Second Heartbeat

Confessions

As I walked in I could hear Mom washing the dishes in the kitchen. I hesitated walking in there, especially when I didn't know the outcome of what I was about to discuss with her. I don't think any mother wants to hear that their teenage daughter is pregnant.

Me and my mom have a relationship that goes beyond mother and daughter, she's like my best friend. I know its weird coming from a teenager at the age of 17, but its true. I've always obeyed Mom (well most of the time). And she's come to trust me in a way most parents wouldn't think of doing. And I can joke around with her like I do my buds, I even treat her like she's part of the gang. And the fact that I have to reveal this nerving truth scares the shit out of me.

"Hey Mom," I called. Megan only a few steps behind me.

"Yeah sweetie?" I heard her say as I entered the kitchen.

I continued my way into the kitchen and towards the sink where my mom was. She had her back turned away from me and I debated whether to talk to her or not. But Megan shoved me and mouthed, "just go!"

So I did.

"Hey Mom, we need to talk. Is Phil here?"

Phil was my step-dad. He wasn't some evil step-dad that most people seem to have an image of since Cinderella. He's actually a pretty good guy, dorky, but pretty cool. Mom and Phil have been together for three years now, and they both seem happy so I'm not complaining.

"Yeah he's in the backyard working on the yard."

"Um, can you call him I kind of need to talk to you both." Then she turned to me and apparently saw my distressed expression.

"Oh God honey, what's wrong?"

"I'll explain everything once the two of you are in the living room."

She nodded and turned of the sink and went and got Phil.

After a few minutes both Mom and Phil were sitting on the couch and I was pacing back and forth around the living room. Megan trying to calm me down. After a few more minutes Phil spoke.

"Look Isabella can you just tell us what's wrong? I think your mother is going to have a heart attack over here."

I bit my lip and stopped pacing and walked directly in front of the parentals. I took a deep breath.

"I'm pregnant…" I murmured.

"What!" they both exclaimed. I wrapped my arms around my body, totally terrified.

"How did this happen Bella?" Mom said frantically.

"Wait who's the father?" Phil asked.

"Uh…Brian?" I muttered.

"Brian?" Mom said obviously surprised.

"Wait is the one who's always wearing those fedoras?" Phil asked. Megan nodded.

"I knew he was trouble," Phil muttered under his breath.

"Your life is over, Bella. Now you can't finish school and what are you going to do about a job?" Mom said rapidly. I just rolled my eyes.

"Thanks Mom, thanks for the support," I muttered.

Then Mom started laughing and everyone's eyes widen, and I was pretty sure we were all scared at that point.

"Dude, your mom's scaring me." Megan whispered.

I just nodded and muttered an, "Uh-huh…"

"Honey, are you okay?" Phil asked cautiously.

"Yeah I'm fine," Mom said still laughing lightly as she got up from the couch. "I just need some time to think. Plus I need to set up a diet for Izzy," Mom babbled as she walked off.

Phil got up with her and they walked into their bedroom. Megan and I just looked at each other.

"Well….that went better then expected. I was expecting your mom to crack but not like that…" Megan said.

"Dude, neither did I. Think I should be more scared then I was before?" I asked as I sat down on the loveseat.

"Nah, let's just hope she doesn't poison any of the food she gives you."

"Yeah, like she'd poison an pregnant teenager. Man, you’re an idiot," I muttered as I turned on the T.V. She just laughed and sat on the other couch.

The next day everyone came over to my house and just chilled. So far the only people there was Megan, Matt, Johnny, and Jimmy. We were all piled around in front of the T.V watching Family Guy. The same thing we did every Sunday. Now we were just waiting on Brian, Zacky, and of course Joanne.

Uugh!

"Hey guys pizzas here!" Matt said as the door bell rang. I grunted and started getting up before Jimmy stopped me.

"No missy you stay, you have a baby in the process inside your body."

"It’s okay Jimmy the doors right there," I said as I motioned towards the door that was only two feet away.

He ignored me and answered the door and got the pizza. Now we were just sitting around watching Spongebob. Yeah, we're exciting aren't we?

Then we heard the doorknob turn and Brian walked in.

"Oh hey, pizza!" He said as he grabbed a piece and sat between me and Megan. Suddenly Phil came in and looked around the room. Then he spotted Brian, his eyes obviously drilling a hole in Brian's skull and everyone noticed. Including Brian.

"Are you the boy who impregnated Isabella?" Phil said with a sharp serious voice. Brian sat there silently his pizza hanging from his hand. He looked around the room and then to Phil.

"Uh…yeah?" He whispered.

"Get out!" Phil yelled.

"But-"

"Now!"

Brian's eyes were wide with fear and he dropped the pizza and walked out. Phil made sure he was out of the house and then went back to the kitchen. I'm pretty sure everyone in the room was awestruck. It didn't take long before Jimmy and Megan began laughing.

Zacky's POV

Zacky drove up to Izzy's house and he could obviously see everyone else was already there. As he and Joanne got out of the car and towards the house he saw an obviously pissed off Brian walking from the house. Once Brian saw Zacky his eyes narrowed.

"You!" he muttered walking up to them.

"What happened man?" Zacky asked as he slipped my hand into Joanne's.

"I'm doing this for you. I hope you remember that. They even had pizza, man!" Brian grumbled as he walked off to his car.

Zacky looked over at Joanne who obviously wasn't even paying attention. He just sighed and continued his way to the house.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you liked it <33