Status: I've been working on this for almost five months so I'm really proud!

The New Info Broker

Hell Migrates

I had Izaya wrapped around my finger, just like I said I would do. I was having fun, but he was starting to get boring so I decided to use the rest of my time walking around ikebukoro. It was an interesting place and my first stop was going to be to Shizuo. I wanted to mess with him again, seeing on the fact that he was pretty bothered by the fact that I caught that road sign. I needed him to like me at least for a short while and I though he would appreciate the fact that I was making Izaya's life a living hell.
I was crossing the street when Celty rode past me on her horse. I knew all about what she was and who she was friends with so I was sure she would know where I could find Shizuo. I called out to her and She stopped abruptly and turned her bike around and parked next to me. She tilted her head so show her confusion.
"Celty! I am Karin! I'm looking for Shizuo, could you give me directions?"
She seemed shocked that I knew so many people by name, and went to typing on her phone quickly. She gave me the directions and I smiled at her and went on my way. I bowed and skipped away. I could feel her staring at me, and it made my smile widen.
There were so many people in ikebukoro during the morning time. I mean, there's a lot of people there at any time of day, but right then it was more dense in population than during midday. I had to find Shizuo before Izaya came over me, or I'd never get to talk to him in peace. It was impossible for them to be close and not try to kill each other and it would end up with Shizuo getting hurt.
All the people I passed were way too caught up in their personal lives, they didn't notice me or each other. It was quite sad to see. Humans only cared about themselves.
On my way, I saw two famous teenagers walking to school, and I just had to introduce myself. I walked up to Mikado and Anri with open arms, to make myself seem more comfortable with them. "I've heard quite a deal about you two!"
They both looked surprised and defensive. Anyone who said that could easily be considered an enemy. Anri bowed to me and introduced herself and Mikado soon did the same. They were both as polite as possible.
"Didn't I see you with Izaya-San last night?" Anri asked me shortly afterwords. I cocked an eyebrow up and flashed the demon girl a menacing grin. Time to make Izaya bad.
"he was just so worried about me after Shizuo almost hit me with that sign!" I said, a bit over dramatically and pretended like I was going to faint.
"that doesn't seem like the Izaya everyone else knows." Mikado said skeptically. His voice always sounded nervous and unsure. That boy was so worried of his fragile life getting ruined. His brain was over capacitated. I made myself seem uninterested and and waved my hand up and down, brushing him off.
"Izaya isn't all big and bad once you get inside his head!" I exclaimed. They both widened their eyes. I don't blame them. No one had ever talked about Izaya in such a personal manner before. Surprises were one of my specialties. It gave me an even bigger bonus to know that I just surprised the leader of the dollars and the demon possessed sword girl.
"you got inside Izaya's head?" Anri asked quickly. She was a bit jealous because she had tried to do the same and had failed. It was written all over her body, no matter how well she thought she was hiding it, so I winked at her.
"just keep trying and you'll get it eventually." Mikado of course wouldn't know what we were taking about and it would raise a bit of suspicion in him. Even though Anri has convinced herself that she can't love people, she was afraid of losing Mikado as a friend, so she never told him of her abilities with the demon sword. She tried to hide it the best she could.
"I'm Karin, by the way. A good friend of Izaya's. I have to go talk to Heiwajima Shizuo now." And I strutted away without saying anything else. If I hadn't of done that, they would've started asking a lot more questions, and then they would've known too much in too short of an amount of time. I don't give out everything I know all at once, and they certainly weren't entitled to my vast amounts of knowledge. A few blocks over, I found Shizuo smoking on the side of a building.
"Shizuo~o!" I called out and ran up to him. He seemed a bit taken aback and gave me a cautious glance.
"Shizuo, you don't have to feel bad about almost hitting me with that sign." I said causally and leaned up against the wall with him. He awkwardly looked down at me. I was a lot shorter than him and He wasn't good at dealing with women. Especially women that were close to Orihara Izaya.
"who said I did? For all I know, you're just like me. You did catch the road sign after all." He exhaled a breath of smoke and lazily closed his eyes. I could almost see all the muscles in his body relax. Next to milk, cigarettes were the only thing that calmed him down.
"I could see it in your eyes. It was quite obvious you felt bad. Half because you had missed Izaya and half because I was a soft little girl whom could've gotten hurt."
I could see annoyance rise in him at the mention of Izaya's name. His lower eye started to twitch and he threw his cigarette on the ground and stomped on it.
"how do you know that flea?! I saw you two walking together last night. Don't tell me you're like him, because you're starting to sound like him."
I laughed and punched his arm playfully. He was actually scared of there being a girl version of Izaya because poor Shizuo couldn't bring himself to hit someone of the opposite gender. He also didn't want more people to hate him than the number that already did. All Shizuo wanted was someone who wasn't scared of him. Hitting a girl would not earn him anything but an even worse reputation.
"I'm nothing like Izaya." I said reassuringly. I wasn't lying. Then an evil snarl rose upon my face. "I'm a thousand times better and I'm his worst nightmare."
Shizuo looked at me with an oh really? Expression. I nodded my head. "I told him he didn't have to come with me today and that I was going to come find you. He's going to use you as an excuse to come find me."
That earned me a smile full of hate from the monster Shizuo. "So you're pulling an Izaya on Izaya himself. I like you." He gave me a fist bump. Shizuo was one of my personal favorites. He never followed Izaya's predictions and that's why the info broker hates the beast. He hates me for the very same reason, but since I have the ability to turn everything around on him, he can't seem to leave me alone.
"if Izaya comes looking for me, and I know he will, tell him he'll have to try his best to find me." I said, waving goodbye to my new friend. Shizuo grunted and lit another cigarette.

