He's the Jock. I'm the Nerd. And She's the Cheerleader

Preface

Flashback: 12 years ago

There was nothing like ice cream on a hot summer’s day and I here I was sitting on a street curb with my mom and my best friend, Zachary. We honestly had known each other forever; well for only being five it was forever. We did everything together. We learned how to walk together, how to ride a bike together. Everything. We even had a secret handshake only we did. And let me tell you it was legit.

Our mothers were weird together, mainly because they did everything together. They became best friends in high school and even had plans (I like to call it a pact) to have children at the same time, hence Zachary and I; weird I know.

----------------------

I can still remember the day quite clearly.

I have curly blond hair in a ponytail with a pink ribbon and a sundress to match. I take a lick of my vanilla ice cream and turn to Zachary who is trying to eat all of his chocolate ice cream before it melts. I look into his big hazel eyes and ask, "Best friends forever?" I hold out my ice cream cone and he puts his ice cream cone on mine.

"Best friends forever, Emma." He replied with a chocolaty smile.

We finish our ice cream and stand up. We do our cool handshake as fast as we could, sticky hands flying.

"Race you back to the car!" We say in unison as we turn and run.

-----------------------

Then I come back to reality.

I find myself sitting in my car, on senior year, with no kept promise from Zachary Miller.

I get out of my car and head towards the school building. It is the first day of school, but I already want it to be the last.

I can just picture it now. Sitting alone at the lunch table like every other year.

My mom says I should try and be more outgoing like when I was in grade school, but she does not know that Zachary and I are no longer friends, leaving at the bottom of the popularity food chain.
It's all because of a monster named Rebecca Baxter. She was the most popular girl in the school with out a doubt, and the biggest you- know- what you will possibly ever meet. The brown haired, blue eyed brunette cheerleader, seething with evil. She is the beautifully popular girl that took Zachary away from me in the seventh grade. Mind you, he was my only friend.

Now, Zachary is, you probably guessed it by now, the jock of the school. He was, well, you know, amazing at football and baseball (expecting to play baseball in college), but honestly after we no longer became friends he contributes little to society and totally filled into the jock role. As other girls put it at our school, he was a “blonde haired, hazel eyed god”. Bye.

Lucky for me, he only says 'hi' to me when we pass each other in the halls on occasion, when we happen to be outside of our houses at the same time, or when our mothers ask one another over for dinner (which actually happens quite frequently).

They would always seamed to tease us about all the shenanigans we used to get into when we were younger; shortly thereafter they usually go off on a tangent about how we never seem to do anything of the sort. Both of us always blame it on maturity and when all is said and done, we would have a good laugh and go right back to pretending like I was invisible.

I push through the doors, with my back- pack slung over my shoulders, as the heat- induced building engulfs me with the smell of a new school year, yay. I push my black- rimmed glasses up my nose again and walk to my locker.

I take a look at my class schedule, grab the textbook I need and head to my first class, American Government. Personally I enjoyed government based learning, it probably had a lot to do with the fact that my father was in the military.

Filling into my nerd status, I sit in the front of the class and wait for the bell to ring.

I hate this government class, in walks the she devil herself, Rebecca Baxter.
♠ ♠ ♠
I found one of my old accounts on here and found this gem from back in the day! I decided to revamp it since I couldn't remember my old password. Enjoy!