An Unexpected Ending

An Unexpected Ending

Ella had always been the outcast in her family, unlike her brother, Lee and her sister, Joan who were both very loud and outgoing,Ella was quiet and little shy. She found comfort in reading, it was like her own little escape from reality. Little did she know that she would soon find a reality she would never want to leave.
They were gathered in the living room when their parents informed them of the vacation they would be taking. At first Joan and Lee were overjoyed, they couldn’t wait; that was until they had found out where they were going.
Both of them were shocked when they heard their mother say “We are going to a cabin in Glendive, Montana”.
Before Joan and Lee could even respond, Ella , the youngest of the three, left the room swiftly to go and pack. Granted, they were not leaving until next week, Ella was too excited to wait. Unlike Joan and Lee, Ella was excited to be going somewhere quiet, she couldn’t wait to catch up on her reading list. What she didn’t know was that,, she would not be doing much reading.
The next week couldn’t have went any slower, it was if each day was a week with in itself. Ella had thought for sure if it did not speed up quick, this week would freeze in time.. Ella had spent the week making sure she wouldn’t have any homework , so she could spend her time reading.
Finally, Ella and her family loaded up the car and headed to Montana. The whole ride there Ella was glued to her books and Joan and Lee were glued to their phones. When they had finally arrived Ella could see the disappointment on Joan and Lee’s face as they gawked at what they saw.
“Really mom, we are in the middle of nowhere, what kind of fun could I possibly have here” said Joan,
“Is there even cable?” Lee questioned, “How am I suppose to watch this week’s episode of Breaking Bad?’’ He exclaimed.
“ Come on, there are plenty of things you guys can do. You guys could go on a hike or go swimming, what about board games?”, their mother suggested.
“ Hiking mom ,eww gross and you want us to swim in that water;you have got to be kidding me and board games what are we twelve?”Joan interjected.
Joan and Lee then stormed off into the cabin and started at their phones again.
“Ella, honey are you liking what you see?” her mother asked.
“ Actually I am really excited, this is the perfect place to catch up on some reading, it is actually quite beautiful out here.” Ella answered.

Ella then decided to go for a walk , she had read two books on the way and needed to stretch out her legs from the long ride. Ella followed a path she thought would probably lead her to the woods. She couldn’t get over how beautiful and simply quiet everything was. She was in love with this place and began to love it even more when the path lead her to an opening in the woods.
Ella stopped abruptly to take in the sight of the tall evergreen trees and when she thought that this place couldn’t get anymore magnificent she took her first steps into the woods in front of her. She kept on walking, taking in everything. The sun trickling through the trees and the smell wonderful of smell of fresh air, that you couldn’t get when living in the city. Ella examined many different creatures while lurking, rabbits, butterflies, birds, snakes, ladybugs and a great abundance of squirrels.
Although, Ella was a bit weary while walking, she had felt the presence of someone following her. She had shook it off because she was too busy enjoying the beautiful things which surrounded her. She hadn’t realized she had been being watched by a shy boy named David. David was around the same age as Ella and was also more inverted like she was. He had no intentions as coming off like a creeper but he really didn’t know how to talk to people ; so when Ella had turned around and found him staring at her they were both a little scared.
“ Have you been following me this whole time!” Ella exclaimed.
“ S so so sorry, I didn’t mean to frighten you. I was ju juuu juss just admiring how you l lo look at everything as if this is the most be beaut beautiful thing you have ever seen.” David stammered.
“ It is beautiful, you don’t think so?” Ella asked still weary of him.
“ No, it isn’t that, I love it here!” David said, “ It’s just you act like you have never seen the beauty of nature before” he finished.
“ Well I haven’t really, I am from the city. I mean I have read stories, Oh how love reading, but it’s not the same as actually seeing it forreal.” Ella replied.
“ Hey, do you mind if i show you something” David asked.
“ Sure why not.” Ella responded.
“ Kewl, follow me” David said.

Ella then began to follow David in the woods, she was a little suspicious but decided that David was probably just as shy as she was ,and was just looking for a friend. So David and Ella walked through the wood silently only hearing the crunch of the leafs beneath their feet. Ella loved the satisfaction and sound of stepping on a leaf she made sure to go out of her way to step on them. David then started walking off the path and into woods.
“ Don’t worry, we are almost there I promise.” David assured.

So Ella kept on following, until they reached a gigantic tree house right in there in the middle of the woods. Ella had no words for what she was seeing.
“ Come on, the ladder is over here.” David leaded.

Ella followed David into the tree house which had a bookshelf taking up one whole entire wall of the room, there were fairy lights all around the room, there was a sky blue couch and chair ,a beautiful rug covering almost the whole floor, a whole lot of art supplies, and paintings and drawings pinned up all over the walls. Ella had wondered how long it had taken to build this, it was like the perfect getaway, the perfect place to be alone and read books.
“Do you like it?” David asked, “ My dad and I built it together four years ago.” David ended.
“I love it, it is wonderful.” Ella stated, “Do you and your dad come here a lot then.” Ella asked.
“Oh, I probably should have mentioned, my dad owns this park.” David said.
“ That is so kewl, this place is amazing, do you like it here?” asked Ella.
“Well, I don’t really know anything else, but yea I would say, I like it here.” answered David.

Ella walked over to the bookshelf and looked at all of the books to see what types of books, David enjoyed reading. She found a couple of her favorites on the shelf and couldn’t believe that he had read them as well. She then continued to walk around the room and look at all of the paintings and drawings. Some of them were a bit scary, but some of them were beautiful. David was a great artists and captured the woods so wonderfully in his paintings.
“ These are great drawings, David.” Ella said.

Ella heard a strange noise and turned around swiftly,
“What the...............” Ella didn’t finish, as she was gobbled up by a giant turkey squid.