In the End.

Two

"Goku, how do you do it?" I asked while sitting next to him. He had just gotten back from training and was now eating food as usual.

"How do I do what eve?" He replied while some food fell from his mouth, I rolled my eyes as he frowned that his food hit the floor.

"Save the world all the time and be so happy?"

My eyes landed on him as he swallowed the last bite of his foot, but he didn't look at me. He stared off at the little boy running In the grass laughing, Gohan. "I love saving the world and protecting the universe, it give me a purpose in life. Plus I keep you and my family safe all the time, that's why I'm so happy Eve."

A smile spread across my lips as I looked to Gohan, he had no fear in the world as he ran circles around chi-chi who looked ready to flip out at any moment.


The sound of small beeps pulled me from my slumber, my eyes slowly opened adjusting to the bright lit room.

"Well, look who joins the living." Bulma spoke causing me to look over in her direction, my throat was dry as I took a deep breath.

"Am I dreaming?" My voice was cracked and my throat dry, my hands twitched causing me to flinch from the needling moving under my skin. I hated needles.

"No Eve."

Bulma came over and took a seat at the edge of the bed, a small smile on her face as she gripped my ankle and shook her head. "Thought I was going to lose my best friend, then I would be stuck with the fool that saved you." A small laugh escaped her lips as I creased my brows, she noticed my confusion and stood from her spot.

"Who found me? Why did it take them three months to find me?" I spoke with a bit if anger on my tongue. Bulma bit her bottom lip as she checked over the monitors, her eyes then landing on me again. "Well?"

"Vegeta..." Her spoke in a whisper "I guess he was mad about something and just vanished, and then he showed up with you three days ago." My eyes were wide by now as she continued. "You both were able to fit in a one person pod."

By then my face was red with embarrassment, but yet confusion. Vegeta wasn't the type of person to save someone, he would rather save himself and call it a day. Maybe something had changed since I was gone? Before I could ask the door burst open and Goku ran into the room.

"Eve!" He was at my side in a second with my hand in his, causing me to flinch slightly.

"I'm okay Goku, but I have to say I'm a bit disappointed that you didn't find me." I spoke, as my throat starting to hurt.

Goku lowered his head "I didn't know where to look, I searched for about two months and then ended up coming home." His eyes landed on mine and I could see the tears welling up.

"I'm fine, don't be a baby." A small laugh escaping me lips causing him to smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
How do you feel about this chapter? I promise that it will get better.