Pulse

Well, Here's Our New Song!

The weeks went by like lightning. Naturally, when Ivy asked Daniel if he wanted to join Echo Star, she accepted, and they got themselves a great guitarist. Then came the moment of truth.

Eight weeks later, there was an emergency crisis band meeting in Freddie’s basement. Ivy sucked in a deep breath when Freddie told her that the company paying for their sound equipment wanted to hear a new song by the end of the week. “I have some things.” She said weakly.

At once, four heads turned to her, Daniel, Freddie, Mitch, and Erik, the pianist. Ivy took another breath and stood up, rummaging in her schoolbag for something. She pulled out three sheets of paper, with little music notes written all over them. Shakily, she handed them to Daniel.

“What are you doing?” he hissed, looking at the music for “Liars”, a song she had just finished the night before, lying in his hand.

“Please.” Was all Ivy said, picking up his favorite ice blue guitar and handing it to him.

“I’m not sure I can play this!” he whispered at her frantically.

“I trust you.” Ivy whispered back at him, just as frantically.

The other band members were looking at them with an obvious ‘what-the-heck’s-going-on-here’ expression, but Ivy turned to face them, with one last smile at Daniel.

The familiar tune wafted through the air as Ivy dried her sweaty palms on her jeans. She sighed to herself. To heck with it! Ivy thought, closing her eyes. These guys are my friends, my band. And if they don’t like it, then they can just shut up! But Ivy could think no more, as the vocals were about to begin. She opened her mouth, hoping to simply not vomit.

“You said you’d never hurt me,
Now I’m lying on my back,
Screaming in agony,
Ready to incur my wrath.

You said
You said you’d protect me.
You lied
You lie to me you die!

How can I end this?
When will it stop?
I don’t think I can take it,
Even when my vitals drop.

You said
You said you’d protect me
You lied
You lie to me you die!

I’ll find you at midnight
With murder in my heart.
Stand there beside you,
Your pain’s about to start.

You said
You said you’d protect me
You lied
You lie to me you die!

The breath slowly leaves you
Shock frozen on your face.
The siren’s in the distance,
But I’ve put you in your place!

You said
You said you’d protect me.
You lied
You lie to me you die!

You lie to me you die.
You lie to me you… die.”

She was greeted with a shocked silence. The band had no clue Ivy was capable of such a strong hatred.

“I think we’ve found our song.” Freddie finally managed. He tried to start a slow clap, where one person starts clapping slowly and is then joined by others until it’s a thunderous applause, but Ivy stopped him after the second clap.

“Don’t.” she said, one hand over his. “That’s terribly cliché.” She added, shaking her head slightly.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have mixed feelings about saying this, but this story is ending at chapter 25 or before. I'm very sorry, but if I stretch it out any longer, it will suck. Please forgive me if that's not long enough for you, but it's how it is.

After I'm done with this one, I may write a new story. I've been turning an idea over in y mind for a few weeks now, and it's nearly irresistable.