Status: 1st installment in the 'An Open Mystery' series

An Open Mystery:The Vow of the Bright Light

Thirteen: Background

"Morning." smiled Austin as he absentmindly played with Cynthia's hair. It was silent for a few moments as Cynthia soaked in what happened the night before.

"Morning to you to." She smiled. "I can't believe we did that last night."

"You aren't regretting it, are you?"

"Honest?"

"Mhmm."

"I want to try it again." Austin eyes open wide at her confession, but he couldn't help the smile that plastered itself on his face.

"If i knew you were my destiny, I would've approached you sooner."

"Why didn't you?"

"It was Sophmore year when I first tried and I swear it was like this shield was stopping me. I remember it clearly. You were standing by your locker with a book in your hand. You'd read a little then search through your locker and either put something away, or take it out. I went through the basic test. Hair, breath, armpits. I even had Jack boost up my ego a bit. I was all ready to talk to you. I was at least twelve lockers away, I got by the seventh one and was falling on my butt. Everyone looked at me and laughed, except for you. I admit I did see this hint of a smile on your face before you turned to walk away. I always wondered what that smile was for."

"Oh, I remember that day. If I'm honest I was laughing at you falling also, but I thought you fell because you lost all confidence when you got loser to me. I get what you mean though. It was like whenever I got within two feet of you I was always stopped. It was like someone didn't want us to be able to touch each other. That's why I was so surprised that day when you stared me in the eyes befoe actually introducing yourself. I admit though, before then I had never been so capvitated by someone from simple eye contact."

"This entire thing...this vow, makes me wonder if we weren't apart of it how well would we get along."

"What do you mean?"

"I've always been attracted to you. The fact that I couldn't even touch you until a certain time only made it more challenging, making my attraction to you grow. I don't know how to explain any more than that. Let's face it though, you're the complete opposite then the girls I'm use to. That first day when we finally made eye contact, it was like I never wanted to stop looking at you. I wanted to know all about you, but I felt like I already knew everything about you. It was a complicated feeling to grasp, which kind of explains my actions over the next few days after that. I was even more confused when I showed up at your locker with lillies. It was all to much."

"It's how the bond works." said Sam as he walked in "It is said that Guided Warriors, witch and wizard are all born together. That the bond is formed at birth. Well at least on our home planet it was. Things got strange though. Some newborns wouldn't make it. Stillborn and whatnot. The bond was never completed. They say even with a miscarriage the bond will never be completed. An incompleted bond is what makes the good turn bad. As you can tell, we're destined for each other before we are even born, so missing one is like eating a biscuit without any gravy or without having a drink. The purpose of the dark is to get the strongest four. Those who still have the bond, a completed bond, to get them and drain their power. I've been reading up on Arubia, which is how I know that Karma is alright. Never in our history have there been a bond of like ours. Each of us is from the four lines of Royalty. I am the next line as head of the wizards and Karma is next in line as head of the witches. You two are head of the guided warriors and our people as a whole. This is what Shelandria meant when she said she wanted us to have as much of a normal life as possible. When we have completed our missions we go into training to defeat the dark once and for all. The only problem with that is..."

"What?"

"The prophecy says that one of us, or all of us, won't come back. They believe it to be the witch or female guided warrior to be gone from us first."

"Why can't we change our destiny?" asked Austin clinging to Cynthia a little tighter.

"Changing our destiny means rewriting the past. Which means none of us ever met. The bond never form and neither of us ever knew what this type of love felt like. When we do meet it's too late. Austin has already gone to the dark and is forced to watch us be slaughtered. For without the bond we are the weakest of our kind. For us, the blood of the royals flow in our veins, making us the biggest target. Each ending one of us won't make it, but the name that is repeated the most is Cynthia's and Karma's."

"Then how are you so sure she's alright."

"Because right now, we're just a bunch of teenagers. They're waiting until we meet our parents for the first time since birth. Until the hand down the crown and badges of honor."
♠ ♠ ♠
Trying to get back into the flow. I hope this was okay.