Pulse

Shit***

Before he could answer, the bell rang to signify the start of the day.

“Shitfuck.” Ivy swore.

It was enough to make the boy smile. “What?” she complained loudly.

“Nothing. I’ve just never heard anyone ever say ‘shitfuck’ before.” he laughed, and shook his hair out of his face. The look of the light shining on it was enough to make Ivy wish for a paintbrush. And any artistic talent whatsoever. “Come to think of it, that would be entirely disgusting. I’d never do it.” He shook his head again, sending Ivy’s heart into a frenzy. She hated herself for that. She didn’t even know this boy! “My name’s Daniel.” He said, sticking out his hand for her to shake.

Oh, Daniel, is it? Okay, now you know him. Now you can think that. No, no you can’t. She was arguing with herself again. Surely even crazy people didn't argue with themselves this much!

She stuck her hand out and shook his. “My name’s Elaine. But my friends call me Ivy.” She said, smiling.

“Ivy…” he mused.

“Did I say you were my friend?” She retorted, grinning broadly. Just then, the bell rang again, an annoying buzzing sound, and they both had to hurry off, otherwise be late for their respective first periods.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's so short, but it's only sort of an in-between chapter. Not really serving any purpose.