. I didn't even know what I wanted to do as a career. The baby was coming and I had no financial support for it. I was afraid I wouldn't be good enough for the baby, but I wanted it more then anything.

To know me and Zacky could create something so beautiful as a baby girl, that just made my heart flutter at the thought. Especially when it was Zacky who helped create it.

"Izzy!" Zacky shouted.

I jumped and whipped my head towards him.

"Sorry, you just wouldn't answer," He chuckled.

"It's fine…" I mumbled.

"I was wondering if you wanted to go to the backyard. Less people but more food," he stated.

I nodded and he held out his arm so I could entwine it with mine. I chuckled at his gentlemanlike attitude and I grabbed my jacket before we made our way to the kitchen that was connected to the backyard. Once we were through the sliding glass doors and unto the back porch, a wave of fuming barbeque odor crashed into my nose. I turned my head and saw Phil working his way on the grill and a boom box blasting tunes right beside him. He was bobbing his head absentmindedly to the beat of the song while flipping patties.

It was a slow tune and I could see Matt and Jamie dancing in the lawn to it. Which only made a huge smile appear on my face, only because I knew I could blackmail Matt later. Who knew he could slow dance? But I had to admit it gave me a pang of jealousy, only because I longed to have that relationship with someone who I knew didn't want it.

"Wanna dance," Johnny asked as he appeared in front of me with a hand extended out.

I inwardly giggled and nodded my head in agreement.

"Well, as long as the father is okay with it," Johnny said as he glanced over at Zacky.

"Go ahead." Zacky shrugged as he let go of my arm.

I grabbed Johnny's hand and he led me on the lawn. It was until now that I realized Mom had decorated the whole backyard with lights of the classical Christmas colors. Even our fake palm trees was decorated with green and red lights.

Johnny held either hands on my sides while I wrapped my arms loosely around his neck. A small space between us from the bulge on my stomach. Johnny smiled at me and lead the dance into the next song that played on the radio.

"Wow…who knew you could dance." I mumbled in acknowledgement.

"Meh, you learn a few things," he shrugged. "plus I'm happy to be apart of the baby's first dance,"

I laughed and I could see Phil turn his glance towards us. I could see the protective fatherly stare being directed at Johnny, which cause me to roll my eyes and shake my head at Phil. He didn't do anything but put his attention back on the grill after a few moments.

"Soo…how's it been with you and Zacky?" Johnny asked.

I averted my eyes towards him and arched an eyebrow.

"You know, oddly enough, you haven't been the only one to ask me that this week. Ever since the ultrasound that's all the other guys have been asking me nonstop. What's up with that?"

"Can't we be concerned about two of our very best friends, who happen to be going through a rough patch in their life right now?" He asked, but I could see in his eye he was hiding something more.

"Come on spill it," I muttered.

"What are you talking about, Izzy?"

"You guys obviously know something I don't, and I want to know now."

"We're not keeping anything from you, Izzy. So calm down."

I examined his face and I could clearly see a small twitch at the corner of his mouth. He was trying hard not to smile. Johnny always was a bad liar.

I continued to gaze at him, hoping to make him crack. His expression stayed the same, the corner of his mouth twitching every now and then. The smile trying so desperately to escape. I thought he was about to crack in a few moments but he quickly spoke up.

"Oh hey, look! The song ended." Johnny said rapidly letting me go. "I'll talk to you later."

And with that he ran off into the house. I sighed silently and felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around and saw Zacky standing there with a confused expression.

"What was that about?" He asked.

"They're hiding something from us…" I muttered with a slight pout forming on my face.

"What exactly?"

"I don't know, but it has something to do with us,"

"Oh…" Zacky, his expression filling with that of guiltiness.

"You know don't you?" I asked.

He ignored my question completely extended his had towards me.

"Want to dance?" He asked nervously.

"Only if you tell me what's up. You can give me the answer for a Christmas present, since I know you didn't get me anything this year."

"Neither did you," He huffed.

I gave him a pleading look and he rolled his eyes and silently agreed. We got into a dancing position and swayed slowly to the rhythm of the music. I already knew Zacky was a good dancer, since he was my first dance at Mom and Phil's wedding three years ago. But back then I didn't feel the weird intense feeling that I did now. It was like the butterflies suddenly turned to bats, flapping furiously on my insides.

"So are you going to tell me what's up?" I said avoiding his eyes and looking around the yard.

I began to realize that more people had begun dancing, including Mom and Phil. Even Megan and Brian were waltzing, which is something I thought I'd never see Brian do. It was like seeing a dog on two legs.

"I was actually going to ask you this a while back at the hospital," He murmured.

I began to think back a few days when we were at the hospital. I remember him acting nervous and anxious. He was about to ask me something until Jamie pulled me away…

"Wait, I know what your going to ask Zacky," I whispered.

"You do?" He asked, full of surprise.

I nodded.

"And I just don't think I can do it."

"Oh…" His face fell.

"I mean I can't give up the baby, Zacky. This baby means so much to me and-"

"Wait, what? What are you talking about, Izzy?"

"You want me to get an abortion, right?"

Then he started laughing. It took me a moment to realize that's not what he intended to ask me, and I just felt foolish.

Of course he wouldn't ask that! It's his own baby!

"I can't believe you'd think I'd ask something like that, Izzy" He laughed.

I blushed which only made him grin wider.

Stupid Butterflies…

"Well what did you want to ask me?" I mumbled.

I started to realize that the song had ended but we were still dancing. Zacky was oblivious to anything else, so I just went along with it.

He was about to answer my question until Jimmy yelled something…

"Hey look! Zacky and Izzy are under a mistletoe!"

We both looked up and sure enough it was there, hanging only inches above us. It didn't long before all eyes were on us and they began chanting, "Kiss, kiss, kiss!"

I turned my attention to Zacky and blushed. He looked like he was having a hard time trying to decide on something. And then…

He kissed me.

All the chanting and all the music stopped. I was in my own blissful moment and I could feel my heart jumping up my throat. Our lips melted as one and they moved in sync. I didn't want it to end but we soon parted. I looked into his eyes and the emotion in them matched mine.

"Izzy," he sighed. "will you be my girlfriend?"

I stared at him in disbelief and didn't say anything. I didn't know what to say. I've wanted this for so long and when it finally comes I just freeze.

Ugh! I'm an idiot!

I could see he was getting nervous because he began biting his lip. I've already made up my decision a long time ago, and so I kissed him once more to confirm.

As our lips crashed we returned to that blissful place were nothing could hurt us and where everything was simply perfect.
♠ ♠ ♠
haha longest chapter I've written so far xD

Hope you guys enjoyed it <33