Second Heartbeat

Beep! Beep! Beep!

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Where is that annoying sound coming from?

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Make it stop!

"Izzy?"

Zacky? Where is he? What's happening?

I tried to open my eyes but it felt like there was some weird invisible force keeping me from doing so. My ears however, worked perfectly as I listened to low whispers of someone praying to the heavens. I even felt someone clasp their hands around my left one. But my stupid eyes wouldn't open.

"Come on Isabella, wake up."

Trust me, I want to!

I tried with all my force to open my eyes but it just wouldn't work. I was starting to get frustrated and scared. I've never had this problem before. It felt like darkness was tying me down and keeping me from doing anything. I wanted to scream.

And then I felt warm soft lips on top of mine…

Beep! Beep! Beep!

The irritating beeping noise was now louder and more annoying then ever, but my eyes fluttered open and they came in contact with an angel that had beautiful green eyes.

"I probably shouldn't have done that," He murmured.

Eventually the beeping came back into it's original beat and I was left smiling at Zacky.

"What happened?" I winced when I realized my voice sounded like it been rubbed against sand paper.

"Car accident," he simply stated.

My eyes bulged out.

"What happened to everyone? Are they okay? What about the baby? Oh my God! Zacky are you hu-" Zacky stopped me from my frantic shouting by placing a single finger on my swollen and cut lips.

He smiled at me and kissed me on the cheek before he answered.

"Everyone's fine, the baby's fine, I'm fine. All you need to worry about is resting and getting better. Got it?"

I nodded.

"How long have I been out?"

"About an hour."

"Oh…"

"You hit your head pretty hard."

"Is the baby really okay?" I asked quietly. I placed my hands gently on my stomach and I watched them as the made circles in the sheets.

Zacky's hand clasped his hands with mine and I looked up at him. His face written out in serenity and sincerity.

"Yes, Izzy, she's fine."

"Izzy," I murmured. "you were the first one to call me that…"

"Only because I couldn't say Isabella at the age of five," He said rolling his eyes. "What's your point?"

"We need to name our child. She needs a name."

"Izzy, we have six months-"

"I know but I want to give it to her now, so I can know she's real," I muttered as I caressed Zacky's hand absent mindedly.

"What are you talking about?" he questioned.

"This whole experience still feels so unreal, but giving her a name will make me get a hold on everything."

"Alright," He nodded. "What do you have in mind?"

I started listing off names that had been in my mind for a while. Then he started suggesting a few. We did this for a couple of minutes both giggling at some weird name suggestions we happened to think up. It kept going on like this until Jimmy barged into the room screaming the obvious fact that I was awake. I laughed when I saw the balloons and flower that were imprinted with the words "It's a girl." I asked him why not "get well soon", but he said the store was out. Soon the whole room was filled with the people I loved.

Megan and Jamie babbling on about how they saw an extremely hot doctor in the waiting room, with Matt and Brian not at all far from hearing distance. Johnny gave me flowers telling me to get well soon and Jimmy babbling about mutated babies. Matt just gave me a quick hug and kissed me on my forehead telling me to get better. Mom being….well Mom. Hugging and kissing and being the totally embarrassing mom she can be. Phil laughing like a meanie.

I know childish.

But through all this commotion I still noticed Brian standing in the corner looking miserable. I didn't say anything though.

"Well, were gonna go," Mom said pecking my cheek.

"Yeah we don't want to ruin your hospital fun," Megan said sarcastically.

Everyone started piling out all except Zacky who refused to leave in through my mom's demands.

What a brave man…

"Brian wait!" I said before he headed out the door.

He turned to me with questioning eyes.

"I need to talk to you," I said.

I turned to Zacky, "Mind?"

He shook his head and left the room, I'm pretty sure to go get free hospital food.

"What's up?" Brian said as he walked up to my hospital bed.

His face grave. Not usually like Brian.

"What's the matter?" He didn't answer.

"Come on Brian…your not being, well you."

"I'm sorry, Izzy."

"Don't be Bri-"

"No! I mean I could've killed you or your baby. I could have ruined you, Izzy, I'm so sorry," He whispered, shaking his and putting on his sunglasses. He bowed his head avoiding any eye contact with me.

"Oh come on Brian, you can't really think that accident was really your fault, can you?"

"I was driving, I should've been paying attention and-"

"Brian shut up."

His head shot up at my abrupt behavior.

"Brian, come on. No one could've known about that stupid car, it's not your fault. Cheer up and give a freaking hug you have yet to give me you bastard," I said.

He smiled and went up to the bed and embraced me.

"I'm still sorry," He whispered.

"Yeah well don't be. Thanks to you I finally know what to name the baby."

We pulled away and Zacky came to the door.

"Is it okay to come in now?" He asked. I nodded.

"Zacky I know what we can the baby!"

"What?"

"Brianna!" I clapped my hands cheerfully.

They looked at me dumbfounded.

"You mean, your gonna name the child after me?" Brian asked in awe.

"Of course, I mean you are the baby's first father," I giggled.

"Thanks?" He said scratching the back of his neck. "I really don't know what to say."

"Don't say anything, man," Zacky laughed.

"Besides, why not name the child after her Godfather?" I said holding back a smile.

But I couldn't take it in after I saw Brian's face. He was totally filled with joy and excitement. The same kind you see on kid who got everything he wanted on Christmas.

Me and Zacky were ambushed by Brian's strong embracive hold. We couldn't help but laugh.

After a few moments Brian left and went to join everyone else, leaving me and Zacky alone.

Yay!

After a few moments he kissed me passionately.

Beep! Beep! Beep!

He didn't pull away for another few moments. Once he did I noticed my body needed the oxygen…bad.

"What was that for?" I asked breathlessly.

"Happy New Years" He smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
okay here's the dealio.
I think I'm about to wrap this story up.
So after this chapter you'll probably get a couple more.
And then its all over =D

you'll probably get a sequal. Idk.
but anyways....

COMMENTS = LOVE!!