Status: 1st installment in the 'An Open Mystery' series

An Open Mystery:The Vow of the Bright Light

Fifteen:Shelandrix

"My children I see you have learned a lot since yesterday. I hate to say it, but it's all true. I know what I have told you before and I wouldn't necessary say it was a lie. It was mostly half truths, but don't make me out to be a liar. I only wanted to protect you. Your blood makes you a target. Your parents makes you a target. Your grandparents make you a target. Your generation of royalty is the first generation in which the blood of four royals complete the bond and sacred vow that makes you whole. As who know the bond is something that can't be forced. Before I open the portal there's a few things you need to know. First, you will take the path to your left in order to get to the gate where Virgoian will be guarding. If you come to meet Halvordor then you have gone the wrong way and have to start over. Secondly, at the beginning of each path is ten different bushes of roses. Grab the ones that say purity,respect, happiness and friendship. Hand them over to Virgoian and say " The vow of the bright light is an open mystery." Lastly be prepared o fight. You're on the side that won't be nice. Overall objectives, get to the line where the light starts to peak through. It'll be a two day journey. Half the first day on the path and a half a day to get through the Dark side. If you're ready. If not this trip to Shelandrix and Karma will be pointless, for you all will surely die. Are you ready my children?"

"Yes we are!" They spoke in confidence holding their heads high. Shelandria smiled a sense of confidence filling her. She knew they'd succeed.

" Alright then. How does a blind man see through the fog?"

"He uses the vow of the bright light." They watched as Shelandria threw her hands up towards the ceiling and a small opening opened up.

"Be careful my dears, I will see you on the side of the light." and with that she was gone. Just a flash of light. They looked at each other before smiling and grabbing ahold of each others hand and standing directly under the portal. Slowly their feet began to lift up off the ground causing Cynthia to squeal at the sudden action. As they neared closer it felt like their bodies were being pulled apart. Streched until they were three thin lines barely noticable as people. The portal began to spin faster as it sucked there bodies into a narrow space spinning them counter clockwise for what felt like hours. They yelled at the top of their lungs as they finally began to slow down and was spat out like something vial tasting.

"We here." breathed Cynthia as she stood on her feet and dusted herself off from their less than graceful landing. "The path to the left. The bushes of roses that say purity,respect, happiness and friendship are the ones we give to Virgoian. Which ones are that?" She looked to Sam who just shrugged. They both looked at Austin who smirked cockily.

"Lucky for us, I know this. Dating the humans have come in handy."

"The humans?" giggled Cynthia.

"It happens." laughed Sam as they all walked over to the bushes atop the left path. They stood there as Austin picked each one and expained them.

"The white rose, means purity. The red rose, means respect. The pink rose, means happiness. Lastly, the yellow rose means friendship. Together they are part of our entrance to the gates of Shelandrix. Does anyone remembers what we have to say?"

"I do." said Sam. "Let's go. Got at least six hours of walking ahead of us." They all groaned as they began walking along the flat land. Nothing on either side and only them to keep each other on guard, entertained and ready.

-six hours later-


"Finally!" yelled Austin as the gates finally came into view. Cynthia held a the bouquet of roses, three of each kind, as they were soon approaching the gates and guardian, Virgoian. They did not expect him to be at least twice their height. "Virgoian!" yelled Austin with a bright smile on his face as he laughed and waved as the giant smiled down at them.

"Austin you're such a idiot." laughed Cynthia.

"Your idiot. Give the flowers to Sam." She did as told and the giant crouched down on one knee and they still had to look up at him. Virgoian was a twelve foot tall guardian of the gates. His golden blonde locks flowed down to his broad shoulders as they blew in the wind. He wore a pair of black slacks that barely hung on his waist. His face was a handsome one, free of wrinkles and blimishes. His eyes were a silver-gray and made you dizzy if you stared at them to long. He had brute strength and his muscles showed it. His abs stood out, all six of them. His aura shined bright around him. A yellow aura, pure happiness.

"He feels as if he has nothing to hide. Along with his strength he can confuse you with one look in his eyes. He can also show you the color of his aura, but you have to stare a little harder to notice the purple flecks. That hints that he can also be dangerous. He doesn't like it when people yell his name." They both looked at Austin and frowned. Austin blushed as he looked down and scratched the back of his head.

"Sorry Virgoian, I didn't mean any harm. Won't happen again. Guided Warrior's oath." Austin stood up straight and placed his right hand over his heart. He watched as the giant placed his hand over his heart and bowed down to him. They all smiled as Sam walked up to him and tried to offer the flowers, only to have him refuse them. Sam groaned as he handed them back over to Cynthia and pushed her foward. A little shakily she offered him the flowers. He smiled and accepted them easily. Austin growled and felt as jealousy filled his bones. Sam smiled as he covered Austin's mouth.

"The vow of the bright light is an open mystery."he spoke hastily. Virgoian stepped aside as the gates began to open. They waved as they walked through, Austin still fuming. As soon as they were in the gates slammed shut behind them making them jumped and Austin pushed Sam off of him.

"Get off me Sam. Oversized fruit."

"Save your energy Austin, he did it intentionally. He wanted to make you jealous as a way of teaching you a lesson. He really doesn't like people screaming his name. He's a giant, not deaf."

"How does he know she's my mate, she could've been a wizard?"

"Your auras pull to each other. He can see others auras Austin." said Sam with a roll of his eyes. "Save your energy. Remember we have to be prepared to fight."

Austin groaned but did as told. Once again they grabbed each others hand and walked through. As soon as they stepped into the darkness their clothes were changed. Austin in a pair of leather jeans and vest. A sword hanging from his side and a knife on either side of his boots. Cynthia in a leather skirt, leggins and a leather vest. Two batons crossed and attached to her back and three ninja stars hanging on either side of her boots at her ankles, six in total. Lastly, Sam in the same as Austin,but with a cape on his back giving him more of a shadow effect. A sword hanging on either sides of his waist, two knives on the sides of his boots and a bag of already made potions and charms ready for his disposal. They looked at each other and smiled.

"Now this is badass." laughed Austin as Cynthia and Sam nodded in agreement. The journey had begun as they began their descent into the woods. Into the Dark side of overcasting of shadows not knowing what will be waiting for them inside.
♠ ♠ ♠
And the journey has begun. Spare with me, not so good at action scenes, but I will try hardest.