Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

A Thousand Years

Chapter Five This Means War

Chapter Five
This Means War
Matt P.O.V

“God damnit Krissi, where are you?”
I growled to myself as I headed up the street from where she got off the bus. I knew damn well what was happening to her, she was borderline possessed which meant that this Oni guy wasn’t human. Ever since she heard his song on the radio when we were unpacking together she’d “Fallen” for this guy pretty hard and became some fan girl obsessed type that didn’t suite her at all. Ami ran to keep pace with me.

“Matt, maybe we should give her a brake. I mean, if she really likes this guy”.
Ami started. Krissi and I met Ami on our first day at the high school we attended. She was an outcast so of course we clicked. She was like having a second little sister really. Though Krissi seemed to think Ami had a thing for me. I didn’t see it and even if she did, she’d be out of luck, I wasn’t looking to find anyone right now after what happened with Val. And I’d taken an oath, I was Krissi’s guardian that came before romance and any other shit. Krissi was my only focus, my only priority.

“I should have put that tracking device on her phone”.
I cursed taking out my cell as it started ringing again.
“What!”
I roared sounding more than intimidating.
“Whoa who pissed in your corn flakes this morning?”
Brian said from the other end of the phone. It had to be pretty late there for him to be calling. My eyes narrowed slightly.

“No one, why are you calling me Haner?”
Brian snickered.
“Nice talking to you too asshole”.
Brian said. I rolled my eyes as I continued up the street.
“I don’t have time for this shit Krissi’s missing and I gotta find her”.
I could hear Brian suddenly sitting upright.

“Shit! What the fuck did you do? Is he ok? You two brake up?”
I almost asked him what the fuck he was talking about but stopped myself remembering through my blind panic and rage that I’d told them all Krissi and I were together.
“No, we had a little fight and I need to talk to her, apologize or whatever”.
I said trying to sound convincing.
“Why would you do this Matt?’

Brian asked and I could hear the pain in his voice now. I stopped walking as another memory came back on me. Brian asking Jimmy if he was ok with him asking Krissi on a date. He’d asked Jimmy in front of us because he wanted witnesses in case Jimmy didn’t take it well. Krissi and Jimmy were childhood friends before he started hanging out with me and others. They grew apart but her feelings for him never left her heart.

“You knew how I felt about her man and you asked her out anyway”.
Brian continued. I sighed running a hand back through my hair again.
“I don’t have time for this Brian. I need to find Krissi”.
I said.
“You know, Jimmy was right! You are a fucking dick for doing this! I hope Krissi’s Grandmother tells him everything he needs to know and he shows up in Japan just to brake you two up! Then you’ll know how it feels to have someone you trust take the only person you’ve ever seriously cared about from you”.

His words were like a sucker punch knocking the wind out of me. Before I could question him on what he just said the phone went dead.
“FUCK!”
I roared feeling like smashing my phone. Ami frowned at me hugging herself.

“Bad news?”
She asked. I sighed cupping my hands over my face before turning back to Ami.
“Go find Yuki, tell her that Jimmy is trying to find a way to get her and he can’t be allowed to do that. Krissi won’t want him in harm’s way and neither do I”.
Ami nodded running off towards the temple while I continued my hunt for Krissi. I rounded the corner and froze at what I saw my eyes narrowing. Krissi was sitting and talking with Oni Yoshikowa. I stormed towards them.
“Krissi!”
She looked back at me and her smile faded. I walked over bringing her to her feet keeping hold of her hand. Oni smirked at me.

“So, you’re the “Matt” she was talking about. How sad you are so insecure that you won’t let her attend a simple concert”.
I saw the tickets on the table. Krissi hanging her head not looking at me and I knew she was on the verge of tears. Oni smirked never taking his eyes away from me.
“But, I suppose when you are up against someone much better then you. Insecurity comes with that”.
He stood turning to Krissi.

“I will be in touch and look forward to getting to know you more Hime”.
Oni said. My eyes narrowed at him.
“Her name is Krissi”.
Oni laughed turning back to me.
“You misunderstand. Hime is my pet name for her. Unless that too makes you insecure.”
He said with a sly grin. I grabbed the tickets from the table keeping a firm grip on Krissi’s hand. She gaped up at me.
“Matt?”

“I can’t wait to see how bad you fucking suck in person”.
I hissed. Oni snickered at me.
“Too bad you don’t have a band of your own. We could have fun with that you and I”.
Oni looked back to Krissi and smiled at her.
“Don’t forget this Hime”.
He picked a red rose up from the table handing it to her and kissing the back of her hand.

“Until we meet again Hime”.
He whispered making me wanna gag. Suddenly the thought of Jimmy showing up wasn’t so bad after all. As Oni walked away I looked at Krissi crossing my arms.
“Hime? He has a fucking pet name for you? Don’t you find that strange?”
Krissi looked away from me hugging herself.
“Right cause no guy would ever give me one right? I’m that repulsive”.
She hissed sounding hurt. I frowned at her.
“Krissi, you aren’t in the slightest but I don’t trust this guy. Calling you Hime like that, it’s almost like he’s mocking you”.
Krissi narrowed her eyes slightly confused.

