Into the Eyes of a Killer

Booze and Ghosties Do Not Mix.

Roxy smirked at me. We had just been in the middle of tossing around some theories as to our… otherworldly problem. Unfortunately, we’d also been drinking quite a lot of alcohol in the process. It was one of those generally unsettling nights. The moon was a sinister red that night, the clouds drifting over it. Not quite full… waning… it seemed like a good idea at the time. The creative juices seemed to flow faster when given a little push. Granted, the more alcohol, the more outlandish our ideas seemed to be.

“You know what would be fun…?” Roxy asked me, looking a little… odd… something about her eyes… eh, it was probably nothing. Just paranoia.

“Streaking?” I suggested, the rain outside nice and warm. Perfect for running around in. She just smirked again, leaning in to kiss me. I blinked in surprise. Something seemed wrong… Of course, it could just be the fact that a girl was kissing me. That seemed a little more plausible. Hell, I’m in college… why the hell not? Who needs to know. Setting aside my drink, I returned her kiss, slipping an arm around her waist, for closeness, but mostly for balance. Despite the amount of alcohol we’d had that night, she seemed to be just fine, each movement deliberate. Maybe a little stiff though.

Seeming to throw off all inhibitions, she pushed me back onto the couch, practically tripping me in the process. I laughed, and gave her a light shove.

“Jezus, don’t break me dude.” I giggle a little more as I pulled a TV remote from under me, tossing it aside. She just smirked again and went in for another kiss, more demanding this time, aggressive and dominant. I just went with the flow, preferring to be generally submissive in most situations regardless. She pinned me down to the couch, stronger than I remember her being, keeping my hands pinned above my head.

“Damn you’re aggressive…!” I commented with a laugh, a little disappointed that she wasn’t laughing along with me. She didn’t smile this time, just cut off any more comments with her mouth, growing more irritated with the interruptions. Her hand slid up my stomach and groped my breast firmly. If I wasn’t so drunk, I might have been put off by the pain, but I just went with it, giving in entirely to the moment as I moaned, running my tongue over her lower lip. Roxy took my chin in hand and pushed my head back, kissing my neck almost violently.

“Alright… alright, as much fun as this is… mind being a little gentler? I’m not so much into the rough stuff.” I said, trying to make light of it. However, when she just smirked at me in a dark way, my stomach sank uncomfortably.

“… Roxy…?” I asked cautiously.

“… Guess again.” She replied, her voice deeper than normal. She leaned her head in, mouth brushing my ear.

“I have a message for her… we’re watching… tell her to put on a good show, won’t you…?” After dragging her tongue slowly up my ear, she paused, going stiff before collapsing on top of me.

“… R-Roxy…?” I asked nervously, giving her a light shove to wake her up. “Heey… good morning starshine, the earth says hello…? Oh…” I did my best to try and maneuver out from under her. Even as I started squirming, Roxy groaned, lifting her head up.

“Vicky…? What the hell…? How drunk did we get…?” She asked groggily as she sat up, yawning. I just stared at her incredulously. She cocked her head to the side. “You okay?” I continued to stay silent, my face set in fright. “… Oh shit, what happened.”

“… I… I just… Jesus Christ on a cross!” I cried out, sitting up quickly as I shook my arms out, trying to get the unclean feeling off my body. Roxy gave me a scolding look for taking the lords name in vain, but it quickly turned to concern.

“Ok, seriously dude, you need to tell me what just happened. You’re starting to scare me.” She said cautiously.

“IthinkIjustmadeoutwithaghostwhoknowsSophiesfriend!” I said in a rush, standing up and snatching a pack of cigarettes, still shaking out with each step. “Oh god, oh god unclean. Unclean!” I rushed outside and shakily lit up my cigarette, feeling violated in ways I couldn’t describe. Roxy caught up to me and grabbed my shoulders, forcing me to stop and look at her.

“I get that some shit just went down… but you need to calm down… and tell me what happened…” She explained in a soothing voice. I took a couple deep breaths, followed by a few infused with smoke.

“Ok… so… so some… guy… possessed you and started making out with me. And… and I thought it was you, ya know? And so… so I just kinda went with it, ya know? And they were being all… it was weird, I mean I thought something was off, but I just ignored it. Then you… he… I think it was a he, I mean your voice was lower, so that’d be a he, right? He… you… they… anyways, it’s not important what they did and no, it wasn’t rape or anything… I mean, it stopped before then. Anyways, he told me to… to tell ‘her’ that they’re watching… and to put on a good show…? I don’t know what that means!” I practically yelled, taking another long draw of my cigarette, resisting the urge to cough it all up. Roxy stared at me incredulously.
“Vicky, I am so sorry… are you alright…?” She asked slowly. I just nodded, waving a hand at her.

“Wasn’t you. You don’t need to apologize…” Roxy sighed, running a hand through her hair before taking the pack from me, lighting up her own smoke. “Ok… so there’s someone else… a third party watching this… like some… game show.” I looked at her in horror.

“Game show? Game show!? What the fuck is this shit!? Dealing with her isn’t enough bullshit, but now they’re getting into OTHER people and fucking up everything? No. No! This is bullshit! We have enough goddamn shit to deal with without having to worry about everyone else getting turned and fucking… fucking… Attacking us! Dammit!” I yelled, throwing my cigarette.

“Hey… you need to calm down…” She said quietly, glancing around to make sure the neighbors didn’t hear. We were all pretty sure they thought we were crazy at this point regardless. Roxy stepped in and gave me a hug, making sure not to burn me. “It’s going to be ok… they just said they were going to watch… they were sending a message… it’s alright…” she said soothingly. I just nodded, not crying, not angry anymore. Just… not. I had just pushed everything away. I stepped back and lit up another cigarette.

“We should probably tell the others tomorrow. It’s too late tonight.” I said calmly, taking a long draw. Roxy looked at me with concern.

“…Are you alright?” She asked cautiously. I just nodded with a smile.

“Yeah, I’m fine now.” I said convincingly. A little too convincingly. I think I began to believe it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, pumping out a few at a time. Finally broke the writers block and wanted to get them out while I could.

Comment? Please? I see more readers out there! You should comment and make me haaaapppy! ... ... please...?