Status: Brand new! <3

All Out of Faith

Nice to see you all tonight.

I walked out on stage nervously to be greeted with a large, applauding crowd and four important people sat no more than fifteen feet away from me. I offered a small wave a smile. After my friends encourging words, I felt like I'd be fine. But at the same time, I was afraid of messing up. Simon looked up at me and nodded. "Hi!" I smiled enthusiastically, making Nicole and Mariah smile and Simon and Louis look at each other.

"Hello sweetheart, what's your name? And what're you going to sing?" Simon asked. I smiled and flicked my fringe from my face, clearing my throat. I looked out to the crowd in disbelief. There were hundreds of people and they were about to watch me perform.

"Well, uh, I'm Lola Thomas and I'll be singing I Was a Fool by Tegan and Sara." I smiled, being sure to keep up with my up-beat self. I glanced to the side of the stage. I know that if I didn't get a yes, I'd have made two new friends for life. I smiled and tucked my hair behind my ear as Simon gave me a thumbs up.

"And how old are you?" He asked. I smiled and looked out to the crowd again, seeing my Mother and a sign with my name on it. I grinned widely, revealing my teeth.

"I'm sixteen." I laughed slightly. The judges nodded and I exhaled away from the microphone, seeing Liam give me a thumbs up from the sidelines. The music began and my cue came. I began to sing, making applause erupt from the audience. I smiled as I sang, putting all of the effort I could into my performance. I loved every second of being on stage, of singing my heart out, my voice taking over the speakers.

All I could feel was all the nerves I felt disappearing as I clutched to the microphone. I glanced to the side again, lways happy when I saw Liam and Sierra stood there with a curly haired boy. I sang the high note in the chorus and (luckily) nailed it, making the crowd applaud. The music stopped after the first chorus and I smiled, brushing my hair from my face nervously, the crowd standing on their feet to applaud me. I blushed a deep red and I stood on the X on the centre of the stage, neatening myself out for the judges.

Once the audience had died down, Simon spoke into his microphone, looking at me with a smile.

"Lola, to think you're sixteen, having a voice that powerful is a gift." He spoke, making me crack the widest smile. "I loved every second of that performance, your stage presence is amazing and your voice is even better." I thanked him, biting down on my lip to stop myself getting emotional.

Louis was next to speak. "Wow!" He laughed. "I was not expecting that." He spoke in his strong, Irish accent. I laughed and nodded in understanding. "That was amazing, Lola. Honestly, you have a lovely voice." He spoke, moving on to Mariah, who didn't have much to say except for that I was good. She was a tough judge.

I smiled at Nicole, who smiled back and gave me a thumbs up. "Truly amazing!" She spoke into her mic. "I'm going to give you a yes!" I laughed and said a sheepish thank you into my microphone. I got a yes from Louis and a no from Mariah, but I didn't care. All I wanted was to get through, to prove to everyone I could do it.

"It's a yes from me." Simon smiled, giving me a thumbs up. I squealed and thanked him, running off stage happily. I tackled Liam and Sierra into a hug and all I could say was 'oh my god' over and over again, the cameras focused on me. I had actually gotten through. I had succeeded and proved everyone who doubted me wrong.

I wiped the tears from my eyes and looked at my new friends, sniffling slightly. "Oh my god." I laughed. "Guys, guys I'm through!"
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you enjoyed this significantly longer chapter!

All my love,
Effy x