Status: 1st installment in the 'An Open Mystery' series

An Open Mystery:The Vow of the Bright Light

Ten: Basic Training/ Big Decisions

"Okay beginners. Today your training begins. We'll be using what the humans call 'basic fighting. We'll be mostly focusing on footwork training. To help dodge an opponets attack, or to land one of your own. Yes we have magical abilities and whatnot, but we still have to protect ourselves from the humans. A combination of both with the added ability of swordsmanship will give us the undeniable amount of strength and courage to defeat our opponets." explained Sam as Austin watched intently and the girls laugh. "Guided Warriors pay attention, you'll need it more then we ever will."

"And why is that?" questioned Cynthia with her eyebrow raised.

"Because you need to learn how to be quick on your feet. As for us we are expected to use potions, spells, ect. etc. Are you guys ready to train."

"I guess so." said Austin shaking is head as he tried to contain his laughter.

"Okay today we'll be learning seven things. Most that will fall into the category of both Kick-boxing and Boxing."

"And how do you know all this, for a wizard of course." joked Austin. He watched as Sam's face kept it's serious expression. His entire demeanor screamed that this was soemthing he was serious about, but they couldnt't help themselves from cracking a few jokes. It was just to easy. Once the laughter died down Sam began to speak again.

"My uncle does basic training for people who think they are interested in MMA style fighting. Most don't last of course. We can't pratice with other of course, because we have to train using hand-eye-magic coordination." He winked finally catching everyone's attention they way it should've been from the beginning. "Okay first, you'll get into a fighting stance. One arm up to protect the face and the other arm a little lower to protect the body. Now, depending on which is you dominant hand, is the hand you'll lead with. Meaning if you're right handed and your right foot would be your leads. Got it?" They all nodded their heads yeah.

"Alright, we're going to start with the kicks as I explain them I'll also be giving you a visiual. The first is the front kick. It uses either foot to excute with the heel of said foot. Like this.. Next is, the roundhouse kick. a circular kick that can be done of every length of the body. From knee to head. For this one you'll need to use your lead leg. Like this...and last is the sidekick. It is said to be the strongest of the three. You'll need to keep your foot flexed as you kick out. It's meant for a body strike. Like this... Okay now we'll learn a few punches. I will not be able to provide a visual aid for those. First, a jab, straight punch using the same arm as your lead foot. Next, a cross punch, so basically it uses the rear hand to throw a punch. Like this... okay, now a hook shot. Its a punch thrown in a circlar motin with a uppercut. An uppercut of course is a punch intended on landing on under the chin. Lastly, is a overhand.

It's a punch thrown with yor back hand and travels over you head in a looping fashion. Now that that is done. Let's get started. Cynthia, the fact that you can manipulate both the mood and mind is a great advantage for you. Use the wind to make your attacks and counter attacks even more powerful. As for you Austin, you're Illusion is also a great advantage, but it can also be a disadvantage. After every other attack you need to have a fireball ready for attack. Throwing fire after each kick is also great. Also, these do only apply if there are dark versions of us of course, if we are to fight in the forest or over vast areas of lands Cynthia you need to get better intune with the use of your earth element. Same goes for you Austin with the water element. Because they are so rare, it'll be an unexpected thing. If we so happen to fight where land meets sea, what you'll be able to do is unlimited. Trust me."

They all laughed as they watched Sam's excitement and for the next four to five hours the trained. Being to tired and slightly sore to do anything else they headed for the deli. One the way there they were stopped.

"Austin, I thought that was you. Oh, I guess the rumors were true. As long as you're happy with her man that's all that matters."

"What are you getting at Jack?" asked Austin ready to attack. It was something different about Jack and he could hear it in his voice.

"Doesn't matter. Not here for you. At least not yet." He said before turning towards Sam. "Isn't it good to see you again."

"How do you two know each other?" asked Karma only to be glared at by Jack in return.

"You might as well tell her. Seeing as it's time to make your choice. I won't come second anymore. You need to decided Sam, me or her?" he said meanicingly in the darkest voice he could muster up.

"Well?" began Karma her mind jmping to random accusations, but nothing could prepare her for what she heard.

"He's my brother, and apparently he's gone over to the dark side. He's a dark wizard."

"And it's all thanks to you big brother..."
♠ ♠ ♠
Super fillerish and a cliffhanger. Sorry. Promise the next one will be better.