Status: I will continue to write on this story, just give me time. My married life and my son are both demanding ^.^

Unbroken

The Hunt Begins

I woke up to the sun glaring in my eyes and to a soft ‘tink, tink’ coming from outside. I sat up and stretched, groaning as my body rebelled against sleeping for too long. Cool air met my nipples and I squeaked in shock as I realized I was naked under the covers. I pulled the blanket up and wrapped it around my breasts, using my arms to hold it in place as I began to eye the room around me hoping to find something to wear.

The silky blue kimono blended in with the blue blanket. I reached for it, my fingers running over the cool soft fabric. I picked up the blue kimono and saw the thicker white one beneath it. I laid the blue kimono down and grabbed the white one. I quickly climbed out of bed, my feet touching the cold wooden floor, and wrapped the white kimono around my body before pulling the blue one on. I ran my fingers through my hair and slowly made my way to the large window.

My eyes first saw the beautiful blossoms drifting on the wind from the various trees that stood tall in the courtyard. Then my eyes focused on the two men who were standing in the middle of the clearing, fighting. I gasped and focused on them more. Sesshomaru was a blur of movement as he fought his opponent. The man he was fighting and long brown hair and black armor on. I watched this frenzy for a while, both men attacking, blocking, and dodging attacks. Then, Sesshomaru stopped and stood in front of his opponent. He sheathed his sword and the brown haired man bowed to Sesshomaru before retreating to a large wooden structure.

Sesshomaru turned his golden gaze to my window, his eyes finding me watching him. He began to walk towards the front doors of the building and I began walking to the door of my room. I reached for the handle but before I could open it, Sesshomaru pushed the door open, causing me to take a step back. He grabbed my arm roughly and pulled me to him, his face moving to my neck as he inhaled my scent. I blushed feeling him sniff me. His lips touched the soft curve of my neck sending shivers over my body. He took a step forward, moving me with him, causing me to move backwards.

The door suddenly banged open and I nearly jumped out of skin. Sesshomaru took a step away from me, annoyance showing on his face as little feet made a pitter patter sound and I felt tiny arms wrap around my waist.

“ANGEL!” Rin exclaimed, a wide smile on her lips. “I have missed you so much!” She pulled back and examined me. “When Lord Sesshomaru brought you here I was very worried. Lord Jaken refused to let me see you. He said that you were not well. Are you okay?”

I looked into the big brown eyes and smiled, kneeling down to her level. “I’m fine Rin. Sesshomaru saved me from a very bad demon and I must have got overly scared and fainted.” I lied, trying to keep the truth of my death and resurrection a secret from the innocent ears of Rin. “Sesshomaru brought me here to recuperate.”

I glanced at Sesshomaru who was looking at me confused, wondering why I was lying to the little girl. Through our bond I conveyed my worry for Rin, hoping that he would understand that a child her age didn’t need to know that I had died.

“Angel, I have so much to show you!” Rin clapped her hands and a fierce look of determination appeared on her face. The look plainly showed that there was no way that I could get out of it. “Meet me at the front door in…” She paused and scrunched her face, thinking. “Ten minutes!” She exclaimed and ran out the door.

I looked at the retreating Rin with disdain and looked up to see the hungry lustful eyes of Sesshomaru. I stood and turned, heading towards the closet to grab a pair of sandals. I figured that Rin wanted to take me on a grand tour of the areas outside of the castle. I bent down to grab a pair of sandals from the shelves in the closet and straightened then I paused. I felt Sesshomaru’s presence as he stood in the doorway. I didn’t even have to turn around to tell that he was there. I smiled and turned to face him and seeing his face, my smile fell. His eyes were hidden in the shadow of his bangs and his smile was pure evil. I took an involuntary step back, knowing that I was cornered.

With amazing speed, Sesshomaru charged at me and grabbed my neck. The sandals falling from my fingers as he pinned me to the wall, lifting me until my toes left the floor. The pressure on my neck was so intense that my vision started getting spotty and my lungs began to ache from the air that I couldn’t exhale.

“You will listen to me, and listen to me well, woman.” The voice sounded like Sesshomaru’s but it was a little deeper, a little strained, and the tone was all wrong. “You had the woman who raised me killed, and I will in turn kill you.” He smiled again, showing me his pointy fangs.

I clawed at Sesshomaru’s hand, trying desperately to get him to loosen his grip on my neck. My vision became tunneled and my ears began to ring. I scratched at Sesshomaru’s hand until it began to bleed. I saw his eyes look up and horror appeared in the golden orbs. His fingers loosened and I let the air out of my lungs only to inhale sharply. I became extremely light headed as the blood rushed to my head and I began to hear my heart beat in my ears. Sesshomaru slowly lowered me until my feet touched the floor and he pulled his hand away from me. I slid the rest of the way down until I was siting, my hand on my aching neck.

“Angel.” He whispered my name and I felt regret through our bond.

