Status: 1st installment in the 'An Open Mystery' series

An Open Mystery:The Vow of the Bright Light

Eleven:Witchnapped

The two stared at each other. One filled with hatred. The other filled with love. Sam didn't want to hurt his brother, but he knew Karma was his destiny. The one he was meant to spend his entire life with. Jack just wanted his brother back, but once you turn to the dark you are their forever. Nothing could ever bring you back to the side of the good. It was a binding contract and if said contract was broken you'd be soulless.

"Jack, it is not my fault. If you want a fight so be it."

"I do not wish to quarrel with you." He said turning his back on them only to send a blasting ball of green light towards Karma. She stood there frozen in place. A stunning spell.

"the spirit is bright together we're one use the light and the shield is done" he said flinging his hands towards Karma before turning back to Jack and hurling a blast of blue light at him.

"How cute a shielding spell followed by a water charm. Give me your best."

"I don't want to hurt you!" He yelled as Jack laughed in his face.

"Then so be it big brother. I'm ready to go, blinding light let it show." He threw his hands out in front of him blinding Sam, Austin and Cynthia. By the time the light had vanished so had he and Karma. They stood there speechless.

"Where is she?" Asked Cynthia concern etched on her face.

"H-he took her." Replied Sam dropping to his knees in disbelief. He felt like someone had ripped his heart out. How could he had let this happen? The wind began to pick up to about 60 miles per hour. Their hair was flapping viciously against their faces. Roots began to sprout out from the ground sealing them in a cage of vines. The air became suffocatingly hot with a misty dew lingering in the air. To passerbys this would be suspicious, but Sam knew exactly where this was coming from. "Guys, be angry with me. I'm the one who failed to save her."

"He got the best of you Sam. He got the best of all of us. He's always been a little cheater. Never thought he'd go this far." Before either of them could say anything else. A bright white light that was quickly becoming familiar began to glow. It was like time had stopped and they were quickly becoming invisible. Soon the white light was quickly becoming replaced by a shinning silver light. This one more defined the when they last seen it. Welcoming and full of motherly love. That's when they saw her. Her face almost transparent. Her porcelain skin blemish free. Her gown fitting yet loosely hung on her body. Her hair long and as white as snow as it hung gracefully down her back. They looked into the solemn face of their beloved Spirit Guide and knew that this wasn't good.

My darlings I been informed that my dear daughter Karma has been taken by a dark wizard. I only blame myself for not telling you sooner. For I wanted you live as much of your normal life as possible. Young wizard, do not weep you will see her again. You with your own two hands will bring her back. Young Warriors, he will need you now more then ever. For the two of you are special. You are the reason there is a target on your backs. I cannot tell you why though. Look within yourselves and you will find the power. The training and know how is already there, you just have to unlock it. This is only a test my dear ones. I hate to say it,because you are so young. This begins your first mission. The goal to get to Shelandrix. Once you have reached Shelandrix then shall you understand just a little bit more in your goal to get to Arubia, your home.

Again the bright light shimmered down and they slow were brought back to where they were previously. Down the street from the deli. Once they reached the Deli they all sat in the same booth that they had occupied nearly everyday after their first time meeting. They were in shock, but for some reason they knew what Shelandria said was the truth.

"So Arubia is real?"

"And that's were we're meant to go?"

"We're Arubians?" Nothing much could be said. A few minutes later they began to hash out a plan. They didn't know where Shelandrix was, but somehow they had to get there. Sam had a feeling that Karma would be there. Meaning that it would be no easy path to her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter rewrite. Sorry for the confusion.