Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

A Thousand Years

Chapter Eight. Challenge Accepted

Chapter Eight.
Challenge Accepted
P.O.V. Matt

Jimmy and I were heading back towards the class room after our P.E class that day. The girls were in art so we’d be meeting up with them back in the classroom for lunch. Jimmy sighed to himself walking with his hands behind his head.
“You think I could actually be a good guardian?”
Jimmy asked, I smirked to myself looking over at him.

“If you can survive Yuki’s training you deserve to be a guardian. She’s intense and Krissi means a great deal to her, protecting her means a lot to her and to me. She is like a queen and I’m the knight charged with protecting her life. My memories of our past lives together are intense but they are always the same as far as relationship goes. Older brother protecting his little sister”.
I explained. Jimmy stopped turning to face me.

“So you really don’t have romantic feelings for her at all?”
Jimmy asked clearing the air one last time. I smirked to myself.
“I am not capable of romantic feelings for Krissi. It’s something in my blood, I think the gods designed it so I wouldn’t be distracted by romantic feelings for my charge”.
I explained. Jimmy sighed leaning back on the wall.

“What about me? Will I be effected by this if I become a guardian?”
He asked. I shook my head.
“I don’t believe you will Jimmy. I believe the Gods realized they got it wrong by stripping me of the ability to love her romantically. I believe you are a new version of guardian which means you could be stronger than even me.”
Jimmy smirked to himself.

“I doubt that. No one’s ever really had any faith in me before, people always just assumed the worse”.
Jimmy said. I clapped his shoulder.
“I can sense the greatness within you. And that started long before my father told me what I was”.
Jimmy flashed his famous smile before heading towards the change rooms. I paused sensing a shift in the air looking back towards the basketball court outside.

“Go ahead, I’ll be right behind you”.
I said to Jimmy. He headed into the change room while I walked to the court. Oni smirked at me leaning back against the post of one of the baskets. I narrowed my gaze at him.
“I suppose you think you’re smart, figuring me out”.
Oni said grinning at me.

“Being smart has nothing to do with it. Being aware of the likes of you does”.
Oni laughed to himself crossing his arms as he approached me.
“You think you can stand in my way Shadows? That somehow you have the ability to stop someone as powerful as me?”
My eyes narrowed at him as I balled my hands into fists.
“I know I can now that Jimmy’s here”.
I smirked. Oni laughed to himself.
“Yes, your little friend does pose a slight threat to my plans”.
I crossed my arms snickering to myself.
“Yeah right a “slight” threat. He is the one Krissi loves”.
Oni stood just in front of me.

“For now, do you know where those feelings came from Matt? The feelings that made her so dark and depressed”.
Oni said. I stood my ground keeping my eyes narrowed at him.
“Probably from you”.
I hissed. Oni laughed shaking his head.
“I cannot create emotions within her But I can manipulate emotions that where already there. Like say a broken heart from a supposed guardian to be”.
Oni smirked at me.
“You see, if she already feels those things the damage was done long before she met me. She just needed to hit rock bottom before she could realize just what Jimmy is really”.

I laughed to myself shaking my head.
“So what? You think you can rip them apart just because Jimmy was a jerk to her before?”
I said keeping my eyes narrowed at him. Oni grinned at me.
“Not on that alone, but if you add in the fact that Jimmy has his vices and if I give Krissi everything she’s ever wanted. Well she’ll fall for me on her own, then the child of Heaven and the Child of hell will consummate their joining and create the perfect spawn of both Heaven and Hell. And a new age will begin”.
Oni said with a sly smile.

I growled inwardly.
“I don’t know what’s sicker, you thinking that will work or the fact that you would actually use Jimmy’s vices against him”.
Oni turned away from me walking away.
“Watch me then. It will be real soon enough”.
Oni said, and before I could respond he was gone again. I growled inwardly storming into the change room. I needed to get to Krissi before something horrible happened.

