Status: I will continue to write on this story, just give me time. My married life and my son are both demanding ^.^

Unbroken

The Adventure Truly Begins

I woke up, feeling stiff from sleeping on the stone floors of the cave. I looked around. Sesshomaru was nowhere in sight. I didn't care to look for him. I felt the undeniable urge to pee and the waterfall only made it worse. I quickly got up, slipped on my bra and underwear, and inched my way into the hot water and through the waterfall. I climbed out of the water, pulled my undies down, and crouched behind a tree.

My mind was immediately with a feeling of pure pleasure as my bladder emptied. All of a sudden, my stomach rolled and I barely had enough time to turn my head and puke. It was mostly bile and highly disgusting. I stood, pulled up my underwear, and wiped my mouth with a shaky hand. I slowly slid back into the water and relaxed. My muscled immediately loosening up.

I looked to the three that had Sesshomaru's kimono laying under it, but it was gone. I sighed, disappointed. 'That's all I needed, a one night stand.' I swam to the falls, walked through the waterfall, and took the steps leading into the mouth of the cave. I grabbed my damp shorts and forced the wet material over my thighs and butt to fasten them.

I looked down at my stomach. I was no more than two months along but you could see the teeniest bulge starting to form. Pretty soon there would be no way in hell that I could wear these shorts.

I stepped back out of the cave and into the waterfall. I made my way to the water’s edge and climbed out, slipping on my flip flops. I walked the way back to where Kilala had dropped me off. The closer I got, the louder the pops and crackles from a fire grew. I could smell the smoke from the small fire and as I emerged from the woods, I saw Rin cooking up a few skinned rabbits. My stomach instantly gurgled in hunger.

I walked to where I had dropped my bag and grabbed a loose fitting tie-dye t-shirt that was blue and purple out from my bag. I slipped it on over my wet bra, not caring. It would all dry eventually. I grabbed the two bottles that my mother had given me, fishing out one of each pill before replacing the lids and placing them back into the bag. I grabbed the water bottle I had there and took the medicine. I seriously did not want to throw up the meal that little Rin was cooking. 'At least Sesshomaru didn't run off like I thought he did.'

I replaced the bottle of water and moved to where Rin was sitting, poking at the fire with a stick. I laid beside her, feeling the warmth from the fire on my cooling skin. I crossed my arms behind my head and watched the clouds slowly make their way across the sky.

"Whatcha doin'?" Rin flopped down beside me, laying the same way that I was.

I smiled and pointed to the clouds. "Sometimes, you can make out shapes in the clouds." I pointed to one that looked like a giant bird.

She giggled "That one looks like A-Un!"

I was enjoying this quality time with this care free little girl.

"Rin." Our fun was interrupted by Sesshomaru coming out of the woods, the opposite way that I came. "Do not let the meat burn."

Little Rin immediately jumped up. She flashed him a big, toothless, grin and sat down where she had been before joining me. She turned the two sticks that held the five skinned rabbits. I smiled at her and looked at Sesshomaru, barely noticing that Kilala came to lay beside me. He looked at me with golden eyes that showed no emotion whatsoever. I focused my attention at the feline instead, rubbing Kilala's ears and beneath her chin.

"After we eat, we need to leave." Sesshomaru's voice was flat, emotionless.

I didn't know if that included me or not and I wasn't exactly sure how I felt about either. I was still utterly confused about the events that transpired last night and how I felt complete around Sesshomaru.

I closed my eyes against the brightness of the sun and before long, Rin was nudging me. "Lady Angel, the food is ready."

I sat up, and stretched, popping my neck in the process. She handed me the stick that had two rabbits on it and broke the other stick for her, Sesshomaru, and Jaken. I pulled one of the rabbits off of my stick and laid it in front of little Kilala and watched her lick it before attacking it with her teeth and claws. I gratefully ate mine, glad to have something on my stomach, happy that it wasn't fish this time. Jaken waddled into the woods, trying to find Sesshomaru to give his breakfast to.

Once Kilala, Rin, and I were finished eating, we saw Sesshomaru and Jaken leaving the woods. Wordlessly he began walking, moving towards the north. Jaken followed behind Sesshomaru obediently while Rin climbed onto the back of A-Un.

