Into the Eyes of a Killer

The Flowering of Corruption

I sat as still as a statue on the leather couch, watching as she coerced one of the cats onto her lap. A quick glance around the room showed me that Roxanne and Ryan both showed equal amounts of concern as I‘m sure my face mirrored. I thought the situation might be safer if I wasn’t alone… that maybe if Roxy was with us, she wouldn’t come out. I was wrong.

She stroked the cat who attempted several times to squirm out of her grasp. Grabbing a firm hold of the feline, she forced the cat to meet her eyes. As I watched her fingers curl around the cat’s neck… I was trying to decide if she’d just chose to snap it. Instead, after a few seconds of forced eye contact, the cat stopped fussing and just lay quietly in her lap. I was amazed that Tiger would sit so easily when forced, however, I remembered the mind games that she plays on me, and suddenly it became easier to grasp.

Ryan sat close to his… wife. His head was down, and it seemed as if he was trying to reach her through his thoughts. She let the cat down and Tiger immediately attacked one of the other cats. It was her taint… effecting even the animals.

After a moment or two, she simply sat back, very slowly regarding each one of us. Taking her time as she lazily dragged her gaze from one to the other. Another beat and she blinked, tears filling up in her eyes as she looked over at Ryan.

“…Ryan…?” She was barely able to get out before she put her arms around him, sobbing into his chest. Roxy and I both sighed in relief. She was gone for now and Sophie was back, finally. The time had been fairly anti-climactic, but her visits always varied, I imagine based on how much energy she had at the time and how hard Sophie was fighting her.

“It’s okay… I love you… shhh…” Ryan murmured into her hair, stroking her back gently. A few more sobs, and it looked as if she was quieting down before she suddenly snaked her arm around Ryan’s neck, standing up and pulling him into a tight headlock. With a quick laugh, she leaned in her head, her mouth a scant inch away from his.

“Stupid boy… did you really think it was her…? Heheheh… too easy…” Grinning in that chilling way she does, she grabbed his hair, tightly intertwining her fingers in his short locks, forcing his head back. Closing her eyes, she pulled him in close, her mouth against his cheek as she spoke in low tones.

“Don’t you understand…? I am Sophie. Sophie is me.” She laughed coldly and I leaned in further to hear the rest of what you said. “If you hate me so much… you also hate your wife.” Ryan closed his eyes for a moment, his jaw clenching. She took that moment to try and catch him off guard, using her leg to pull his out from under him. Stumbling, Ryan attempted to regain his footing, but with a forceful shove, she forced him down to the ground. For such a thin guy, Ryan had quite a bit of muscle on him and in a fight between the two, he would easily be able to overpower Sophie. But this wasn’t Sophie. And she was able to toss him around like a rag doll if she chose.

Straddling his chest, she peered down at him, her mouth quirked in a smile.

“What’s the matter…?” She asked. However, Ryan gave no answer, not even acknowledging her presence. Her smile faded as she grabbed his hair, twisting her fist to pull it sharply.

“Look at me when I’m talking to you.” She demanded harshly. Ryan just closed his eyes, his entire body relaxed. He wasn’t going to give her the satisfaction. For a moment… I envied him. He was strong-willed, able to resist her. When she told me jump… I prayed dearly that I knew how high.

She yanked his head harder, slamming it down onto the wood floors.

“I said look at me.” She growled, her eyes blazing. Roxy and I exchanged a look over her back. It seemed we both decided that he should just open his eyes now. But he didn’t. After a second or two more, she smirked and slid off his chest, sitting next to him.

“Fine… all men are the same…” She slid her hand down his stomach, over the crotch of his jeans. Was she going to seduce him? I asked myself silently. It became abundantly clear when she harshly grabbed his genitals.

“Now… open… your eyes…” She said in a low voice, tightening her grip. Open your eyes! I screamed in my head, too scared to actually voice it. I watched his face twist in pain and I felt physically ill. Please Ryan… just open your eyes… I begged, Roxy’s face expressing the same. Another second and he finally did, looking at her. With a smirk, she released him, sitting back.

“There… now as that so hard…?” With a dark laugh, she stood up, standing over him. “Hm… you’re being boring. I’m going to find something more… entertaining to do.” And with that, she left the living room, sauntering over to the kitchen. Kitchen… knives.

The three of us looked at each other as Ryan pulled himself to his feet.

