Status: 1st installment in the 'An Open Mystery' series

An Open Mystery:The Vow of the Bright Light

Fourteen: Background pt.2

"I knew we were targeted, but why wouldn't Shelandria tell us the extreme of it?" asked Cynthia as she pulled a clean shirt over her bra. Instead of going home they did a little shopping at the boutique next door and met back up in the deli. Immediately they changed and ate as they continued their discussion.

"Shelandria has a special connection with the dark." said Sam as their eyes shot wide. "Not like that. Shelandrix, land of the fairies is the birthplace of Shelandria and her brother Helandrix."

"Helandrix?"

"Shelandria's twin brother. He's described as havin long hair, yellow eyes, buff and wears cargo shorts. At first contact he seems laid back and normal. He likes to strike when the enemy is weak."

"When the bond is broken or neer completed." added Austin.

"Exactly. Helandrix is the Guardian of the Dark. Just as Shelandria he guards over the strongest of those on his side."

"If they're twins, what made him go bad?"

"Well in the books about Arubia it says that he was past over as guardian of the good Arubians after the death of his mate. He and his mate were due to marry three days before their wedding. She died giving birth to their stillborn daughter. He lost everything at once and it drove him mad."

"Which is why he prays on those who have lost their mates and never completed their bond. He gives them a sense of understanding. He makes them think he's on their side. That he understand. When in reality he thinks they're beneath them and looks for any excuse to expose of them. His actual goal is to have all of us. Alive and well. I guess that's why one of us has to die. It'll break the vow and it won't be completed. With all four of us alive and turned to the Dark he will have supreme power."

"That's just cruel. We won't go willingly, I don't see it happening." cried Cynthia.

"It is said that once our missions are completed we will be reunited with our parents. They say it'll be like our memory of them will be unlocked and it'll be all emotional and whatnot. Anyways, during the ceremony in which we get the last of our badges they wait until we hug our parents to attack. For the first time ever in years both guardians will appear. Everyone will stop their fighting as the two face off. Shelandria and Helandrix will fight for the first time in their history. Instead Helandrix will have an ulterior motive. He will cast this spell on himself that makes whatever spells Shelandria bounce off him and towards the Royal leaders. At this point in the ceremony our parents should have already past it down to us, but it is figured that with our anger and sudden grief at such a younger age we'd be stronger then them."

"All of this is for us?"

"Yes Cynthia. For three generations they've tried to get our families to the dark side. We've always won, but our parents didn't want to take that chance and they hid the next generation of Arubians instead of just the four of us. Which is another reason Jack hates us. He's only half royal. Same dad."

"What are these badges?" asked Austin.

"For us they're are four. The first is THE BADGE OF SHELANDRIX, only a few visit there and it's not as easy as it sounds. The second is THE BADGE OF THE SCARED VOW COMPLETION. This badge is given to all who make to the age of 21 with all four. As you can tell not many have them. The third is THE BADGE OF THE ELEMENTS. This badge gives you seventy-two hours of control over ALL the elements. You're able to use it whenever you deem necessary. You can have the badge for years and still be able to use, but it's only that once. As long as you keep the badge you have the powers, but after it is use it's useless. Only left for decoration. The last badge is THE BADGE OF DEFENSE AGAINST THE DARK. You won't get this badge until you go up get against someone of the dark. In this case, if all goes well and we get Karma back and we end Jack once and for all, we get our badge. It's hard to stomach the thought of killing my own brother, but it has to be done. I have to do it."

"What did you read about Shelandrix, land of the fairies?"asked Cynthia.

"Please do tell us Samuel, great wizard and knower of all things Arubian." joked Austin earning him a slap upside the head.

"Shelandrix in located in the 3rd magic realm. It's not often that Royals go there. It's not often that anyone go there. Guided Warriors included. Shelandrix is split exactly down the middle. There's a good side and a bad side. The good side is maintained and one of the most beautiful sights you'll ever see. On that side live the vampires, mermaids and nature fairies. They each protect, control, manipulate and/or heal the type of nature they are surrounded by. The bad side is over grown as to cast a shadow. They also have mermaids that look mutated and horrible. They also have nature fairies that keep that side looking unkept. They also have wolves. They're five times the size of normal wolves and they can walk on two legs. Beware though, they can easily switch to four and you have to be ready to fight. They can easily rip you to shreds. They're are two entrances to Shelandrix. The Dark side and the Good side each contain a gate. Virgoian, the fairy man, gaurds the gate to the Dark side, but he's one of the good ones. Halvordor, the fairy man, gaurds the gate to the Good side, but he's the bad one. It is said that it's set up like that because no one from the dark is willing to go through the good to get to their sides. Those of the good, that are sent to Shelandrix, is sent their as a challenge which is why we get a badge if it's completed."

"How do we get there?"

"We wait for Shelandria. We say 'we're ready' She's shows and ask us How does a blind man see through the fog? in which we reply, He uses the vow of the bright light."

"What does the Vow even stand for?"

"The Vow of The Bright Light means The Bond Completion." Nothing else was said as they all stood and formed a circle, Karma's empty spot beyond noticable. With one look at each other they took a deep breath and spoke.

"Shelandria, we're ready."
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope this was okay and I promise more action in the next chapter. Enjoy! important information.