Second Heartbeat

Baby Has a Kick

I followed Zacky outside to the front porch where I found him leaned against the side of the house with a cigarette between his lips.

"Zacky," I sighed.

He turned to look at me but didn't say a word.

"Zacky, I'm sorry…" I whispered as I placed a hand on his shoulder but he just shrugged it off.

We stood there in silence, neither of saying anything. That was until I took the cigarette out of Zacky's mouth and threw it on the ground.

"Hey! That was my last one!" He groaned.

"It's bad for the baby," I said motioning to my stomach.

"Yeah, well no one exactly asked you to come out here in the first place," he snorted.

"But I wanted to Zacky….you’re my best friend."

He looked up at me and his eyes softened and that's when I saw it. A small hint of Zacky's infamous smile, but it went as quick as it came.

"I know…" He sighed.

"Zacky I'm so-" I apologized once more but Zacky cut me off.

"Don't be Izzy, it's not even your fault. I guess it was bound to happen, it was hard to believe a girl like that would even be interested in a guy like me." His face a little distraught.

"That's true…" I muttered.

"Hey!" he shoved me lightly.

"I'm just saying, you deserve better," I whispered, I was kind of hoping he wouldn't hear me. It was totally embarrassing just saying it.

Ugh! This feels so weird!

But that was only because I could feel Zacky's eyes on me and I was to much of a loser to actually look up and meet his gaze. I was to afraid. And I was also blushing way more then a tomato ever could.

"Izzy," He whispered.

"yeah?"

"Look at me."

So of course I did only because I'm an idiot and I can't deny any of Zacky's wishes. And his face was way closer then I expected it to be, not to mention I could feel his sweet his breath on my lips. It almost startled me and I swear I could feel the baby moving. I jumped which seemed to have scared Zacky and he moved away quickly.

"What's wrong?" He asked worried.

I shook my head and sighed.

"Nothing, the baby just kicked," I muttered as I laid a hand on my stomach.

"Can I uh..-" He murmured.

"Can you what?" I asked suspiciously arching an eyebrow.

"Feel it?" he whispered.

I laughed and I could have sworn I could see him blushing in embarrassment, even in the dim lighten porch light.

"Yeah of course," I said as I grabbed his hand and placed it on my stomach. I did it so quick that I didn't get a chance to actually realize what I just did. And the fact that Zacky was even touching was making me blush but he didn't seem to notice.

He looked down at the undeveloped baby and smiled. I knew he could feel it kicking.

I sure as hell could!

Then he looked up at me with the same smile of astonishment. I couldn't help but mirror that smile. It was way to cute.

And that's when it happened…

He leaned in and kissed me. His lips melting perfectly into mine and this only made the baby kick harder. I'm sure he noticed because he was smiling into the kiss, and then his hand began to move upward until it settled to either sides of my waist.

It took me a while but I finally reacted and kissed him back placing my hands around his neck.

God, could anything be more perfect?
♠ ♠ ♠
This has to be one of the cheesiest chapters I have ever written.

Haha. Sorry it's so short.