Status: Revamped! Woo!

Fall With Me.

Out of Love.

Human emotion.

It’s jealousy when someone talks to your significant other flirtatiously. It’s blood boiling when you don’t get your way. It’s tears streaming down your face when someone you love dies.

Jael once accused me of being emotionally stinted. He had spent the evening bawling his eyes out as he watched Titanic. When I responded with a shrug of my shoulder, he proceeded to ream into me that I’m an emotional zombie.

“First of all, I’ve never seen an emotion other than blasé. Like, you just stare at me with these blank expressions. You’ve never admitted that you love me. Even when I try to walk you through it, you’ve never said it.”

“I just don’t see the point in showing it, Jael. Now, sit down and watch the rest of the movie please. Rose is about to throw the Heart of the Ocean into the water.”

He collapsed on the couch with a huff, but watched the end of the movie. He intermittently grumbled to himself about how he didn’t understand why we were still together if I refused to show that I loved him.

That evening, he asked me to move out. He said he couldn’t waste his love on someone who wouldn’t reciprocate it.

I stared at him for a moment, then got to work packing my duffel bag.

“Seriously?” he growled, following me around as he and I both tossed my things into my bag. “You’re not going to say anything at all to me? You’re not going to say, ‘Jael, it was all my fault, please take me back.’ Just… nothing?”

I turned to him and pressed my fingertips into his jaw. His eyes were shot from crying while watching Titanic, but I could also see the tears welling in his eyes with the knowledge that I was actually leaving.

“Would that change anything, Jael? You already have your mind set. And you always were one stubborn asshole.”

As I walked out the door, he kissed me goodbye and mumbled, “I love you, Sawyer.”

Human emotion.

It’s weakness when you need someone just as much as you need yourself. It’s a way to kill, when the person you love no longer loves you.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ouch.