Status: 1st installment in the 'An Open Mystery' series

An Open Mystery:The Vow of the Bright Light

Eighteen: Reunited

Two hours. Sam had been waiting for two hours. He felt as if he was being torn in half. He wanted so desperately to get Karma back, but he couldn't leave his friends behind. He was so focused on them that he hadn't noticed the wolves on the other side hidden in the shadows. Or the vampires standing behind him waiting for them to attack. He paid no attention to the mermaids gathered around Austin, or the fairies gathered around Karma. That was until one spoked.

"You must be Sam, we've heard a lot about you. Sorry about your friends." she said.

"They're not dead." he growled.

"They're not, but there getting closer. It's the bond that strenghtens you. If you want my advice I'd say you're missing one. They're banged up, bruised, exhausted and probably some bleeding. Find your mate and you find your friends."

"I can't choose." he cried. " I love them all. We're meant to be together. All of us together."

"I agree." said a voice he was all to familiar with. His head shot up as he cried a little harder. Before he knew it he was standing on his feet and pulling her into a tight hug. She smiled as she snuggled into his hug a little more.

"Someone missed me." she laughed.

"I spent the night by myself talking to the moon. In hopes you were there talking back."

"You're such a cheeseball, but I've missed you too." she looked up into his eyes. "More then you'll ever know."

"Agreed. Let's do this." suddenly feeling a strange overwhelming of confidence Sam walked to Austin and grabbed his hand while dipping his other hand in the water. Karma mimicked his actions as she grabbed Cynthia's hand and used her other hand to touch the tree. They closed their eyes and spoked. Feeling the elements beneath their fingers.

" Together as one. Brother and sisters of a kind. Hear my voice as these words ring out. Come to us so that we will be whole, and fulfill of what will be our destiny. To defend our world." They felt the power of the words as a bright light almost blinded them. They had been through to much in a short amount of time for it to end like this. They kept their eyes closes as they waited for the guided warriors and their life-long friends to speak and complete the scared vow.

"We hear your cry and can't wait to meet. For being together is our destiny. As we find our way to you we send our happiness and forever be warm adn guided together. As guided warriors, witches and wizards alike we promise to stay by each others side." The words rang out heavy as they coughed and the elements became one. A cold wind wrapped around them followed by a hot fire that was soon cooled by a mist and calmed by the earth. A bright light blinded them as it filled with the smells of the seasons.

"I love you." they all whispered and the light exploded and the vow and bond was restored. Karma was quick to Cynthia's side as Sam helpped Austin stand and out of the water.

"Cynthia, are you okay?" she cried.

"I'm fine. What about you?" she mumbled.

"So much better now that I have you all." Cynthia smiled as they embraced each other. They pulled back and Karma helpped her stand. They walked over to their mates and for the first time in what felt like years since Karma was tooken they embraced as a group.

"Now this...this is a feeling that I never want to go away." smiled Austin.

"Dido." agreed Sam. They pulled apart and Cynthia glared at Austin before bursting into tears and hugging him tightly.

"Never scared me like that again jerk." Austin laughed as he hugged her tightly, before pulling back and pressing their lips together.

"I wouldn't dream of it." he whispered against her lips as he pressed their foreheads together.

"Before we leave lets sit here for a minute." said Karma. They did as told finally stepping into the side of the Light and having their clothes go back to normal. "yeah, that shit is awesome. Apparently that is how they dress back in Arubia. Anyways, What i wanted to tell you guys was, when Jack took me as you know I was stunned. He look me literally to the alley behind the Deli. The idiot unstunned me and I tried to fight back. One of my old coworkers were there. Her name was Sasha. I say was because I killed her ass. Stupid bitch said she couldn't wait to get a taste of Sam before she cut his head off. I'd never been so mad in my life. My body started to glow this bright yellow. The only thing I had to use was my magic. I used every last ounce of it on a fire charm and burned her ass to ashes. Big mistake. I drained myself leaving me vulnerable. Before I passed out I saw Helandrix and Shelandria facing off. She didn't look like a ghost, she looked purely human. It was weird. I past out and woke up here. They're nice here and the mermaids couldn't wait to meet Austin. The nature fairies talked non-stop about Cynthia and the vampires was more interested in me and you Sam. One thing they said continuously was 'beware, for it's not as it seems. The Light and the Dark hides in unexpected ways. It's always what you least expected.' isn't that strange?"

"Exactly, for now let's go home and we'd talk more after some showers and a good nap."

"What day was it when you guys left?"

"I think it was Friday, why?" asked Cynthia.

"You'll see." she laughed. They all grabbed hands and stood in a circle.

"Shelandria, spirit guide, we're ready to go home." They watched as a small opening appeared just above their heads before expanding and sucking them in and spitting them out in the center of the deli.

"Man, it feels good to be home." stretched Austin as everyone laughed.
♠ ♠ ♠
oh my gosh! Only two chapters left, thinking about a sequel. Not to sure yet. Enjoy!