“Hey… are you alright…?” Roxy asked him as he walked past. He just nodded, but I saw a single tear roll down his cheek, which he quickly wiped away as he followed her. Just behind him, I saw her round the corner, a very sharp… very dangerous dagger in her hand. Why on earth was there a dagger in the kitchen?! With a smile, she motioned Ryan over to her, pressing him against the wall. She sucked on the tip of the dagger in thought of what to do with him. I quickly shut the door that lead down to the basement. We’d had close calls in the past where Ryan was almost pushed down said stairs. I wanted to avoid as much carnage as I could muster.

Dragging the dagger lightly across Ryan’s neck, she leaned in more closely.

“Aren’t you going to talk to me…? After all, I am a guest in your house.” She purred at him, keeping the blade against his skin. I wanted to shout the contradiction to the world. She had said she was Sophie and Sophie was her. Wouldn’t that mean she wasn’t actually a guest? However, I certainly did not have the balls to voice that. Instead, I just hoped dearly that she didn’t develop a sudden blood lust.

“What do you want me to say…?” he replied calmly, carefully swallowing. Cocking her head to the side curiously, she just lifted a shoulder.

“What do you talk to your guests about?” She asked him, her voice dripping with venomous sugar. Ryan shrugged and she sighed, releasing him.

“You’re not fun…” Sucking on the tip of the blade once again, she spotted me at the end of the hallway and smiled. I felt my stomach sink unpleasantly. “But you’re fun to play with…” Ryan was ushered away and she slowly sauntered towards me, her movements deliberate with their seductive sway. Stepping in close to me, she gently began dragging the knife across my neck, the cold steel causing my breath to catch in my throat. I tried not to move, to even think for fear that it would provoke violence. Leaning in, she smiled at me, her expression almost pity.

“Oh… are you scared?” She asked and I nodded, rasping out a hoarse “Yes…” in reply. I’d seen what happens when you don’t answer her. I was more than eager to carry on a conversation of her choosing.

“Mm… give me your arm.” She said, glancing down at my right arm. Swallowing nervously, I lifted up my arm to her, which she took in her grasp. Pulling back my sleeve, she placed the tip of the blade against my arm. “Don’t worry… it won’t be that bad…” She said in a low voice as she pressed the blade into my skin.

Much to my relief, she only used enough pressure to create a light scratch. I couldn’t imagine how I would explain away strange cuts on my arm without sounding suicidal. I watched her slowly drag the tip of the blade down my arm. She was writing something… With all the adrenaline coursing through my body, I was surprised that I was able to feel the scratches at all. After a few more agonizing seconds, she finished. When I glanced down at my arm, I saw very clearly what she had written in it. Mine.

“There… was that so bad…?” She asked me with a smile.

“No…” I said in a hushed voice, keeping my answer short to avoid losing my voice entirely. With a sigh, she released my arm.

“You’re not fun anymore…” Pouting, she replaced the blade between her lips, thinking once more.

“Sorry…” I murmured with a half-smile and a shrug, wanting very dearly at that moment to give her whatever satisfaction she was looking for. As long as she kept paying attention to me. Looking at me. Touching me. She could make me bleed if it was her desire.

“That’s alright.” She said lightly, heading into the living room. “Go sit down.” I immediately planted myself in a chair, pulling my legs in close to my body. My emotions continued to battle between revulsion, desire, terror, lust… after a few moments everything went blank. The lazy boy I sat in slowly rocked first forward… then back. I took a bit of comfort in the feel as I finally lifted my eyes to Roxy, who now watched her with caution. I hated Roxy in that moment. Stealing her attention from me.

“You’ve got quite a bit of energy… don’t you?” She asked Roxy, gently running her fingers through Roxy’s hair. Oh god that it was my hair…

“Thank you…?” She replied unsurely, looking terribly concerned for the safety of her hair as her eyes darted between the blade and her hand.

“It’s too bad that you’re so damaged…” She said coldly, her mouth twisted in a wicked smile. I hated her once more, knowing exactly what she was implying. What pain of Roxanne’s she was preying off.

“How so…?” Roxy asked, every word wrapped in caution. Releasing her hair, she walked away, swaying her hips lazily.

“Everybody knows…” she reminded Roxy, her laughter echoing in the girl’s eyes.

I wanted her… I hated her. Look at me. Touch me. Consume me.

I hated myself…
♠ ♠ ♠
So I know that this story's a little different in formating as there's no second half. But this was getting so long, I decided to divide the usual halves into two different chapters, which actually works out well for what I wanted to do! Yay for accidents!

A big thanks to creatureofthedark and Ladylillie for all of your support on my story!

Hehe... I have readers...