You're a cut above all the rest.

[ Brendon Urie ] You're a cut above all the rest.

Image
"Okay let's see. Hair looks good. All clothes are on , including shoes. Let me smell your breath." Melyssa said. We were standing in front of my house. Even though I was a little drunk I noticed different cars , some I didn't recognize in the driveway. All the lights in the house were off , just like they were when I left. Melyssa turned her face to mine and sniffed. "You smell drunk." "That's because I am , weirdo." I poked her in her breast as I giggled. "Stop molesting me Sam" She said , laughing. "You know you like it" I wiggled my eyebrows , atleast I tried. "Manda you have some deodorant in that purse of yours?" She whispered to Manda who was standing behind us in the grass. It was actually a lovely night , the stars were shining bright and a full moon was visible. One of those where I could stare out of the window all night and think about life. My house wasn't that big but it was enough for me and probably another person. I moved out of my parents' house 3 months ago. it was time for me to stand on my own two feet. The neighbours were pretty nice but a little whiny. I couldn't make any noise after midnight or throw 'celebrity' parties. The woman was around 51 years old and was called Irene. Just a typical 51 year old. The man was 55 years old and his name was Roger. I noticed in these 3 months that he likes to go hunting. Not my kind of man. I wouldn't matter because tomorrow I'd be on tour anyway.
"Here" Manda threw the bottle at Mel while she caught it with her hands and started to spray it everywhere around me. I coughed from the smell and I yelled "OKAY ENOUGH." "Ssssh. Not so loud! They're going to hear you! Now , when you open the door , act suprised okay?" Mel looked over her glasses at me. "NO WAIT MEL!" Manda screamed just before Melyssa was about to open the door. "What did I just say? Not so god damn loud! Now what?" Mel answered hushing her friend. "We can't go in , Shaun's going to kill us for letting Sam get drunk!" Manda whispered harshly. "You're right" She was still holding me because I couldn't walk alone, let alone stand on my two feet. "Look" Mel turned her face to mine "I'll call you tomorrow, don't tell Shaun or anyone that we were here , okay?" "Okay" I nodded my head, even though I had no clue what they were talking about. "Act suprised" Manda patted my shoulder as she and Mel left me standing in front of the building.

Inside.

"Would you put that thing on?!" David instructed Shaun nodding towards his bow that was now not on his neck anymore. "But it hurts my Shaun apple!" Shaun replied , rubbing the spot where the bow was before. "For the last time, it's not named after every individual man. Now put it back on , Sam should be here any minute!" David patted Shaun's shoulder and turned around , walking in another direction. He didn't have to go far before finding Mr. and Mrs. Barker , Sam's parents. They both were wearing formal clothing , Mr. Barker a tuxedo and Mrs. Barker a very classy dress. "Mam' you look incredible" David gave mrs. Barker a compliment. "Aw. not as lovely as you." It was true, he was wearing a tuxedo himself. David rarely wore descent clothing, but a tuxedo? This party was way too formal for his own good , but it's still a suprise for Sam , right? "I can't believe you have an 18 year old daughter" He shot her a friendly yet flirting smile. David turned to mr. Barker and said "And you... I can't believe you have a tux that's 18 years old" He patted the sleeve of this ancient velvet tuxedoa and smiled. "It's older than that actually, Nicolas was actually concived right near this tuxedo" The rocker immediately let go of mr. Barker's sleeve and a gross face took over his smile. "OKAY EVERYBODY HIDE , I THINK SHE'S COMING!" Aureelie, Sam's sister yelled at every single person in the room. Everyone hided after something, the couch , the table , plants , closits... David and the rest of the room heard some some fumbling at the door but then silence. Everyone waited another 5 minutes, but nothing came. Shaun came from under the carpet to investigate ; "Okay everybody stay here. I will find out what's going on." He got up, passing David who had also a suspicious look on his face. Shaun opens to door and closes it behind him to turn around and finds me laying against the wall. "Heyyy! You got the door open!" I giggled "Hey-hey are you drunk?" Shaun laughs suspicious "Nooo!" I giggled once more and try to get up with support from the wall behind me. "Okay." I almost fall flat on my face but I manage to catch myself. "Whao." I stand up unsteadily. I turned towards Shaun and hold myself still on his shoulder. "Okay, see I was a little nervous about turning..." I changed my voice in whispering " 18 ". but I continue "So the girls took me out for some drinks..." "I wanna puke on you later" I commented towards Shaun in a flirty voice.
"Okay, here is the thing. We have thrown a very formal surprise party for you in there! All of your friends are in there and your parents even your sister and brother!" Shaun said , holding me steady. "Nooo!" "Yes!" "Nooo!" "Yes!" "Oh no! My parents never saw me drunk!" I took a pause and sighed "...That they know of"
"Okay, here’s the thing. We’re gonna get you some coffee and they will never know that you’re drunk." "Really?! You promise?" Maybe they won't notice I'm drunk then. This would be my only option. I wasn't really sobered up from the deodorant and the cardrive. "Yeah, I'll take care of it." My face was pretty close to Shaun's. "Okay. I love you so much!" I tried to kiss him , but failed. You have to know, me and Shaun were only friends , but when I get drunk I'd kiss a hobo too. Shaun laughed and replied "Okay , we have to do something about your breath." "What about your breath?" My mouth breaths some air in his face. "That’s still yours you smell. Okay, now remember it’s a surprise party. So, when you go in, act surprised." I nodded my head in understanding. "Okay I can do that." "Okay."
Shaun tried to steady my body without me leaning on him. I made sure I wouldn't fall without his support as I followed him toward the door. Shaun opens the door , when I hear everyone scream ;
"SUPRISE!"
".......... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!" I scream overreacting , just a little, scratch that ; a lot. Everyone in the room stared at me as I smiled innocently.