As I entered the class room I saw Krissi laughing with Jimmy and Ami. She looked at me and smiled waving. I walked over to her sitting down next to her.
“Krissi, we need to talk”.
She frowned seeing the worry on my face.
“I know you don’t believe me about Oni, and I know you want to see the best in this jerk. But he’s going to hurt you, he means to create a child of heaven and hell with you and he’ll do whatever it takes to get that done!”
Jimmy narrowed his eyes.

“What?”
Ami frowned looking between us.
“That doesn’t sound good”.
She whispered looking to Krissi. Krissi frowned at me placing her hand over mine.
“I want to believe you Matt, but so far all I’ve been able to do is emit light that protects others. I’m starting to doubt that I’m even this benevolent being you seem to think I am”.
I gripped her hand.

“Krissi, Oni wants you to feel that way. He’s oppressing you and your abilities! You must believe me Krissi your life depends on it”.
Krissi looked to Jimmy who kept his arm around her.
“I believe him Krissi, the way that creep looks at you screams “I want you to have my baby” “.
Jimmy smirked. Krissi blushed looking away from him. Ami giggled shaking her head.

“I agree with them. Oni does have a creepy way of looking at you. I think you should stay clear of him too”.
Krissi looked back to me, I squeezed her hand lightly.
“Please just focus on your training and forget everything else! Stay focused on what matters”.
I said. Krissi nodded smiling around at us.
“I guess you’re all looking out for me. If you all feel that Oni is a threat to me. I’ll stay away from him”.
I sighed relieved she finally listened to me. Jimmy kissed the side of her head. I knew having him here was good for her. But a feeling in the pit of my stomach told me that Oni hadn’t even started to fight for her yet.

“So, do you have a girlfriend?”
Ami said out of the blue as we were walking home. Krissi and Jimmy were ahead of us, Jimmy carrying her on his back. She laughed hugging onto him while he gave his crazy demonic laugh running to take her to his “cave”. I looked at Ami and smiled at her.

“No”.
Ami blushed looking away from me.
“Can you have a girlfriend? I mean, genetically you can’t feel anything romantic for Krissi, does that apply to all girls?”

Ami asked. I laughed to myself shoving my hands in my pockets.
“No, I can have girlfriends, I can have feelings for girls other than Krissi. Just not her”.
I explained. Ami blushed a bit turning towards me and I knew what was coming.
“Ami, you’re a sweet girl and a good friend to both me and Krissi. But my priority has to be Krissi. No matter what”.

Ami diverted her gaze and I felt bad for hurting her cause she really was a sweet person , any guy would be lucky to call her his girlfriend. But I couldn’t lie to her and tell her I had feelings for her. Honestly after what happened with Val I wanted to stay single for a while. Val had known what I was and that one day it would separate us. Problem with that was she found someone else before it separated us.

“Oh, I see. I’m sorry I troubled you, I’m an idiot”.
Ami said turning away from me fast I saw the glint of light hitting her tears as she turned away.
“Have a nice night”.
She said before running off. I sighed to myself about to go after her but I knew that would just give her the wrong idea.

“Ami? Where are you going?”
Krissi called to her. The girls normally got together after school and did homework while watching their favorite J-drama on tv. Krissi shot me a hard look.
“What did you do to her?”
Krissi said crossing her arms. I sighed looking away from her.
“She was going to confess feelings for me and I told her I wasn’t interested”.
Krissi punched me in the stomach hard. I was kind of impressed at how strong she’d gotten, she nearly knocked the wind out of me.

“Jerk!”
She hissed before running after Ami. Jimmy shook his head crossing his arms.
“Using that Sanders charm again I see?”
I rolled my eyes flipping him off jokingly before walking away. Jimmy laughed following me. I really did feel bad for Ami she was a sweet girl and I didn’t want to hurt her at all. She was great but I wasn’t in love with her. She was a friend, it was like how a guy would feel about his kid sister’s best friend. And I just didn’t feel any other way about her.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3