Second Heartbeat

Dreadful Mondays

So it was now the dreadful Monday. School was in session and I was entering the halls of Hell once again, along with a baby that was slowly growing inside me. Amazing right?

"What's wrong Izzy?" Megan asked as she started rummaging through her locker.

"Nothing.." I muttered as I slumped against the cold lockers.

"What are you starting your morning sickness already?"

"Yeah, but that's not it," I said as I tried to erase the horrible memory of nausea that overtook me this morning. I will never look at pizza the same way again.

"Zacky just hasn't talked to me lately…"

"Is that all?"

"Ever since he found out I was pregnant we barely talked. I tried calling him last night and all he did was say he was busy and hung up. It's like he's ignoring me," I mumbled.

"Yeah, he did seem kind of off yesterday. Like he was trying to avoid you at all means," Megan said as she closed her locker and we began our way to first block.

"Maybe he's being brainwashed by the blonde bitch," she suggested, I just rolled my eyes and sighed.

"Or he just doesn't want anything to do with me anymore…" I whispered.

"That’s crazy! You without Zacky is like Oreo cookies without the cream filling! It's just not right."

We were now entering our first block classroom and trying to get to our seats. We had Jimmy In that class too, which was English, but of course he was fast asleep in the last desk at the corner. We made our way to the desks around him, Megan sat in front of him and I sat to his right.

She turned around and looked at his sleeping form and then she looked over at me.

"Should I or do you want to?" Megan asked as she started poking Jimmy.

"I don't care," I sighed and slumped into my chair.

"Oh my God, Look at those stallion ducks!" She screamed with the whole class looking at her.

"Where?" Jimmy exclaimed as he shot up from his desk.

Megan and the rest of the class began laughing, but it didn't take long before Jimmy fell asleep again. I just sighed and slumped into my desk more.

Class started and ended what felt like forever. I was silently hoping that lunch would come sooner then scheduled. I really wanted to talk to Zacky again. And I was starting to scare myself about how much I realized I needed Zacky. The more I wanted Zacky the more I hated Joanne.

But two hours later lunch finally arrived and I felt like I could eat anything. As I stood in line I began grabbing everything in sight.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! Don't you think that’s a little to much, missy?" Matt asked who was standing right beside me in line.

"No…" I mumbled as I slipped a French fry in my mouth. Once we were out of the line I walked with Matt to our usual spot.

"So…uh...how's the pregnancy going?" Matt as quietly.

"Okay so far. Morning sickness I could live without, though." I looked over at Matt and he looked way to miserable for my liking.

"Hey Matt, what's wrong?" I asked. He looked up at me and shook his head.

"Nothing, just…I saw Joanne making out with some other guy earlier today."

My eyes widened and my heart started pounding. I stopped in my tracks and so did Matt. I looked at him frantically, with a million questions going through my head.

"Are you sure?" was the only one that would come out. I really hated the fact that someone would hurt Zacky like that.

"I'm pretty sure, but I really don't want to tell him. I mean, I didn't see her face but I recognized the blonde hair."

"Maybe you mistook her for some other blonde girl." I said with a glint of hope.

Matt just shrugged and started walking while I followed him.

"Man, I hope so. I really don't want to see Zack hurt." Matt murmured.

I nodded in agreement.

"Well, maybe it's better if we don't say anything yet." Matt just nodded.

When we finally made our way to our spot we could clearly see that everyone was already there, including Zacky and Joanne.

I sighed and made my way to Megan and sat myself down as I began eating.

"Dude, Izzy, think you got enough?" Johnny asked as he gawked at my tray of food.

"Hopefully, I feel like I could eat a heard of cows." I said as I bit down into my burger. Everyone began laughing.

"Shut up guys," I mumbled with food still in my mouth.

"Ew, but won't you get fat?" Joanne asked with her nose scrunched up.

"Well there is a baby that is, in fact, growing inside my body everyday. I'd say it really wouldn't matter because I'm going to look like and oversize watermelon in a few months anyways," I said in my most casual tone ever.

She just nodded and turned her attention back to Zacky who only seemed to be looking at her. Man do I hate jealousy. I have so many fantasy of shoving burgers down her throat until her perfect body just explodes.

Man I need therapy…

"Well I'm going to the bathroom. Don't miss me to much." Joanne said as she got up and winked at Zacky. Once she was out of sight he finally turned to us.

"Man, isn't she amazing?" Zacky sighed.

"Yeah…" Megan said as she rolled her eyes.

"Just an angel," Both Megan and Brian said in a unison. One of their most weirdest abilities of being an un-biological set of twins. But by now we were all pretty used to it. Nothing new.

"Uh, Zacky can we talk?" I whispered.

He looked at me and nodded, but he didn't say a word. We both got up and went to the side of a building where there was no one around.

I turned to him as I leaned against the brick wall. I tried so hard not to gawk at him, but it was really difficult. Though I noticed he was looking at everything but me.

"Zacky look at me.." I whispered.

He finally did and sighed.

"What's wrong?" I asked him.

"Nothing it's just, I'm really scared…" He whispered as his eyes averted to the ground.

"Of what?"

"The baby. I mean I'm having a relationship with another girl. What if she finds out and breaks up with me? What if I'm not a good father? Or what if-"

"Zacky calmed down," I giggled a little. Seeing him this freaked out was pretty cute.

"Wait, be a good father? You're actually going to take care of the baby?" I said with my eyebrow arched. He began laughing.

"Of course, Izzy. What kind person would I be if I didn't take care of my own child."

This made me smile very widely. The fact that he was willing to help out was enough to make me happy.

"Thanks…" I whispered.

"No problem. So how's the baby?"

I shrugged and looked down at my stomach.

"I don't know. I'm pretty sure it's at that stage where it looks like an alien wrapped around in goop. So I say it's doing pretty well."

He chuckled and I just smiled at him, secretly hoping this wouldn't be the last moment I'd have with Zacky.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you guys like the update <3
Markie threatened me to update so I kinda had to.....