Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

A Thousand Years

Chapter Ten Temptation

Chapter Ten
Temptation
P.O.V. Krissi

It had been about a month since everything happened with Jimmy. I had completed my combat training for that day and Ami insisted that we take a walk. It was the last day of fall and soon winter would be here. The closer we got to my birthday and my change the worse I felt. That heavy weighted feeling that had been with me before Jimmy arrived had returned. Ami looked over at me.

“We don’t need boyfriends anyway”.
She said with a smile placing her hand over mine. I looked at her.
“What do boys our age know about treating women in their lives right anyway? We should wait or maybe find an older guy”.
She laughed lightly.

“Those girls at school the ones who all have older boyfriends they seem happy”.
Ami said. I rolled my eyes.
“They’re prostitutes Ami. They have men paying things for them because they sleep with those men”.
I said. Ami frowned a bit.
“Oh, I didn’t think that’s what it was. I thought they just had boyfriends who were collage age”.
Ami said folding her hands in her lap. I frowned at her.

“That’s what they tell people so they don’t get in trouble and their parents don’t find out”.
I said watching the leafs float away on the wind. In some ways I envied them. Free to go where the wind took them. Not bound to some stupid damn fate where a guy you’ve loved all your life has fear of committing to you. I supposed it was foolish of me to assume that things would work out that way. Jimmy was only seventeen. And like Ami said, he was a guy our age who didn’t really know how to treat a girl. Ami stood looking at the time.
“I should get back. Dad will have my head if I’m late again”.
Ami said. I hugged her tight before we parted ways.

“Oh My god! It’s really her!”
A girl screamed and caused me to look up. I saw a mob of girls rushing towards me. Before I could run they were surrounding me.

“It’s Oni’s girlfriend!”
Another girl screamed happily. I gaped at them not sure what to say. I backed up fast turning and running. I stumbled as I came to a busy street looking back over my shoulder they were closing in on me fast. That was when I felt it. Someone speeding by swept me up by my waste and I was sitting sideways on a motorcycle between the driver and the handle bars. I gaped up at the mysterious driver who saved me from getting mauled. We pulled into an underground parking lot and he removed his helmet.

I gaped at Oni as he smiled at me. His hair had gotten a little longer since I last saw him. I jumped down fast backing away from him remembering what Matt said. Oni stood frowning at me.
“Hime Chan?”
I looked away from him hugging myself.
“Thank you for saving me, but I should go. I promised Matt I wouldn’t be around you anymore”.
Oni stood catching my wrist, I looked back at him.
“If I meant you harm would I have saved you just now? Please let me explain to you what’s going on really”.

I looked up at him not sure what to believe he did just save me. I followed after Oni towards the elevator.
“I guess I should introduce myself formally to you. My name is Aki Yoshikowa, Oni is a stage name. And yes it means Demon or devil”.
Oni said. I hugged myself.

“I do know about what you are, I know more than Matt does that’s for sure. You are not just defender of Heaven, you are its princess.”
He said as the elevator came to a stop and we emerged in this beautiful penthouse. He looked back at me and smiled.
“It’s alright, you can come inside”.
I followed after him looking around more.
“So what do I call you?”
I said looking at him. He smiled at me.

“Aki, you can call me Aki”.
He sighed looking down at the tabloid that sat on the table.
“I’m sorry about this rumor. Some kids from your school posted the video of that friend you have punching me in the face”.
He said. I shook my head looking away from him.
“Jimmy isn’t my friend, I don’t know what he is. A foolish infatuation or something. Maybe he was just my way of holding onto my childhood. I don’t even know anymore”.
I whispered fighting back tears. Aki crossed the room cupping my cheek wiping my tears away.

“I’m sorry he’s hurt you. I have to admit I have my own selfish reasons for asking you up here”.
He said. I quickly looked away from him.
“I have a song my manger wants me to do. But I need someone to sing it with me. It’s a duet and all the girls they’ve suggested are superficial. I was hoping you’d do this with me. And I know you love to sing too”.

I looked at him feeling confused.
“Wait, you want me to sing with you?”
Aki nodded to me.
“Yeah. I know it’s sudden, but I also know there isn’t anyone else I want doing this with me. Matt and your other friends seem to think I’m this bad guy out to hurt you. But really, out of all the guys you know, who’s really caused you the most pain?”

He asked. I diverted my gaze not liking the answer. Jimmy had caused me the most pain. He led me on, used me and led me on again. Age should be an excuse for him to treat me this way. I’ve never done anything but love Jimmy from the time I was small. It wasn’t fair for him to just walk out on me like that.

“Your right, Matt has no proof that you’re the one out to hurt me”.
I said. Aki smiled at me taking my hand in his.
“Aren’t you sick of being a slave to destiny? Do this with me and you will have everything you’ve ever wanted”.

Aki said taking a step closer to me his hand grazed my cheek.
“I know we haven’t known each other long. But you have been like a princess to me from the moment we met. Hime Chan please say you will do this with me. Start worrying about your own happiness instead of everyone else’s”.
I smiled at him.

“You know what Aki, I will do this with you. Your right, I need to stop thinking about people who don’t give a damn about me and put my feelings first”.
Aki stepped in closer his face inches from mine.

“I’m so glad to hear you say that. We can become whatever we want to be, no one to tell us what to do.”
Aki said. I smiled at him giving a nod. I was done living my life the way everyone else said I had do. I was going to do whatever made me happy and the rest of the world could go to hell. If anyone showed me I should be looking out for only myself it was Jimmy.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3