Status: 1st installment in the 'An Open Mystery' series

An Open Mystery:The Vow of the Bright Light

Sixteen:Shelandrix pt2

"Sam, how did you know Karma was your mate? I mean how did you know it was her?"

"At first I didn't. She worked at this grocery store I shopped at. At the time I was dating the manager there. I was with her for about three months. It was about two days after my eighteenth birthday and I suddenly didn't feel the same way about her. She had to work that day. I needed a few things anyways. So I thought it was now or never. So when I get there, the only worker in sight is Karma. I walked over there all prepared to ask her to get the manager. The thing is when I'm actually in front of her I freeze up. Tongue tied and everything, but nothing can compare to what it was like when she finally looked up at me and we made eye contact. It was like everything stopped and for the first time I was noticing exactly how beautiful she was. After a while I was finally able to find my voice. All that came out though was, 'I'm Sam.' For a minute she just looked at me and smiled. Then she went 'Karma. Excuse me, but do I know you? It feels like I do.'

'Same here. I want you to stay here. I'm going to go break up with my girlfriend and when I come back I want to take you out to lunch.' I didn't wait for an answer I just left. I found her yelling at a stockboy. I tapped her shoulder and said 'it's over. I think I just met the most beautiful and kindhearted girl I've ever met and one day and one day I'm going to marry her.' Needless to say she did not appreciate that. So I get back to Karma and go, 'Right after you my lady.' I swear I had never done that a day in my life. So apparently the manager and now ex-girlfriend had followed me. Seeing that Karma was the one I was talking about and fired her on the spot.

Only thing is she didn't leave it at that. She got in Karma's face and said so many ugly, hateful things. I swear I only blinked once and she was in the air. Like legit floating. Come to find out she was a witch and I think I made her go dark. So she gets to speaking a lot of things I paid no attention to. Before I know it, there's this ball of green light headed straight for us. Without any hesitation or no how we blocked it. It was like it had been living within me for years. That chick disappeared, her name was Skylar, but she yelled 'this isn't over'. I had no idea what she meant, until a few months later. About five months actually. I told Karma I loved her and she said it back. We went into the deli and on top of the counter was three different books about Arubia. It was only a book I thought. Each one. There were different versions of it, but they all ended the same. Each time we finished an edition a new one would await us in the same spot as the previous ones. It was strange.

The book had our names in it. All of them. Then one day we were cooking together and almost blew up the deli. We accepted what the books told us after that. At least I thought we did. Karma hated what she was after the way we met and bonded. She always feared of being like Skylar. She finally started to accept it after we became whole. Then this happened and she's probably back to hating who she is." Sam sighed as Cynthia hugged him and Austin patted his back.

"She knows we're coming for her. She knows we wouldn't let anything happen without putting up a fight." Said Austin reassuringly.

"We'll get her back Sam."

"I don't doubt we will. I just want to see her again already. This is the longest we've ever been apart. Its just...just..."

"Doesn't feel right. Basically unbearable. Like a part of you is missing."rambled off Austin absentmindly grabbing Cynthia's hand.

"Exactly." Said Sam as a few tears slipped from his eyes. He hurriedly wiped them away. "Show no signs of weakness. Come on let's keep going." He said as they continued their walk forward in the shadows. They had absolutely no clue where they where going. All they knew was to keep straight.

"Hey Austin, how about a little light? Just for a bit. Don't want to drain you." Suggested Sam. Austin laughed as he ignited a glow over his entire body. "I hope you guys brought bottled water. I'm going to need it." He joked.

"I think I have a water charm here. Oh! By the way, because of your water element Austin, the mermaids have a special connection with you. Just don't go in the water. Control it, don't touch it. As for you Cynthia, don't let the nature fairies touch you. Do everything you can. You may control it, but they can trap you in it. Then we'd have to save you and Karma. Sorry to say, but I don't think that's one we'd win."

"And you'd be right. You know I forget just how smart you can be." Said a voice from the shadows before she revealed herself. Behind her two hairy creatures standing on two legs. The wolves. Sam stood there in shock. Never did he expect to see her again.

"Skylar!" He gasped. "What do you have to do with this?"

"Don't be so surprise Samuel. I told you then that this wasn't over."

"No wonder you left her for Karma. It has nothing to do with the fact that the bond can't be forced. It doesn't matter that you can't force someone to be your mate. Not even if that person turns over to the Dark. It'll still be the fact that Karma is out there. He'd always belong to her." Said Austin rolling his eyes as Cynthia laughed.

"I think I spoke too soon. You're not as smart as you want to appear. Think about it Sam, we went out for a little over three months. In that time, I hired Karma. See, with a broken bond you get a bit depressed. That's when Shelandrix finds you, doesn't matter the age. He finds you and he gives you all the information you need. However, no one knows whose mate is whose. So we wait. I however got lucky. We were out on a date and I noticed you couldn't get snacks unless we moved over. It didn't pique your interest, but it touched mines. There she was, the beautiful Karma. I still had to wait for you idiots to complete 'the scared vow'. The vow that bonds your heart, auras and feelings together for the rest of your lives. You'll always know what the other is thinking, feeling and every last move. You'd protect each other and whatnot. You don't even have a say in it, it's in your genes. Who wouldn't want that, right? Not everyone is 'lucky' enough to have that though. Some of us before we're even born. Helandrix, he collects us all and we find a comfort there. Even though we'll never be whole. I was assigned to get you and Karma over to our side, but I decided to just eliminate you both. Give you all a taste of what we go through. When I failed, I left it to Jack. He was assigned to kidnap Cynthia. We knew if we corrupted her the rest would follow. At least that's what the books say. That idiot grabbed the wrong girl though. Helandrix was so close to corrupting her. Had her thinking we killed you all, but Shelandria just had to step in. She brought her here."

"Damn it Skylar, which side are you one?" Smirked Jack as he stepped on side of her and kissed her cheek. "Brother, we meet again." He laughed. Sam clenched his fist.

"You see without the bond I can say anything I want about him and not feel bad about it at all."

"Like, we can cheat all we want and won't feel like ending it all because of it."

"Nobody cares about that."spat Austin through gritted teeth.

"Here I was thinking that you'd at least like to hear a little story about Sam before you all died." Laughed Skylar.

"We aren't suppose to kill them Sky."

"Capture them and we're dead."

"Kill them and we're dead for sure." argued Jack.

"Either way we're dead. So let's fight!" Yelled Skylar as Jack swung his sword over his head. The sound of metal against metal rang throughout the woods.

"I knew you were getting tired of being in big brothers shadow, but this is ridiculous. What you need to understand is regardless of what you think, your blood is only half royal. I'm the next in line. Full blood royal. I will always be big brother, stronger and better and nothing will change that." It was clear Sam's anger has taken over him. His body glowed a bright yellow. Cynthia and Austin both smiled and malicious smile before letting their bodies take the same glow.

"Alright let's fight." They said. Cynthia went after Skylar as Austin faced the wolves. Both leaving Jack and Sam to fight against each other.
♠ ♠ ♠
I been on a role lately. One more part of Shelandrix left.