I tried to speak but couldn’t my voice wouldn’t work right now. I coughed and winced as pain flared in my throat. Sesshomaru knelt down in front of me. How could I tell him that I was okay? That it wasn’t him but the child that I gave birth to? I tried to speak again, only to fail. Instead, I grabbed the front of Sesshomaru’s kimono and buried my face in his chest, refusing to let him go. He stiffened, unsure of my actions.

Through our bond I conveyed my love for him. I didn’t allow the anger that I felt growing inside of me to move through the bond. I didn’t want the man I loved to thing that I was angry at him. I sat holding onto Sesshomaru for a few minutes until he finally snaked his arms around me and helped me stand. He removed my hand from my neck and I saw the same horror as before move across his eyes. I knew that bruises were beginning to form where his fingers had dug into me. I was lucky that his claws didn’t pierce my skin.

Sesshomaru lifted me and carried me to the bed, setting me down on the soft covers. He poured me a glass of water and I downed it in seconds, grateful for the wet goodness to slide down my sore throat. I cleared my throat and tried to speak again. My voice was hoarse but I knew he would be able to hear it.

“Sessho-“ I paused, not able to finish his name without wincing. “It was Katsu….” I winced again. “…ro.”

Sesshomaru’s eyes narrowed. “I will not allow him to live.” It was a promise, I heard it in Sesshomaru’s tone.

I felt a knot in my stomach being to form as I shook my head violently. “Please…”

Sesshomaru looked at me, coldness in his eyes. “What did Katsuro say?”

I hesitated, unsure. I hadn’t seen Sesshomaru act this way in a long time. He was very distant, cold, and demanding. “He…” I swallowed, pausing. Sesshomaru sent me a glare. I knew I couldn’t lie to him. He would be able to tell instantly through our bond. “He said that…” I winced as my voice cracked. “He would kill me.”

Sesshomaru suddenly stood. “Meet Rin by the doors. She is waiting for you.” He turned and began to walk to the door.

“Sessho….” I still couldn’t say his name. I coughed and stood quickly, running to catch up to his long strides. “Don’t kill him!” It was meant to be a yell but my voice came out just above a pained whisper.

Sesshomaru paused. “Meet Rin at the door.” He slammed the door and when I opened it, he was gone.

I sighed heavily and rubbed my sore neck. I walked back to the closet and grabbed the sandals that were scattered on the floor. I stepped into my room and looked into the decorative mirror that hung above one of the dressers. Bruises were beginning to appear on my neck. I grimaced and rubbed the sore places and walked to the door. I slipped my sandals on and marched down the stairs that lead to the front door, not really paying attention to the decorations or the building. My mind was on my son, Katsuro.

I was greeted by the excited Rin. She was literally jumping for joy. Oblivious to my wonderings, she grabbed my hand and darted out the door. Warm air immediately met my skin and I sighed at the winds gentle caress. I looked around, hoping to find Sesshomaru but knowing that that was going to be an impossible task.

Rin drug me to the left of the large castle like building and proceeded to show me all the different flowers that grew in the large garden. She was rattling out names, stumbling over the bigger words. I caught her in the middle of pointing out different colored roses.

“Rin, where is Ah-Un being kept?” She giggled at my question.

“In the stables, of course!” She turned and actually looked at me. Her brown eyes growing wider as she saw the bruises on my neck. “Angel! Are you okay?” Concern filled her face.

I smiled and nodded. “It’s nothing. Sesshomaru merely got too excited when he kissed my neck.” I smiled at the fib. It was becoming a dirty habit when it came to lying to the poor child. At least my voice was back although a bit raspy. At least Rin didn’t notice. “Why don’t you play here? I want to go visit Ah-Un.”

Rin smiled happily. “Okay! I will make you a flower crown!” The little girl skipped off, leaving me to pounder where the stables were.

I turned and walked the opposite way that Rin took me, looking for buildings that resembled the stables. Finally, behind the large building, I spotted Ah-Un grazing happily on some grass. As I approached, one head came up to look at me followed by the other one.

I stopped in front of the creature. “Ah-Un, I have a favor I need to ask of you.” The dragon tilted one of its heads, as if listening. “Sesshomaru is after Katsuro, my son. I need to follow Sesshomaru before both of them get themselves killed. Can you help me?” The dragon huffed and bowed his heads to me. I smiled at the kind creature. “I will be back in ten minutes.” I turned and dashed off to the castle, hoping to find my weapons and armor.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long to update! So much has happened that I've been neglecting my story! First, trying to fight off the nausea and the general blah feeling from being in my first trimester didn't give me the motivation to write. Second, when I finally started this chapter after feeling better, my mom wrecks and totals her car. (her and my brother are fine.) So I've had to be super helpful to my mom, plus work, and my son. Finally, my job has really been watching people closely. They fired on of my friends for no reason except to set an example. So I've had to be extra cautious. I hope yall enjoy this chapter and hopefully it wont take me so long to update!