Next on my list of people to meet was the van crew. They were members of the dollars and always stuck close to home base. It's their van, by the way. Man named Togusa owned it and it was his treasure. Kyohei was well known around these parts too and his gang name was Dotachin. He was confident in himself, and always seemed to stay away from Izaya as much as possible, so he's smart as well. He was pretty easy going and rather nice. He had a very warm personality and was the older brother type.
I could hear Ericka and Walker squealing about some new manga book that was just released in an alley and skulked behind the van. I needed to make my entrance anime worthy. I silently climbed on top and hung upside down in front of the two otakus.
"kon'nichiwa!"
I greeted happily to match their usual states of mind.They would be impressed by my white hair and ask me if I was cosplaying as someone. Ericka was the first to have her jaw drop. Her eyes seemed to sparkle and she pointed at me.
"Who are you?!" She shrieked.
Turning myself right side up again, I remained on top of the van. Their reactions were textbook and I was pleased with myself. Walker was studying my checkerboard yukata closely and couldn't find the words to speak.
"are you a cosplayer?! Or a fairy?!" Ericka screamed. I shook my head and laughed.
"my hair is naturally like this, believe it or not." That earned me another excited shriek and Kyohei walked around the van to see if everything was alright. When he saw me, he cocked up an eyebrow. He knew who I was.
"People all over town are talking about you." I was delighted. Word about me was getting around slow because Izaya wanted to keep me all to himself, so I had to go out myself and introduce myself to everyone alone. My efforts weren't for nothing, it seemed. People were finally starting to talk, and I bet the dollars website was blowing up.
I put on a sly little smile and climbed down from the top of the van. Kyohei towered above me, as did everyone else. It gave me an advantage because then people underestimated me because of how small I was. It made it easier to manipulate them.
"I'm sure all you've heard has been positive!" I smirked and looked around. They were in a back alley between two semi-tall buildings. It was a cool and interesting spot. Graffiti littered the walls, tags from the Dollars, Yellow Scarves, and the Blue squares were what was mostly there. It was mostly out of sight from Main Street, and it was perfect for a van to be parked there. "I'm Karin. I became famous last night I guess you could say."
Walker finally seemed to break. He seemed like he had a million statements and even more questions for me, but only could seem to manage one. He pointed a finger at me. "You're Izaya's love interest! I never thought I'd see the day where that would happen!" Otakus always had a great way of putting things. Kyohei's expression said is that true?
"Izaya is interested in me. He thought he was the king of ikebukoro until I came along. I bother him and he can't get enough of me." Kyohei would respect me if he knew I had piqued the interest of Orihara Izaya. Telling him that would also take away some of the suspicion, but at the same time add more. Was I a good person for taking down Izaya? Or was I an even more dangerous enemy because i can take down Izaya? Kyohei was obviously unsure himself, I could tell by the way his smile very slightly faded. He was still deciding and it seemed to be tough.
"well Karin, I'm Kyohei. Those two are Erika and Walker." I stayed for a while and listened to them talk to each other. Erica and Walker's rambling back and forth amused me for a while, but I was more interested in Kyohei. I really seemed to stump him, and he usually had very good judgement. I met Togusa as well, and he was amazed at how quiet I was when I climbed on his van. He loved that van more than he loved himself, so he was having some coping issues from his past that he didn't want to deal with. That's why people become attached to things. Soon after, I took off again. I waved to my new friends and My search for new people continued.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh boy! an update!