Status: I will continue to write on this story, just give me time. My married life and my son are both demanding ^.^

Unbroken

Betrayal

I woke with Nakaru laying in bed with me. He wasn't asleep, but he simply watched. I rolled over, facing him. Against my leg I could feel his stiffness pressing against me. I smirked as his lips met mine and I climbed on top of him, vowing to rock his world like he did mine.

A few hours later, and after a bath, Naraku took me to a room that housed many different weapons. Axes, swords, and daggers glistened on the walls. Bows, arrows, and maces hung on racks in the corners. In the center of the room there was a glass case with two weapons that I had never seen before.

"Take them, Akumi." Opening the case, Naraku gestured towards the weapons.

I walked to the case and picked up one of the weapons. It reminded me of the letter D. the flat edge of the 'D' was rapped in black leather and a deep brown material that was softer, to produce a good grip. Along the curve of the 'D' shape was a very jagged blade that would tear into flesh with ease. It wasn't that heavy, surprisingly. I picked up the other blade and got into a fighting stance.

"Very good. Here are the sheathes for those blades." Naraku stepped towards me and fastened a belt around my waist.

I sheathed the hand scythes as Naraku led me out of the room and down the dimly lit hall. We entered a door that hid a large room with a lone table in the middle. On the table there were many drawings of various quality. One had the woman from strange vision last night. The others had pictures of different people.

"Akumi, I need you to steal the remaining jewel shards form Inuyasha." He picked up a picture of a man and a young woman and sat it in front of me before continuing. "This is Inuyasha and his winch. They have others that travel with them. Kill them all and return the fragments of the Shikon jewel to me.

I bowed to Naraku. "Yes my lord."

"Suit up for battle, Akumi."

I turned and left the large room. I traveled through the stone hall way, up the stone steps, and into my room. Hanging against the wall is what I knew would be my armor. It was midnight black and had blue armor plates on it that matched the blue in my hair. I put it on. It hugged every curve. The fibers were tough so I knew it wasn't an ordinary fabric. I pulled my hair up so half hung down while the other half was in a small bun on my head. I secured it with two pins that were the same color as the armor plating. Finally, I pulled on a pair of black boots that went to the middle of my thigh. I turned and made my way out of the small castle.

Then, I began my search for this Inuyasha character.

*Kagome's Point of View*

We had been searching for Angel for over a month and the longer it took, the more depressed I got. My mom and I had already went and spoke to Mrs. Baxter about Angel. She broke down crying immediately. My mom has gone every day to check on her since then.

I was sitting on the floor of Kaede's shack, looking blankly into the fire that burned brightly there. The smell of wood burning surrounded me.

'Poor Angel...I should never have brought you here.' I felt miserable.

Kaede told me what she had told Angel, saying that she was the reincarnation of Haruki, the sister of Midoriko. Kaede also went on to describe that as soon as Angel fell asleep, she was whisked into nightmares. Kaede had left early to pray at the shrine and to ask that Angel be able to understand what her destiny would be. When she returned, Angel was gone.

We tried to follow her scent, but it had since rained and Inuyasha couldn't get any baring on where she was. All we had known was that she was traveling North. When we followed what little trail there was, we ended up losing her. We never found any trace of her.

"Come on Kagome." Shippo came into the room, he was deeply concerned for me. Sango and Miroku also showed their concern, but I knew Inuyasha never would even though I had been traveling with him for well over a year.

I let the little fox take me outside where Sango handed me my bow and arrows. The three of us walked to the shrine where Miroku and Inuyasha were in deep discussion with Kaede. At the sight of Sango, Miroku smiled.

"Ye suspect that Naraku has all the shards except for the ones that Kagome carries?" Kaede looked at Inuyasha sternly.

"I already said that, Old Woman." Inuyasha barked back.

"We need to find Naraku and get the jewel from Naraku before he manages to complete it." I said as I neared the three people.

Inuyasha smirked. I knew he had something smart assed to say but something in the look on my face made him shut up.

Tears were welling up in my eyes. I couldn't take this guilt. I turned and ran down the steps to the shrine, back into the village, then into the clearing where the well sat.

"Oh, Angel..." I sighed.

"Still crying over that human girl?" Inuyasha didn't think before speaking, like usual.

I clenched my fists, tears pouring down my face. "What do you care? You didn't like her. If it were Sango, Miroku, or Shippo you would have spent forever searching for them!"

I felt arms wrap around me as Inuyasha pulled me into a tight embrace. "We won't stop looking for her, Kagome. I may give you hell, but I would do everything in my power to make you happy."

I turned in his arms, clinched his red kimono in my hands, and buried my face in his chest. I cried like that until I heard the others come out of the forest.

"Will she be ok?" I heard Shippo ask.

"Shes hurting right now, Shippo. Her best friend is still missing and we have no clue as to where she is." Miroku told the little fox.

I sniffled and Inuyasha let me go. "Can we try one more time?"

He knew exactly what I meant, so he simply nodded. Shippo and I got on his back while Sango and Miroku got on the back of an enlarged Kilala. Together we all went North, hoping to run into some clue as to what happened to Angel.

After an hour or two of traveling, I began to sense the presence of Jewel Shards.

"Inuyahsa, I sense jewel shards coming from over there!" I pointed to our left and Inuyasha changed course.

"How many?" He asked as he jumped over a fallen tree.

"Four or five." I could vaguely tell the amount.

"So not Naraku then." This wasn't a question. Inuyasha kept running through the trees until we reached a large clearing with a long and wide jagged space between the two sides. There had to have been a river at the bottom of the cliffs because I could hear water running.

We came to a stop. Miroku and Sango got off of Kilala, who stayed her large size. Shippo and I got off of Inuyasha. We faced the opposite shore.

Standing not far from the forest was a woman. She looked to be a demon who wore black and blue armor. She had white blonde hair with a very pretty blue underneath.

"Inuyasha, she has the shards. They are in her back." I pointed at the woman.

"Just like Kohaku." I heard Sango whisper.

Miroku spoke up next. "She isn't alone."

A swarm of Naraku's large flying wasps hovered above the forest behind the demon.

"Inuyasha! I have come for you!" The woman yelled.

I froze. I knew that voice.

Inuyasha pulled out his sword. "Heh, watch this." He raised it above him, ready to unleash an attack.

I panicked. I couldn't let him kill her.

"SIT BOY!" Inuyasha went face first into the dirt, his sword lying beside him.

The woman across from us let out a bubble of laughter and at that moment, I knew I was correct. Inuyasha shot up and shook his fist at me.

"WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO THAT FOR?!" He was furious.

"Because," I paused, everyone watching me. "That woman is Angel."
♠ ♠ ♠
I wont be able to write any this weekend. So, this is my last chapter until Monday! :) It would have been longer, but I'm at work and have to leave for the weekend. Laterz everyone!