“It means Princess, it’s a girl’s Japanese name that means Princess? How is that mocking me?”
She asked turning away. I followed after her.
“Krissi, please don’t be pissed at me, we need to work together now more than ever. Jimmy’s gone to your Grandmother for information”.
Krissi looked back at me giving a heavy sigh.

“Grams won’t say a word to Jimmy. She doesn’t like him much”.
She said slumping back into the wall looking down at her rose. I stood next to her looking towards the street watching cars pass us. We stood in silence before I said anything to her. I knew it was hard for her, having the guy she loved treat her the way Jimmy had. Now he was worlds away and another guy who was charismatic and “attractive” was paying all kinds of attention to her and giving her cute pet names. It was every girls dream come true.

“I know you feel neglected by the guy you’ve always loved. But Krissi, forcing yourself to care about someone else just because they seem interested isn’t right”.
I looked at her however she didn’t meet my gaze.

“You are the kind of person who only falls in love once. Because you get it right the first time. Jimmy obviously loves you if he’s going out of his way to try and get here to “Brake us up” or whatever he’s planning”.
Krissi looked down at the rose she was holding.
“I’m tired of waiting for him. I’m tired of sitting on the sidelines watching other girls get their hearts desire. It’s my turn and if Oni is interested in me I’m not going to turn him down just because you think it’s a good idea”.
She looked at me.

“Do you know that Jimmy was supposed to be my date for the first formal we ever had?”
I turned to her.
“No, I didn’t”.
Krissi looked away from me but I saw the tears rolling down her cheeks.
“Yeah, well he never showed, so I thought maybe I was supposed to meet him there. When I got to the school I found him making out with Avery by the bleachers.”
I instantly felt her pain.

“Krissi, I’m sorry”.
I whispered. She shook her head.
“Yeah well, that’s the kind of guy Jimmy is right? Everyone loves him, but unless you fit into his wild ways, you’re nothing to him. I learned that the hard way. So I won’t tell you again. Moving on is hard enough for me without you making things worse! So butt out of my love life!”
She turned storming away from me. I sighed shoving my fists in my pockets as I looked down. She had every right to be pissed off and hurt. And as much as I loved Jimmy, part of me wanted to hurt him right now.

------------------------------
“I’m Home!”
I called in Japanese as I arrived back at the temple. Yuki called back to me welcoming me home in Japanese. I put the slippers on that were meant for me and made my way towards the kitchen.
“Has Krissi come out of her room yet? Or is she still pissed at me?”
Yuki shook her head wiping her hands on her apron.
“Nope. She’s really upset, and what’s all this I hear about Jimmy?”
I sighed sitting down at the table.
“The guys an idiot, I love him to death, he’s my brother. But he really fucked up with Krissi. Now I guess he realizes that and he doesn’t want to lose her”.
Yuki leaned back on the wall.

“Have you thought of bringing him in?”
I nearly choked on the milk I was drinking as I looked at her.
“What? Jimmy’s mortal, he’s human”.
Yuki rolled her eyes walking over and sitting at the table.
“There was a time lifetimes ago when you and I were just human. Until mentor took us in and made us guardians”.
Yuki said. I looked down.
“I don’t know how she’d respond Yuki. Jimmy he’s really hurt her. The guy was an ass to her and all she ever did was love him. No matter how bad he treated her. Or made her feel like shit, she never stopped loving him”.

Yuki narrowed her eyes confused.
“Now she’s suddenly pissed off about the way he treated her?”
I caught on to what she was saying, it didn’t make sense to me either. That was when I felt it. The pang in my chest.
“Krissi!”
I jumped up running down the hall to her room. After forcing the door open I saw her passed out on the floor bleeding badly. My eyes widened in horror this was completely out of character for her.

“FUCK! Call an ambulance!”
I yelled at Yuki running into the bathroom getting towels and wrapping them around her arm. I cradled her in my arms tears coming to my eyes. I was now surer then I’d ever been. Someone or something was controlling Krissi. Oppressing her and bringing out all her negative emotions. Driving her to a suicidal state. I refused to let the EMT’s take her without me. One of them looked to the other.

“We need someone with her blood type.”
He said. I looked at her knowing we had the same.
“I’ve got her blood type”.
I said taking off my blazer. I hadn’t changed out of my school uniform yet. They looked at me.
“Alright. We’ll do a transfusion once we get to the hospital”.
One of them said to me.

Once we were at the hospital they put Krissi and I into a room once the damage was repaired to her arm. We were hooked up to a device that took blood from me and gave it to her. I held her hand in mine vowing in that moment I’d make whoever caused this pay. As my eyes shifted from her I saw him standing outside the room a sly smirk on his lips. Oni Yoshikowa was watching us through the window and my senses kicked in. It had to be him but I couldn’t tell Krissi, he had some kind of spell over her mind. A spell I couldn’t break. Guardian or not, this was something that only true love could fix.

Oni walked away while I remained at Krissi’s side. Bringing Jimmy in didn’t sound so bad. I took out my cell as it went off seeing Jimmy’s name across the screen.
“Jim?”
I said in a much more somber tone then last time we spoke. Before he could ask what was wrong I opened up to Jimmy and told him everything that was happening with Krissi and with this Oni Character.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3