"Come on, Angel." She waved at me and gave me a huge grin. I stood and Kilala transformed. I grabbed my bag and climbed onto her back. She took off in the air and together, Sesshomaru's group and I began to travel.

When I was in the air away from Sesshomaru, I felt the pull begin to manifest itself again. It hit with such force that I nearly toppled off of Kilala. We were going in the right direction, but something told me we had to hurry. Unlike the others, Kilala and I didn't have to ask Sesshomaru's permission to leave. We quickened our pace, heading to whatever it was that was pulling on my spirit so hard.

I glanced behind me. Jaken and Rin were flying on A-Un while Sesshomaru was flying ahead of them. They were following me and part of me felt very pleased. That feeling only confused me more.

The closer I got to the source of the pull, the harder it, well, pulled. Before too much longer, I came across a piece of desolate wasteland. Kilala landed and I practically fell off of her in my haste. I fell to my knees on the bare dirt that was surrounded by trees.

"What happened here?" I couldn't grasp why I was led here or for what purpose.

I sensed the other land behind me but didn’t acknowledge them. Something to my left caught my eye, a girl dancing with ribbons twirling all around her. I turned to look at her but she vanished. Out of the corner of my left eye, I saw an elderly couple walking together, holding hands. The woman had a slight hump to her back and she wore a bright orange kimono while her husband wore navy blue. When I turned to look at the couple, they had vanished.

My senses were hightened now. I could feel everything around me; Kilala's breathing, A-Un's heartbeat, Rin's nervousness, Jaken's skepticism, and Sesshomaru's impatience.

The hair on the back of my neck prickled and I flung myself backwards right when land that I had been sitting on crumbled away. Every which way I turned I saw a different person in brightly colored clothing, dancing, singing, laughing. The hole grew wider and Kilala moved to my side, getting out of the way.

Inching to the edge I looked in the hole. Beneath the dirt stood what remained of a village that stretched beyond the little bit of light that the hole provided. It wasn't more than five feet down, and without thinking, I swung my legs over the edge and jumped.

I stood there, dumbfounded. I didn't remember the name of the village, but I did remember the layout and what some of the buildings looked like. As I watched, numerous holes appeared, bringing light to the once darkened village.

I cautiously moved forward, running my hands over the short stone wall that once separated a large and elegant house from the rest of the town. Now all it held was a pile of red and white rubble. I moved further in, hearing Sesshomaru behind me as I went. On my left, opposite the house, there had been a market for trade. Brilliant colors had once been stitched together in a checkerboard form to allow light to flow between the cloth tiles to help shield the hot sun from its patrons. Now all that remained was splintered wood.

I kept moving forward, unsure of what I would find but knowing that whatever I was being led to could either answer all my questions or bring me even more questions.

I moved past broken wood, crushed stone, and many structures that lay in piles, hinting at what they once more. I couldn't see what I was being led to, but it seemed like I knew where to go. I came to the center of the town where a white marble fountain once stood proud. Now, it was cracked, in pieces, and didn't look anything like it once did.

I turned left as more holes opened up to give me light on my journey. Sesshomaru didn't say anything as he followed me, but I could tell that he was on high alert. The path ended and I could go either left or right. I closed my eyes and turned right, willing the pull to lead me where ever I needed to be.

I came to a set of stairs that vanished in the darkness. Before I could become chicken, I began to descend them. When I was about half way down, the earth rumbled and I screamed. Sesshomaru was instantly picked me up and landed on the top of the stairs.

A massive hole opened up above us lighting up a seemingly untouched shrine. I began to walk down the steps a gain, moving towards the shrine. When I hit the bottom step, the entire view changed.

The shrine stood proud, its white walls shown vibrantly, its red arches stood proud, its green roof glistening. The decaying trees stretched, growing into beautiful fully blossoming sakura trees. The dirt sprouted grass that grew to a vibrant green. I gasped at the beauty that was in front of me, a beauty that should not be there.

Sesshomaru stepped beside me, on edge. He didn't say anything as he looked around, his eyes focusing on his surroundings, taking in every strange detail.

The doors to the shrine opened up. "Come, my child. You have much to learn."

I didn't hesitate. I walked the distance to the shrine, climbed the four steps that were there, and walked through the doors.
♠ ♠ ♠
Its going to be harder for me to wright for the next week or so. Please be patient with me! It gets stupid busy here at work after the 1st lol